Cleaned up a roo :( need a repairer

Hi everyone.

While out enjoying a lovely morning drive, a kangaroo decided to take a closer look at my beautiful car. And now it's not so beautiful. Tara and me are fine. Thankfully Tara was asleep so as far as she knows, the silly kangaroo ran away and should have been holding his mummy's hand to cross the road.

Anyway, I need to find a place to do the repairs. I have a regular guy that does a great job repairing my wife's car regularly but I'm wondering if somewhere like the Porsche repair centre on South Rd Moorabbin would be better for this car?

Simon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that Simon.

Glad to see you guys and the roo are ok.

If its an insurance claim try RJP, Charlie is good but you may wait a lond time for the job.

Good luck.  :(

Man that is bad luck. Good that you are both Ok though.

Looks to be relatively easy to put right though.

Guard, Light, Smile and paint.

*Kangaroo's tails are quite long and can damage every panel on the body with an accident like this........may have to paint the whole thing ;)

Ouch, glad to hear everyone's ok though...

Lou at Paint & Custom in Thornbury knows his stuff and is highly recommendable !!

Best of luck.. Hope it gets sorted out quickly and you're back on the road..

Did it happen at night?

Animals are in plague proportions on my drive home. Fur on the heat exchangers is very stinky!

In '89 I hit a big (BIG) red K in WA at 3 in the afternoon - in an HQ wagon though.

Glad you're OK , certainly better than the 'roo - and it will buff out fine. All the best.

Did it happen at night?

Animals are in plague proportions on my drive home. Fur on the heat exchangers is very stinky!

In '89 I hit a big (BIG) red K in WA at 3 in the afternoon - in an HQ wagon though.

Glad you're OK , certainly better than the 'roo - and it will buff out fine. All the best.

Growing up in Kyneton, my Mum drove over the top of an Echidna at 100km/hr. It passed straight under the centre of the car. Mum shrieked and I remember turning around to see it shoot out from under the car like it was shot from a cannon! All rolled up in a ball. Looked funny but obviously it wasn't given the poor little guy was just crossing the road. Looked for it but couldn't find it.

Hell, glad you guys are OK, scary things to run into !! Unfortunately that ain't going to polish out!! I've heard that Batista is brilliant........will be as good as new !!

well done keeping it on the road and keeping you both safe in what I'm sure could have been a much worse accident. Best of luck getting it back on the road soon.

Years ago a mate was having a drive of my Torana GTR. I saw a dead roo on the road thinking he would drive around it.

NO - drove straight over it, Sh_t what's that STINK ! Stopped the car and had a look.

Nothing worse than have dead Roo balls cooking on top of the exhaust !    :wacko:

Good your good.

Sh_t what's that STINK ! Stopped the car and had a look.

Nothing worse than have dead Roo balls cooking on top of the exhaust !    :wacko:

d.

Especially for the Roo!

I think they have very poor eyesight. I used to ride horses. One bright sunny day I was out riding this young horse I'd just had broken in. He all of a sudden jams on the anchors and stops still. I look to my right and a gang of maybe 20 Roos are all coming towards us probably 100m from us. My horse wouldn't budge, so I was just watching them hop towards us. They kept bouncing along until they were maybe 20m away when all of a sudden they see us and they jam on the anchors, eventually taking off in another direction. I could clearly see the Oh Sh!t Danger moment when they saw us.

Living in the country I've seen Kangaroos do all kinds of weird things and I've come to the conclusion they are really stupid!

I've hit one too, totally stuffed my car. Even put a severe crack in the chassis.

Here's hoping Simons damage isn't worse than it looks.

Archived