PFA Facelift!

Kerry

is there a reason the new formatting has shrunk the forum into the centre of the screen leaving two large blank areas either side?

Yes.

That is the format of the template that I've bought to use. I am making changes to the look (as I said in the first post) over the next few days but I am restricted by the availability of the boffin to help me, so it is happening in stages....

Not intending to sound like a prat, but you have to give me a bit of leeway here as I'm juggling a few different jobs and the "not for profit" one gets the back burner...

;)

Kerry

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to be critic. but maybe a big air cooled graphic fan instead of a 917. there's not many 917's in Australia. There is plenty of luftkuhlt fans though.

I have a graphic if you want it.......

sorry.

Cheers Wasser, yes I appreciate there ain't that many 917s, let alone 918s in Australia (of course I've got 2, but anyway...) but the thought was not to pick a car that only a portion of the membership had, but rather one that none of us had, but that was still an icon of the brand.

Kerry

I've got Mairead (the boffin) working with me at the moment through her lunchbreak, so there will be a few smaller changes happening, almost in front of your eyes, have patience my lovelies!

K

I hate to be critic. but maybe a big air cooled graphic fan instead of a 917. there's not many 917's in Australia. There is plenty of luftkuhlt fans though.

sorry.

Wasser can I get you to send me that graphic anyway as I might be able to use it in another part.  I'll send a PM with email address...

Cheers,

Kerry

Looks excellent Kez, love the 917. It's such an iconic statement of the Porsche brand.... I couldn't figure out what everyone was on about as I was just getting the normal layout and not seeing any changes. Had to delete all my temp history and cookies , log out and back in and presto! Looks magnificent!! Great job C

Thanks Chris, WHO DOESN'T LIKE A 917?!?!?! :blink: :blink: :blink::P 

(I am happy to take suggestions for other header images though, but I've got just a couple of other things to do before I get to those...)

I'm reticent to tell people to empty their caches as it will mean they will lose saved passwords etc, it should be simply a case of rebooting their browser app.

K

Can we get  the nav bar back on bottom of page ?

Porsche forum Australia>general chat>news   <<<this thing

and yes I know I can click back to top and go from there but old habits die hard  and I'm that lazy ;)

Another thing I have noticed(with old site) is when clicking links they open in same tab, rather than defaulting to opening in a new tab, meaning I am lead away from site. Most forums I use always open new tab. Just an idea

Love the new look. I mostly use a netbook or tablet so the new narrow format is making the text smaller, so it will be great if we can get it back to wide body soon lol

sorry.

My vote is to keep the 917- go to your garage to see an engine fan. :)

The 917 is for a bit of day dreamin' - unless someone on PFA has a little secret...

Archived