Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

16 hours ago, James P said:

Both cars are still available he is just getting sick of tyre kickers & pulled the Ad's, the bronze Australian delivered Carrera that's completely restored is just beautiful & perfect. The white US converted Carrera will be a lovely driver with all that MFI goodness 

Do you have contact details @James P? Ad being pulled means I can’t get his number or email to contact. White one by all accounts sounds like a nice car.

Anyone managed to get a response from this "seller" or perhaps even know him?  I've sent two enquiries with no response . . . even tried sending a message to Carcierge who he seems to be using to manage the sale . ..  but again, no response.

Really strange how people put up an ad and then totally ignore messages from a genuine potential buyer!

39153583295_9d30ec62e3_b.jpg

41 minutes ago, npvpositive said:

Anyone managed to get a response from this "seller" or perhaps even know him?  I've sent two enquiries with no response . . . even tried sending a message to Carcierge who he seems to be using to manage the sale . ..  but again, no response.

Really strange how people put up an ad and then totally ignore messages from a genuine potential buyer!

39153583295_9d30ec62e3_b.jpg

Have you tried going in to Carsierge to find out the deal? I have a contact number for there if you need it.

I’ve had a similar experience with a car listed in WA .... no response from numerous Enquiries. Very frustrating. 

14 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Shaken Not Stirred ... Martini!! For you 924 rare car lovers, (says it's rare so must be) low ks? Crap int? Has a badge worth $2k (he says!) Any good??

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282832620674?ul_noapp=true

RARE-1977-PORSCHE-924-Martini-amp-Rossi-championship-edition-944-928-911coupe

Slightly moved on from factory spec but I watch with an invested interest.?

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Shaken Not Stirred ... Martini!! For you 924 rare car lovers, (says it's rare so must be) low ks? Crap int? Has a badge worth $2k (he says!) Any good??

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282832620674?ul_noapp=true

RARE-1977-PORSCHE-924-Martini-amp-Rossi-championship-edition-944-928-911coupe

I have a strong suspicion that this isn't actually a Martini model. From a book I have "A Martini special edition of the 924 was on sale in spring of 1977 celebrating two world champtionship crowns earned by Porsche the previous year. All 1000 cars were painted white, had attractive Martine stripes and deeper pile, scarlet carpets".

My NA 924 I had many years ago had the badge displayed in the photo and it was not a martini.. just a standard 924, suspect all 77 models were fitted with that badge. The decals are also not correct .. (nothing like the correct Martini decals), so if looking at this car proceed with caution.

23 hours ago, James P said:

Both cars are still available he is just getting sick of tyre kickers & pulled the Ad's, the bronze Australian delivered Carrera that's completely restored is just beautiful & perfect. The white US converted Carrera will be a lovely driver with all that MFI goodness 

Oh man, the bronze car is incredible ... 

23 hours ago, James P said:

Are there pics of the bronze car?

2 hours ago, bear924 said:

I have a strong suspicion that this isn't actually a Martini model. From a book I have "A Martini special edition of the 924 was on sale in spring of 1977 celebrating two world champtionship crowns earned by Porsche the previous year. All 1000 cars were painted white, had attractive Martine stripes and deeper pile, scarlet carpets".

My NA 924 I had many years ago had the badge displayed in the photo and it was not a martini.. just a standard 924, suspect all 77 models were fitted with that badge. The decals are also not correct .. (nothing like the correct Martini decals), so if looking at this car proceed with caution.

A quick VIN check with Porsche will reveal all ...

I also recall them having red carpet ...

29 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/SSE-AD-5231123/?Cr=35

Someone save this C3.0 ....assuming the price could be sorted...

Difficult car to value as its so far from original. The '89 930 with 993 t body kit sat at Bunnings for a fair while at $90k ish .. similar difficulty determining value on that one as well.

12 hours ago, bear924 said:

3000 cars were made all up and most of the package was cosmetic with the only performance enhancement were torsion bars front and rear. The carpet was scarlet with the seats being black with red inserts and blue pipeing.The one thing that does not add up with this car is the 5 speed manual as all were 4 speed.

16 hours ago, bear924 said:

I remember seeing one of these many years ago when I had a 924 and if I recall correctly the stripes were down the side only and certainly not as over the top those stickers are.

3 hours ago, Rod C said:

3000 cars were made all up and most of the package was cosmetic with the only performance enhancement were torsion bars front and rear. The carpet was scarlet with the seats being black with red inserts and blue pipeing.The one thing that does not add up with this car is the 5 speed manual as all were 4 speed.

38 minutes ago, 3legs said:

I remember seeing one of these many years ago when I had a 924 and if I recall correctly the stripes were down the side only and certainly not as over the top those stickers are.

Sounds like a Martini edition is a nothing-burger anyways - only claim to fame is some Martini stripes on the same form, a bronze plaque, 3000 of them and torsion bars. Nice to have a nice one for a toy if it landed in your garage for $10000 but no other real reason to chase one at excess $$$$$. Other nicer cars to spend your bucks on like a 944 or stretch to a 928.

4 hours ago, Rod C said:

Yep, the car on fleabay has wrong carpets, seat trimming, decals etc etc...

Here is a more original version for comparison:

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/17045/index.html

Black/black 996.2 Carrera 3.6 tip with body kit and aftermarket rims sitting on the street near my place with sign in the window 41k ONO.  Looks OK from a distance.  Posting photos here....arrrgh.