First water cooled.

tomo

6 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Me too....... except the bit where I sold my Aust delivered  guards red ‘85 Carrera Coupe for $43k!! Doh!!

I guess, look at the upside.

It allowed you to get into the GT3. And that has most likely increased in value rather well, and probably will continue to do so...

Have been looking  into a flappy paddle steering  wheel for the  tipster, Have got onto a mob in the states that makes you a brand new replacement wheel with paddles, And you fit your airbag @1399 us $ plus postage nice looking bit o kit but getting up there in price. The wheel is also smaller in diamiter than the S/W

On 13/09/2020 at 14:57, tomo said:

Have been looking  into a flappy paddle steering  wheel for the  tipster, Have got onto a mob in the states that makes you a brand new replacement wheel with paddles, And you fit your airbag @1399 us $ plus postage nice looking bit o kit but getting up there in price. The wheel is also smaller in diamiter than the S/W

If you can get hold of a manual wheel, then Merc AMG paddles are the go, and I think there's a guy in the UK that does a plug and play wiring harness.  You can also use your Tip wheel so you've got both options.  I was going to do it on my C2 tip, just never got around to it.....

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

If you can get hold of a manual wheel, then Merc AMG paddles are the go, and I think there's a guy in the UK that does a plug and play wiring harness.  You can also use your Tip wheel so you've got both options.  I was going to do it on my C2 tip, just never got around to it.....

Yes, I have seen that DYI article, And @2 k for the wheel without postage I rekon thats the way I will be goin, :)

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Yes, I have seen that DYI article, And @2 k for the wheel without postage I rekon thats the way I will be goin, :)

Just thinking, 4 spoke or 3 spoke wheel?  (Sorry, can't recall what year you have).  I have a 4 spoke manual wheel, rims not overly flash from sun damage, but might be a nice recover job if you have an earlier car.....

50 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Just thinking, 4 spoke or 3 spoke wheel?  (Sorry, can't recall what year you have).  I have a 4 spoke manual wheel, rims not overly flash from sun damage, but might be a nice recover job if you have an earlier car.....

Thanks for the thinking @TwoHeadsTas but 2004 3 spoke, But first I might get her off the truck and go for a spin. Hangin out :)

14 hours ago, tomo said:

Hangin out :)

Some nice Countryside around Portland, when you get that baby off the truck I can see the smile on your face when you open her up for the first time :CoolDance:.

So I presume you purchased site unseen, just pics and a report?  Have you driven a 996 before, any test drives in Vic prior to locking this one in?

1 hour ago, Stepo said:

Some nice Countryside around Portland, when you get that baby off the truck I can see the smile on your face when you open her up for the first time :CoolDance:.

So I presume you purchased site unseen, just pics and a report?  Have you driven a 996 before, any test drives in Vic prior to locking this one in?

Yep sight unseen,Never driven a Porsche since the 964, Just got her off the carrier,  Think I did Ok first inspection car is bloody spotless car presents as 6 months old not 16 years drives well,Same feel as the 964 so far very pleased, At home pulling it apart to make sure its as good as it looks :):)

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Yep sight unseen,

pulling it apart to make sure its as good as it looks 

A lot of love/hype for the 996 lately, and for good reason..............they will entertain your sensations at every level.  They look the goods and go like the clappers, you won't ever be disappointed you took the leap. 

Perfect day for a drive for you I'm thinking, go for it and enjoy!