No 996 Gt3's for sale in Australia?

GT3LOUI

Not 1 on carsales. 

Only 1 series 1 and a handful of series 2's for sale in UK. 

What's going on lads? 

996 gt3 starting to be tightly held? 

BTW, a plethora of 991 gt3's for sale. For around 240-250k, has to be the best value supercar on the market. 

51 minutes ago, GT3LOUI said:

Not 1 on carsales. 

What's going on lads? 

BTW, a plethora of 991 gt3's for sale. For around 240-250k, has to be the best value supercar on the market. 

I'm not surprised....great car why would you sell one if you had one 

2 hours ago, GT3LOUI said:

Not 1 on carsales. 

What's going on lads? 

Just because they’re not on Carsales doesn’t mean there are none for sale.  Just ask me ...

Wga, I could only find 11 in the UK on auto trader, where else do you look? 

Skidmarks, you never cease to amaze me. With you network, I'm sure you probably know all the gt3's personally. Either that or you're selling one? 

1 hour ago, GT3LOUI said:

Skidmarks, you never cease to amaze me. With you network, I'm sure you probably know all the gt3's personally. Either that or you're selling one? 

Pistonheads is a better site to search because a lot of people don’t bother to list on Motor Trader for these type of enthusiast cars.

9 hours ago, spiller said:

Most of these cars are trading off market.

Correct.

9 hours ago, GT3LOUI said:

And yes, I’m selling my MK 1 but that means I’m also buying ... much to my wife’s, shall we say, “amazement”.  I tell her she knows who she married and she says yeah, but back then you only had one car.  Fair point.😇

Someone is having a look at it this morning.

8 hours ago, WGA said:

Pistonheads is a better site to search because a lot of people don’t bother to list on Motor Trader for these type of enthusiast cars.

Mate, who wants to look at a dirty rotten import?  They’re always a risk.  We all know that.  It’s received wisdom. 

Unless I’m selling one of course and then they’re a widely marketable “world car” so get in quick before some deep pocketed foreigner snaps it up after the latest big upswing on his crypto holding ...

Limited numbers, if any, in the public domain. Off market, word of mouth sales..... Its all pointing to the same thing. An ever increasing tightly held, treasured car, whose value is on the rise, year on year... Next thing you know, there'll be a news article of a 2 million dollar sale at sothebys... God help us... And That will be the guy who had a 996 gt3 poster on his childhood bedroom wall, and as you said, just made a fortune on bitcoin ad tesla... Heard what the price of Maloo, and w427 Holdens is lately??? 

12 hours ago, GT3LOUI said:

Heard what the price of Maloo, and w427 Holdens is lately??? 

Well you are probably referring to the recent Lloyds auction for w427s...I wouldn't pay any attention to those prices as everyone knows Lloyds cook the prices of their auctions. w427s aren't getting what they seem

25 minutes ago, spiller said:

20 years? 25 years?  I’ve nothing against Holden BTW.

Who knows...but Holden is pretty deeply engrained in a large section of Australian's culture and motorsport so I think it will remain a strong and emotive legacy for sometime. Hope I am wrong and that Holden fizzles away -- I might be able to pick up a cheap A9X or XU1 in a few years 😂