Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

A new way of selling - list at $149k and after several months on market, INCREASE the price by $5k. That should make the difference.......!!

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2006/AGC-AD-15975463

I was at one of the BMW dealers in Sydney some years ago and I had the salesman explain how the longer a used car sits the higher the price gets... Something alon the lines of recovering all associated costs, rent, financing expenses etc etc...

I think the site needs a merc-love page in the off-topic thread somehow :)

yeah I think so mate! Seems like there is some old school MB romantics here

I was at the local MB dealer on the weekend and after we got done talking new car, I got talking to the salesman about W124's... he got all nostalgic and told me how he used to sell those back in Dubai in the early 90's :D I've fond early 90's w124 memories too, travelling across bali and java in my uncles 300E 

Here's a cheap 3.0L SC 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161340973031?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Could make for a good hotrod 

Seems a tad high on his price considering the bog is all cracking and falling out, US import, no paperwork. Maybe a sub $5,000 car IMO, strip it for parts.

Here's a cheap 3.0L SC 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161340973031?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Could make for a good hotrod 

yeah nah there's so much bog (and probably rust) under that body, and it's a conversion car too.

LHD converted import

Bog cracks everywhere, and in all the classic rust spots,

no history at all,

No import paperwork (forget getting it registered outside of SA without it),

I'd call it a $10-$12k car.  

Seems a tad high on his price considering the bog is all cracking and falling out, US import, no paperwork. Maybe a sub $5,000 car IMO, strip it for parts.

Tell you what.. find me SC like that for $5000 and I will buy a few of them! 

yeah nah there's so much bog (and probably rust) under that body, and it's a conversion car too.

LHD converted import

Bog cracks everywhere, and in all the classic rust spots,

no history at all,

No import paperwork (forget getting it registered outside of SA without it),

I'd call it a $10-$12k car.  

Yeah that stuff is quite obvious.. if its a US import, they love the bondo and that is probably where it was repaired.

I think you're closer to the mark for the money. 

He says he's the third owner. All logs and service and repair history. Says 100% original condition.

Any thoughts?

I'd say he is not telling the truth. 100% original condition means at least original seats which clearly these are not. Nor is the steering wheel. Neither are the rear wheels and it looks like it has had a repaint. It's also missing the side repeater lights which is a question mark as it might be a converted US car.

Judging by the fade on the rear indicators, there has seen serious time in the sun.

All logs and service history is probably a folder with a coupe of receipts from super cheap auto for the floor mats.

He says he's the third owner. All logs and service and repair history. Says 100% original condition.

Any thoughts?

How did you get all of that out of his 4 words and gibberish symbols??

I must need to learn how to interpret alien..... :wacko:

I don't know all that much about the 911's, but I'm a little confused that some window trims are chrome, and some black.... should all be the same....

also, it has a turbo tea tray spoiler.... SC's, I'm sure, came with the whale tail spoiler.....

I'd say he is not telling the truth. 100% original condition means at least original seats which clearly these are not. Nor is the steering wheel. Neither are the rear wheels and it looks like it has had a repaint. It's also missing the side repeater lights which is a question mark as it might be a converted US car.

Judging by the fade on the rear indicators, there has seen serious time in the sun.

All logs and service history is probably a folder with a coupe of receipts from super cheap auto for the floor mats.

+1. Maybe he means that aside from the non original parts it's 100% original? Or maybe...................

+1. Maybe he means that aside from the non original parts it's 100% original? Or maybe...................

Or maybe he means that the 45 cars that were used to donate parts for this one were 100% original.... or maybe.............

Somehow, I don't think the owner of the car is a member on this forum... ie, he isn't an enthusiast. 

He might think it's all original but might not know squat about these cars in particular.

I'm sure someone on this forum, who lives in Perth, will check it out soon...