Chris Harris Drives The All-New Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS

3 hours ago, sleazius said:

The best video I've seen is Catchpole's one - admittedly haven't watched everything out there yet. Jorg rags it in his video too, Henry's face at the end of the run is funny as hell.

The best by far, the Chris Harris one didn't really give much info aside from the fact it can also go sideways.  This was excellent.

17 hours ago, WGA said:

The hot laps with Jorg Bergmeister are astounding.

I watched the CH vid, it was typical of him... predictably, Porsche out does themselves, he says so, says "what a thing" a few times and gets it sideways... 

Now watching the Bermeister peddle it was something else... that is the video to watch IMO! Thoroughly enjoyed. 

I have no experience with driving a GT3, and I've only seen videos of earlier models, yet just going by all the videos of Jorg driving it, the initial turn in and grip it looks to have is bonkers! 

I'll book a passenger seat ride if any of you SA residents are fortunate enough to get one...please! 

11 hours ago, sleazius said:

The best video I've seen is Catchpole's one - admittedly haven't watched everything out there yet. Jorg rags it in his video too, Henry's face at the end of the run is funny as hell.

Enjoyed that immensely.  Jorg seems to go even harder in that one.  I look forward to his Nordschleife record lap soon.  I watched Kevin Estre in the 991.2 MR over and over, gloriously on the ragged edge.  I’m tipping Jorg will go quicker and more aggressive than Kevin and comfortably eclipse his time.  

Ghe Catchpoles of the world can no doubt drive quickly but this just shows the quantum leap to pro driver talent from us mere mortals.  Love it…..

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

I have no experience with driving a GT3, and I've only seen videos of earlier models, yet just going by all the videos of Jorg driving it, the initial turn in and grip it looks to have is bonkers! 

I'll book a passenger seat ride if any of you SA residents are fortunate enough to get one...please! 

To me at least, the in-car clips with Jorg seem to have quite a bit of initial understeer - you can see him having to correct quite a lot on initial turn in, especially on the slower corners, most likely the result of the cooked rubber. 991 GT3's have a great front end, no doubt the 992 is a leap again. (Dare I say "double wishbone" and all that.........) 

8 hours ago, hugh said:

To me at least, the in-car clips with Jorg seem to have quite a bit of initial understeer - you can see him having to correct quite a lot on initial turn in, especially on the slower corners, most likely the result of the cooked rubber. 991 GT3's have a great front end, no doubt the 992 is a leap again. (Dare I say "double wishbone" and all that.........) 

Yeah I noticed that, quite a bit of push in some corners……. despite his twiddling of the dials 😀.  Mind you old mate Jorg is pedaling pretty damn hard.

Jorg at the Ring seems to be gunning for GT2RS lap time.  Sounds like a bit of headwind and the downforce are impacting the times.

Now show us the final time and in car please rather than just talking and surmising 🙏🏻

2 hours ago, DJM said:

Now show us the final time and in car please rather than just talking and surmising 🙏🏻

You don't want to read 100 pages of people going back and forth at Rennlist telling each other that they don't know shit because someone guessed a lap time at a track that doesn't even matter in the scheme of things?

Can't imagine why.... :Chuckle2:

I would have thought they'd get Estre to do the run, he seems like a serious loose unit (on the track).

3 minutes ago, sleazius said:

You don't want to read 100 pages of people going back and forth at Rennlist telling each other that they don't know shit because someone guessed a lap time at a track that doesn't even matter in the scheme of things?

Can't imagine why.... :Chuckle2:

I would have thought they'd get Estre to do the run, he seems like a serious loose unit (on the track).

That site completely does my head in...It's either chat about ADM or hypothesising lap times.

14 hours ago, hugh said:

Very noticeable in the videos! Randy Pobst had some very interesting insight into the setup approach at Porsche Motorsport in recent times, particularly with the latest generation RS products... he attributes the change in handling to Lars Kern's involvement in chassis tuning & aero, this may go a way to explain this characteristic.  

Skip to about 8:30 

4 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

It's either chat about ADM or hypothesising lap times.

Not to be forgotten, deviated stitching.....