Last Rasp - Porsche Channel YouTube

21 hours ago, Woody_964 said:

Hope you're doing OK Andy! Should I be getting excited about a video on your not-so-recent Motec install? I've been waiting for one since your teaser engine shots on IG a few months back. Interested to hear your thoughts on it as it's certainly on the wish list!

Funnily enough I was just thinking about this video last night. I'm really wanting to present a fair and positive review. But I am at the fifth time taking the car to be tuned and can't seem resolve an issue with it shunting at low speed and having a hyper sensitive throttle at low speeds. Right now, my caution around this upgrade - and remember, I did Neinmesiter's 9M Motec upgrade which includes higher flow injectors and a different intake - is that it's a good kit but may actually need Neinmeister's wizardry to really dial in the tune. So yeah, it's still coming for sure.

1 hour ago, Andy73 said:

But I am at the fifth time taking the car to be tuned and can't seem resolve an issue with it shunting at low speed and having a hyper sensitive throttle at low speeds. 

Andy,

I'm interested in what your Engine Overrun tune ends up being.  I've been meaning to soften mine off a little for the same reason but have never got around to it.  It might be as easy as repositioning the Engine Overrun Engine Speed Threshold in the Motec tune so it does not correspond to the snatchy speed.  ie Fuel cut only occurs at engine speeds above the snatchy speed.  For me that would involve changing it from 1750rpm to say 2300ish rpm.

• 2 weeks later...

Put together a small meet up last week. Kept 'Monday Night Lights' small as it was a bit of a toe in the water exercise for something bigger coming later in the year. Didn't quite get the golden hour light we were hoping for but it was a great night with rad cars and awesome people. Will keep everyone posted for the next one...

6 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Put together a small meet up last week. Kept 'Monday Night Lights' small as it was a bit of a toe in the water exercise for something bigger coming later in the year. Didn't quite get the golden hour light we were hoping for but it was a great night with rad cars and awesome people. Will keep everyone posted for the next one...

First class Andy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...