Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

57 minutes ago, t888 said:

Can I ask how much you paid? Planning to buy a 996 or 997 in the new year. 

I think  Two heads paid enough , thats rude , find one and ask the tyre kicking committee on this page ;) they will point you in a good direction , even if its towards , porsche addiction and bankruptcy and wil tell ya all thats to be revealed if they know it :)

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, symsy said:

Preliminary 2017 Annual Market  review - 

So knowing how much I am "NOT" a man for the numbers ...and stats ..   I reckon on my count back we might have bought and sold 50 cars at best between us and we have since PAGE 888 .. good number must be a magic car portal or something .... spent a lot of BS time poking at peoples adverts,   179 pages worth in fact...

As self appointed chief auditor of tyre kicking activities.. I must say I think thats a pretty crap showing, our ratio of comment to action gang is appalling ..

You might say we are full of hot air and Im hoping for a much increased level of wallet action in 2018 , or will it be watered down by more WC cars sales as the hot air bubble may have burst.?

Thanks for your attention  but I feel it totally necessary and  important that we keep the PFA pricing and wisdom committee who frequent this page,  on its toes for the coming year and lift our game , there are a shit load of people watching us a ratio of 3:1 lurker to commenter.

Bit of analysis.  Average of one a week.  Is that not generous?  Take out  CTS sales talk and what's the net number.  Me thinks next year, even further watered down by more WC car sales. Why: Bit of a concern when there is P talk even at the work "water cooler " at lunch time.

eg, Me,  Long time no see.      Work Colleague (WC):  Yeah ,  about 10 years.  Me: So how old are the kids now.  WC: 12,10, 7.  Me: Still building that property portfolio and close to retirement.  WC:  No. stopped 10 years ago when I started growing the family and just been keeping the wheels on - interest only and markets been flat.  Me: What are you driving these days?.  WC: With a bit of a wye smile, "911".  Me: What model? (super quick response).

WC: (Bit surprised) 996 with another wye smile.  Me:  What model 996, Carrera, C2, C4S , turbo.  WC (no wye smile, and more surprised).  Carrera and goes into Specs.  Me: So what did you pay, around 45k-50k?. WC (Bit surprised ) - nah, double digits, eg 33k (really big smile) .  Me: (Bit surprised), - Manual, or auto, black or silver, in good nick.  WC: Manual of coarse, yeah clean car, black.

WC: So what are you driving these days?.   Me:  911 (dead straight face).  WC (Very very Surprised), What Model?.  Me: I know your car pretty well.  996 as well. (straight face)   Colleague.  What model?.  Me: Turbo (Straight face, but wye smile on the inside) 

So WC proceeds to say, last month, looked at offloading the 996 for a 997.1 Carrera.  Me: What, price?  WC  Another set of double digits = $55k.  Me:  Auto, import   Colleague. Auto / OZ delivered  and in good nick.  Me:  Cheapest I have heard of starts with a 7 for an import.    Colleague:  Yes spewing, wasn't advertised, but owner decided not to sell.  Me: Got the number still? (semi joking)

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:19 PM, symsy said:

Preliminary 2017 Annual Market  review - 

So knowing how much I am "NOT" a man for the numbers ...and stats ..   I reckon on my count back we might have bought and sold 50 cars at best between us and we have since PAGE 888 .. good number must be a magic car portal or something .... spent a lot of BS time poking at peoples adverts,   179 pages worth in fact...

As self appointed chief auditor of tyre kicking activities.. I must say I think thats a pretty crap showing, our ratio of comment to action gang is appalling ..

You might say we are full of hot air and Im hoping for a much increased level of wallet action in 2018 , or will it be watered down by more WC cars sales as the hot air bubble may have burst.?

Thanks for your attention  but I feel it totally necessary and  important that we keep the PFA pricing and wisdom committee who frequent this page,  on its toes for the coming year and lift our game , there are a shit load of people watching us a ratio of 3:1 lurker to commenter.

Thanks for the rev up Chief.  New Years Resolution to get myself off the lurkers list.  Stats for me in 2017... 1 in (PFA member-to-member deal, this place rocks) and 1 out .  Unlikely to be any more serious action from my end for a couple of years - tyre kicking excepted of course (of which I am a committed participant).

1 hour ago, Damienb said:

Thanks for the rev up Chief.  New Years Resolution to get myself off the lurkers list.  Stats for me in 2017... 1 in (PFA member-to-member deal, this place rocks) and 1 out .  Unlikely to be any more serious action from my end for a couple of years - tyre kicking excepted of course (of which I am a committed participant).

