First water cooled.

tomo

8 hours ago, Steve996 said:

Nice. Which ones did you get? I’ve been looking at doing the same so keen to hear what you think once all fitted up. 
Also, how do you find the H&R springs? I’ve just ordered a set of these plus new shocks.  I really like the stance on yours @tomo.

Springs are great on Good roads, But a sharp reaction can be had by hitting an unspotted pot hole☹, I scored the cats of a PFA member, there make is TopGear out of the UK, Good looking welds, Top looking stuff really,  Let's hope they do their  job as good as they look :) what shocks did you go 4 ?

On 12/02/2022 at 07:19, tomo said:

It should start in 1st in manual mode  mine does . :) ,I  do not think my car has been in the auto mode since since ownership.

On 12/02/2022 at 07:19, tomo said:

It should start in 1st in manual mode  mine does . :) ,I  do not think my car has been in the auto mode since since ownership.

I've got the cable throttle 3/98 likely a ZF transmission. You have Mercedes transmission I think. I like manual mode but with the passage of time I think it warrants paddles.

Well have put on the 200 cell cats, Motor breathes better, revs freely where it felt restricted with the 400 cats, I do not think there is any H/P gain, Engine is about 20-25% louder, Not loud in the cab, Do not know if I like the burble yet, Think I have got used to stealth mode :) .

38 minutes ago, tomo said:

Well have put on the 200 cell cats, Motor breathes better, revs freely where it felt restricted with the 400 cats, I do not think there is any H/P gain, Engine is about 20-25% louder, Not loud in the cab, Do not know if I like the burble yet, Think I have got used to stealth mode :) .

Sometimes it pays to be able to fly under the radar by having a more subtle setup.  One of the benefits of having a silver car, even though I'd love Speed Yellow......

Well clocked up 6 hrs at the wheel of the 6.2, The cats are starting to grow on me, 

What has impressed me though is going from OW - 40 mineral oil to 5W - 40 full synth , Better oil pressure, fuel economy all round better :) 3hrs of Sunshine getting to destination 2 hrs of rain on the way home,  All round a good thashing, with no tickets (I hope) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Had to go to Warnambool today, Wet and miserable morning took the gamble and fired up the Porka, Turned out a beautifully day had a bit of lunch at place with sweeping views of the bay, Bit of traffic about but got in a couple of 3rd gear ballistic blasts on the way home ,Very pleasant Saint Pats day.

images.jpeg

20220317_102125.jpg

20220317_113541.jpg

• 2 months later...

20220520_161217.thumb.jpg.f8225dcc9fec8815a3f82c752a93245c.jpgWell got the Willie Nelson T shirt on again about 4.5 hrs of good thashing had, A few interruptions,  caravans, Trucks farm machinery managed not to be taken out, Enjoyed a couple of well cambered fast entry fast exit corners on 2 or three occasions just hoping there's no mail from plod :) sitting back having a coldy now all good 😀 

• 1 month later...

Well had sereveral hrs behind the wheel,Down to the big smoke catch up with the grandson for his 13th, Had a win at the basket ball and his Mates are camping over, So being good grandparents left that to the daughter and hubby to manage :) and quick sprint home was had, missed one 80 k sign $365 for a polly's bottle of red has been donated ;) a quick snap at a country duny 

IMG_20220617_124432.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally a bit of Sunshine,  Don't trust it to much so got good spin along the local coastal roads, And there's some gooduns about no potholes and traffic, The 6.2 behaved flawlessly a bit of 2nd and 3rd gear grins were achieved just what was needed :)

45 minutes ago, tomo said:

Finally a bit of Sunshine,  Don't trust it to much so got good spin along the local coastal roads, And there's some gooduns about no potholes and traffic, The 6.2 behaved flawlessly a bit of 2nd and 3rd gear grins were achieved just what was needed :)

Low level of interest in the GF then Tomo 🙂 

Driving is good, but I've got to resist the urge at the moment.  Intending to do a Super Sprint clubday next weekend, but have a grade 2 calf muscle tear in my left calf, physio has warned against driving a manual for a few day, so I'll have to give it the week 😞 

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Low level of interest in the GF then Tomo 🙂 

Driving is good, but I've got to resist the urge at the moment.  Intending to do a Super Sprint clubday next weekend, but have a grade 2 calf muscle tear in my left calf, physio has warned against driving a manual for a few day, so I'll have to give it the week 😞 

No Mate , The GF was over in the 1st hour, Bad luck about the crook leg Mate, My clutch leg been stuffed since a work fall hence the Tippy :)

• 4 months later...

Well it's been 5 months since I have had the Willy Nelson T shirt on my right leg has finally decided too work we'll enough to drive , So 5 hrs behind the wheel in what turned out to be bit of a let's say "bloody hot" day down to the Gran daughter's 16 birthday, Stayed at the Coburg Pentridge motel ,What a great place, any way couple of pics. (My great great grandads room was already booked) :)20230217_153233.thumb.jpg.22ae3c45814d71231011495b36bbfc2b.jpg

20230217_153258.jpg

• 1 month later...

image.png.3a1df94fa69175f4ef620a4b589cfaf4.pngWell the weather has been ,Let's be honest CRAP down our way, But the sky's were clear yesterday (pissing down right now) So we jumped into the Porka ,spent some of the retirement fund on petrol and went for very pleasant 2hr backroads thrashing session, The 6.2 performed perfectly. 😀

On 19/02/2022 at 12:34, tomo said:

Springs are great on Good roads, But a sharp reaction can be had by hitting an unspotted pot hole☹, I scored the cats of a PFA member, there make is TopGear out of the UK, Good looking welds, Top looking stuff really,  Let's hope they do their  job as good as they look :) what shocks did you go 4 ?

Standard intend to up grade to coil overs 1day