Jump to content
tomo

First water cooled.

Recommended Posts

Well  the new 996 (to us) is on the truck towards Melbourne should get there some time tomorrow,  Then head down  bush on Monday, 2004 55000 ks, IMS solution kit fitted ,FSH and a tipy (Dicky knee) Should be a good bit o Kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result, they’re a wonderful car, no doubt you’ll be very happy.

Post some pics when you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rick V said:

Congrats. Welcome to the dark side (w/c & 996).

The A/C side of life is bit prickly as well but loved every minit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tomo said:

The A/C side of life is bit prickly as well but loved every minit.

 

Me too....... except the bit where I sold my Aust delivered  guards red ‘85 Carrera Coupe for $43k!! Doh!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Me too....... except the bit where I sold my Aust delivered  guards red ‘85 Carrera Coupe for $43k!! Doh!!

I guess, look at the upside.

It allowed you to get into the GT3. And that has most likely increased in value rather well, and probably will continue to do so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think you would look better in a Cayman, but nice choice, congratulations Tomo.    A couple of sleepless nights...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes will see how the 996 pans out before any other purchases,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh...that would explain the avatar update - Congrats and enjoy. They're a great car!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been looking  into a flappy paddle steering  wheel for the  tipster, Have got onto a mob in the states that makes you a brand new replacement wheel with paddles, And you fit your airbag @1399 us $ plus postage nice looking bit o kit but getting up there in price. The wheel is also smaller in diamiter than the S/W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the 996 has been sitting in a yard in Melbourne for 3 days gets loaded to day to make the last leg home, Lets hope it is as good as all the the reports and pics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2020 at 14:57, tomo said:

Have been looking  into a flappy paddle steering  wheel for the  tipster, Have got onto a mob in the states that makes you a brand new replacement wheel with paddles, And you fit your airbag @1399 us $ plus postage nice looking bit o kit but getting up there in price. The wheel is also smaller in diamiter than the S/W

If you can get hold of a manual wheel, then Merc AMG paddles are the go, and I think there's a guy in the UK that does a plug and play wiring harness.  You can also use your Tip wheel so you've got both options.  I was going to do it on my C2 tip, just never got around to it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, tomo said:

Well the 996 has been sitting in a yard in Melbourne for 3 days gets loaded to day to make the last leg home, Lets hope it is as good as all the the reports and pics. 

Always an anxious wait @tomo

Exciting next couple of days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

If you can get hold of a manual wheel, then Merc AMG paddles are the go, and I think there's a guy in the UK that does a plug and play wiring harness.  You can also use your Tip wheel so you've got both options.  I was going to do it on my C2 tip, just never got around to it.....

Yes, I have seen that DYI article, And @2 k for the wheel without postage I rekon thats the way I will be goin, :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tomo said:

Yes, I have seen that DYI article, And @2 k for the wheel without postage I rekon thats the way I will be goin, :)

Just thinking, 4 spoke or 3 spoke wheel?  (Sorry, can't recall what year you have).  I have a 4 spoke manual wheel, rims not overly flash from sun damage, but might be a nice recover job if you have an earlier car.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Just thinking, 4 spoke or 3 spoke wheel?  (Sorry, can't recall what year you have).  I have a 4 spoke manual wheel, rims not overly flash from sun damage, but might be a nice recover job if you have an earlier car.....

Thanks for the thinking @TwoHeadsTas but 2004 3 spoke, But first I might get her off the truck and go for a spin. Hangin out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tomo said:

Hangin out :)

Some nice Countryside around Portland, when you get that baby off the truck I can see the smile on your face when you open her up for the first time :CoolDance:.

So I presume you purchased site unseen, just pics and a report?  Have you driven a 996 before, any test drives in Vic prior to locking this one in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stepo said:

Some nice Countryside around Portland, when you get that baby off the truck I can see the smile on your face when you open her up for the first time :CoolDance:.

So I presume you purchased site unseen, just pics and a report?  Have you driven a 996 before, any test drives in Vic prior to locking this one in?

Yep sight unseen,Never driven a Porsche since the 964, Just got her off the carrier,  Think I did Ok first inspection car is bloody spotless car presents as 6 months old not 16 years drives well,Same feel as the 964 so far very pleased, At home pulling it apart to make sure its as good as it looks :):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, tomo said:

Same feel as the 964 so far very pleased,

That's a complement to the 996. Glad to hear @tomo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomo said:

Yep sight unseen,

pulling it apart to make sure its as good as it looks 

A lot of love/hype for the 996 lately, and for good reason..............they will entertain your sensations at every level.  They look the goods and go like the clappers, you won't ever be disappointed you took the leap. 

Perfect day for a drive for you I'm thinking, go for it and enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good on you Tomo, congratulations.....Drive it like you stole it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...