Symsy's gonna love you mate:D

8 hours ago, Damienb said:

Welcome in from the lurkers corner these cars look much better out of the shadows ?

7 hours ago, Peter M said:

and obviously loving having them in their show room as none seem to be selling very quickly.....

At $500k for the 964 turbo... that scales the market down somewhat I reckon....   Maybe lindsay fox, thats 1, then there's.... 

2 hours ago, Spets87 said:

Nice cargraphics wheels.  Probably cheap for a manual, otherwise about right if u factor in IMS replacement.

3 hours ago, Spets87 said:

Very reasonable price I would've thought and looks to have some nice complimentary mods. I wouldn't touch the IMSB on a 99 manual with 150k.

Interestingly it appears the $80k low k's silver aero kitted mk1 has either sold or been taken off market...Disco Dave the owner was on the forum briefly, any updates Dave? 

Two interesting options for tyre kicking, same price ($129k), slightly different.

997.2 Carrera, only 46,000k's on the clock.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2008/SSE-AD-5128341/?Cr=1

997.2 Carrera 4, 62,000k's on the clock.  Has Sport and Sports+ mode but no centre chrono.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2010/SSE-AD-4430603/?Cr=5

Thoughts anyone?

5 hours ago, DT said:

Very reasonable price I would've thought and looks to have some nice complimentary mods. I wouldn't touch the IMSB on a 99 manual with 150k.

Is the rationale that it has done 150+ks, so it shouldn't fail? But then being a bearing, wouldn't it be more likely to fail with more use?

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Two interesting options for tyre kicking, same price ($129k), slightly different.

997.2 Carrera, only 46,000k's on the clock.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2008/SSE-AD-5128341/?Cr=1

997.2 Carrera 4, 62,000k's on the clock.  Has Sport and Sports+ mode but no centre chrono.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2010/SSE-AD-4430603/?Cr=5

Thoughts anyone?

I sold my 2009 997.2 C4S Cab (carrera white with black leather, pdk, chrono) with 49,000 on the clock 6 months ago for $130k, so I would have thought you could bag an S for that money

Of course you can

.... and also you proved you can

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2008/OAG-AD-15277679/?_ga=2.244100933.112410753.1512283701-1450130193.1512283701

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 997 Series II Auto MY09 Dealer Car - Used

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 997 Series II Auto MY0922
24 people recently viewed

2 hours ago, Spets87 said:

Is the rationale that it has done 150+ks, so it shouldn't fail? But then being a bearing, wouldn't it be more likely to fail with more use?

Early 996's have a dual row bearing which has a very low failure rate (approx 1%), and manuals appear least prone. Low k's often indicates a pampered engine which appear to be more prone. I listen to Baz from Hartech and Jake from FSI and have read them both say, in so many words, they would leave a dual row bearing alone on a well broken in car. I think the sentiment is that on cars such as these the bearing should last the life of the engine. And the more I read and the more I drive and look after my 996 the more confident I am that with the right maintenance these engines will go for high mileages (on a non-tracked car) without the need for a rebuild...and it appears they will maintain their hp throughout that lifespan.

Apologies for opening up the 996 IMSB Pandora's box on this thread.

10 hours ago, DT said:

Early 996's have a dual row bearing which has a very low failure rate (approx 1%), and manuals appear least prone. Low k's often indicates a pampered engine which appear to be more prone. I listen to Baz from Hartech and Jake from FSI and have read them both say, in so many words, they would leave a dual row bearing alone on a well broken in car. I think the sentiment is that on cars such as these the bearing should last the life of the engine. And the more I read and the more I drive and look after my 996 the more confident I am that with the right maintenance these engines will go for high mileages (on a non-tracked car) without the need for a rebuild...and it appears they will maintain their hp throughout that lifespan.

Apologies for opening up the 996 IMSB Pandora's box on this thread.

Thank you for that info!

1 minute ago, ScottyP said:

997S @ Lloyds. Opening bid price of $49,500.  AU car, full Porsche service history and just over 50,000 klms.  A bargain to be had perhaps? 

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?cid=8&smode=0&lid=1265678&pgn=2&pgs=100 

Was auctioned last auction they had finishing about a week back.. must not have reached reserve I guess

On 12/3/2017 at 11:01 AM, Spets87 said:

$31,500 now, surely the best (manual) bang for buck in the 911 world at the moment...?

....well it was 31,500 an hour or so ago...

Edited by DT
changes to details in ad links