1977 911 Backdate to 1973 RSR Kinda by Spotta

Spotta

Hello,

Been a couple of weeks due to a lot of kids sport and other commitments but work has not stopped by any stretch. Some update photos. But I have accepted the fact Christmas wont happen. I cant get a painter that works by the same time frame that I want to. So we will have to keep making progress until the painter is ready. 

IMG_7418.thumb.jpg.c7057c06b7eac6b0817491aff8cd99ab.jpgIMG_7420.thumb.jpg.6764fb1d974e88f0cdb763f89bc411aa.jpgIMG_7422.thumb.jpg.2f19a0c6be24765a1535c15ec5fb8c67.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am sure you all thought the project was on the back burner but there has still be some movement. Unfortunately my expertise does not lie in panel work and its been some slow progress. I am currently trying to secure someone to paint the car. So if anyone knows someone who can help, I would be happy to ship to Victoria etc. I am also now waiting on my gearbox and engine. I have a feeling they may not be ready by Christmas unfortunately. I will continue to plug away until I can get the car painted and get and engine and gearbox in it. Aside form that I am very happy with how it is looking and am confident it is going to turn out ok. If I don't post again until next year, I hope everyone has a safe and merry festive season. 

988561664_Panleson1.thumb.jpg.bf20651b07d6701a05369b1fea78e80c.jpg185343809_Panelson2.thumb.jpg.2c92b5987c57ae3ae4736811bf456bde.jpg

19 hours ago, Spotta said:

Hello all,

I am sure you all thought the project was on the back burner but there has still be some movement. Unfortunately my expertise does not lie in panel work and its been some slow progress. I am currently trying to secure someone to paint the car. So if anyone knows someone who can help, I would be happy to ship to Victoria etc. I am also now waiting on my gearbox and engine. I have a feeling they may not be ready by Christmas unfortunately. I will continue to plug away until I can get the car painted and get and engine and gearbox in it. Aside form that I am very happy with how it is looking and am confident it is going to turn out ok. If I don't post again until next year, I hope everyone has a safe and merry festive season. 

988561664_Panleson1.thumb.jpg.bf20651b07d6701a05369b1fea78e80c.jpg185343809_Panelson2.thumb.jpg.2c92b5987c57ae3ae4736811bf456bde.jpg

Hey mate, I would paint the car with Bocchino (European Technology Bodyworks) in Hobart! They are second to none, fairly priced and Vince has worked on countless aircooleds. He was actually recommended to me by the gurus at PCT. He just did my bootlid and I am stoked with his work.

Vince 0438285825.

54 minutes ago, drmurugti said:

Hey mate, I would paint the car with Bocchino (European Technology Bodyworks) in Hobart! They are second to none, fairly priced and Vince has worked on countless aircooleds. He was actually recommended to me by the gurus at PCT. He just did my bootlid and I am stoked with his work.

Vince 0438285825.

Muru, have heard they can be very slow, did you experience that?

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Muru, have heard they can be very slow, did you experience that?

They are very busy. So have too book in advance! They were really good and finished it on time. My car is still there as they are helping me to install seals for the targa!

On 25/11/2020 at 10:01, drmurugti said:

Vince 0438285825.

Thanks very much for the help guys, I will give him a call and see how we go. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, luzzo said:

Making great progress @Spotta.

Love the Red. Is it Guards Red..? 

Hello Luzzo,

Ok, so this will create some controversy I am sure. It is guards red, or Indischrot or India red. Whatever you would like to call it. But the original mix code for my car is 027. I have used the Indischrot mix code of 84A. Its the current day Indischrot/Guards red. 

6 minutes ago, Spotta said:

Hello Luzzo,

Ok, so this will create some controversy I am sure. It is guards red, or Indischrot or India red. Whatever you would like to call it.

hey @Spotta

No need for controversy, this is your build.  Build it your way and own it. 

Love it  :cool07:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

What's your new target date Spotta?  Looks like it isn't far away???

To be honest I don’t think I will bring it out in public until spring. Winter is getting close and rather than rush I will take the winter to finish it properly. I don’t generally drive any of my cars in winter at the best of times. 

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2021 at 21:20, Spotta said:

It’s been a while between updates. Engine coming along. Car would be back from painters in a couple of days. 

So what is the motor build going to be? I’m working through a 2.7 build at the moment

On 02/04/2021 at 22:22, Tips said:

So what is the motor build going to be? I’m working through a 2.7 build at the moment

Hello, Its a 3.2 twin spark out to a 3.4 with some Nikkis cylinders and Jp racing items. Doherty cams etc.