Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Tred to find the squeaky fan budgie hiding under the front bumper , got close but the bugger then went quiet and I cant hear it any more. I guess I should be happy i dont have pests  .. :wacko:

Another 20litres of non decaf 98 for a quick moment of tarmac terrorism.

Took my car for a run up the Old Pac Hwy early Sunday morning. First decent drive since puting the Porsche short shift kit in. Much nicer to drive, I wouldn't say it's changed my life, more it just feels like it should I think, suits the car. The road was pretty much clear of debris for anyone curious although Road Warriors Cafe still had no power, they were running on generators and gas cooking.

• 3 weeks later...

My son had a soccer match up in Monbulk so a perfect opportunity to take the SC up through the winding roads.

Only problem was that a Highway Patrol car pulled in behind me just as we were about to take the road up to Sassafras.  Had to drive up there as if I was taking my driving test - 2nd gear for 7kms.

My son had a soccer match up in Monbulk so a perfect opportunity to take the SC up through the winding roads.

Only problem was that a Highway Patrol car pulled in behind me just as we were about to take the road up to Sassafras.  Had to drive up there as if I was taking my driving test - 2nd gear for 7kms.

bugger...

• 2 weeks later...

After washing 3 Porsches before work (as you do) ,  I selected Le Frog as the daily drive.

All the way home I had a freeloader ; amazing that he didn't move at all at speeds of up to 100km/hr. Stayed put when I got out at home. I reckon his contact lenses were pretty dry.

Later he scurried into the passenger door crevice where it's dark and warm. I guess I'll meet him later! Or my next passenger might beat me to it  :D

IMG_3771.jpg

Went solo for a coffee and muffin at Fraga's in Marysville. I took the scenic route via Gembrook, Launching Place and up the Reefton spur. Very few cars on the road. Rain will do that. On the way home I took a left onto the Acheron Way. Beautiful smooth, winding forest road and then about 10km of gravel before the Mt Donna Buang turn off. 911's love dirt roads :) Headed back thru Seville and Monbulk and home in time to clean off the crud before lunch.

Went solo for a coffee and muffin at Fraga's in Marysville. I took the scenic route via Gembrook, Launching Place and up the Reefton spur. Very few cars on the road. Rain will do that. On the way home I took a left onto the Acheron Way. Beautiful smooth, winding forest road and then about 10km of gravel before the Mt Donna Buang turn off. 911's love dirt roads :) Headed back thru Seville and Monbulk and home in time to clean off the crud before lunch.

Acheron way is an amazing piece of bitumen, DaveT Peter & I did that to the end of the sealed road and back after our last run up to Marysville...  

Ah , bucolic scene 1.5 hrs drive north of Hobart

IMG_3773.jpg

Ran 10km at the state road race titles today. To someone who generally runs 60-800m , this was er , pretty painful - and the weather was horizontal , freezing and wet. 

Aferwards I was very grateful I had brought an automatic version of the most comfortable car I've driven  :)

And here is the route if others are interested.    Longer one next time will make a look through Nimbi (gotta stock up).

18302998641_f35b145aa2_z.jpg

NOTE : Don't leave your GoPro on the outside for too long.  The rather brought roads, combined with lots of left and rights, and the use of a rally car as the camera car tends to make all the screws work less than the tightness they need to be.   It ended up filming the road, then a blue bumper, then the sky.....smoother camera cars next time