Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3.0 Motor & Sporto gearbox  

Ad says "reconditioned in 2005" from what I can see on the paperwork, looks like the gearbox was just fit to a second hand motor.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/engine-engine-parts-transmission/porsche-911-sc-3-0-engine-and-gearbox/1049801377

$15,800.

$_20.JPG

I would say passively looking - 996.2 I think remains the preference based on value and reviews rather than spending extra 50k to get a 2 year newer 997.1. I'm flat out and have no time to get out and see the cars so just tinkering and contacting via phone/email if something jumps out.

Love the atlas grey one in wa but not wheels, front and rear bar mods etc. prefer not black - no time to polish! Had planned to go to see the silver one at lorbek when I was in the city last week but ran out of time, there's another silver one in Melbourne (also on pcv site). I'll Probably just monitor the market for now and hope to see prices fall a little further then maybe jump in. Or by then have changed my mind.....,I wax and wane a bit.

Did a bmw track day last week and 235 km/h on main straight at PHillip island in an M3 & m235i got me keen again.

Possibly but I don't know exactly. Don't want to tarnish a car without the facts or on heresay but I wanted to alert the PFA community to the potential and to look carefully if considering that car. What do you know?

There was a couple of nice stock atlas grey 6.2's sold recently... All sold fast! It's a nice colour for sure. Have you enquiried about the silver one in Vic? It's the touring with CS recaros and techquip roll bar.

PS - ill be down in August

Thats what I'm talking about! Australian delivered, straight, respectable dealer. Youre halfway there without even looking at it. Hope it goes to a PFA'er whos in the market.

Hoping JustJames will let us know how quickly a sale goes down. Wouldn't be surprised if new owner is cruising in it by the weekend.