Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That was quick.. wonder how long it was on the market? 

I'm not sure how long it was on the market but it was priced sharply, Deposit has been taken and the current owner is sure that its a deal done. He has my number if it doesn't go through.

I have another one that I have been waiting to buy for at least 2 years now as I made an offer on it for when its ready, same spec and lower mileage with Blue Leather interior. I am sick of waiting and I really need one of these things now.

Can't quite stretch an RS/CS and to be honest, I'd be scared to drive it due to its value and the lack of points on my License.

I'm not sure how long it was on the market but it was priced sharply, Deposit has been taken and the current owner is sure that its a deal done. He has my number if it doesn't go through.

I have another one that I have been waiting to buy for at least 2 years now as I made an offer on it for when its ready, same spec and lower mileage with Blue Leather interior. I am sick of waiting and I really need one of these things now.

Can't quite stretch an RS/CS and to be honest, I'd be scared to drive it due to its value and the lack of points on my License.

You never know how these things pan out I guess? 

I have refrained from sending you a PM about your 912... the longer you don't buy a 993 the better for me! :lol: 

You never know how these things pan out I guess? 

I have refrained from sending you a PM about your 912... the longer you don't buy a 993 the better for me! :lol:

Well, the 912 Is on the Market as is my Beloved Carrera 3.0.

I have a chap interested in the 912 and he will be viewing it in the next week, I also have 2 other people that have expressed interest in it. If all 3 Don't pan out I'll be advertising it for fair market value.

I will probably sell the Carrera 3.0 once I have secured a 993.

Both Cars are marvellous however a change in personal circumstances has led me to consolidate my vehicles as I will not have the space or locations to store and work on cars anymore in the short to mid term.

I wont be giving them away though! It's like selling one of your legs

If I was in a position for the 912 I would definitely grab it. Just to tease me, how much were you looking for.

Just to see if you are paying attention, how much do you think its worth?

1966 Numbers Matching 5 Speed, 5 Gauge(green gauges) 912 sold new in Germany. Porsche Bodied (Not Karmann).

Mechanically it is now reliable and making all of the power it should.

Brakes have been rebuilt as has the interior with period correct Blaupunkt Frankfurt and Ipod/MP3 adaptor.

Paint is about 7/10, however is too good to paint and not bad enough to want to paint it.(IMHO)

Here's a Hint on the value.

Try and find another one in Australia like this for sale.

Its value would be about the same as a nice well sorted 911 SC.

But I know how much you paid for it :D, remember I linked the gumtree ad  ...so my unbiased opinion, you keep it as a super investment and i garage and look after it for you .

But for a well sorted SC, this is my current kidney seller http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1978/AGC-AD-14653827/?Cr=28&sdmvc=1

Yeah that red car at A.H is an awesome looking thing. I'm shocked they still have it. 

Edgy I'd reckon a Club/hill climb play 996 cup car would be ok to run. The problem I know I'd have would be I'd get sick of just doing track days and would want to go further with it but not have the money (or the skills lol) to really push. 

I guess you could think of it like a really expensive go kart. 

Yeah, you are dead right! ^^ A few club sprints a year, a few hill climbs and a couple of targa events would be the ultimate agenda.... Lord knows I can't support it :lol:

I was contemplating targa tassie in 2014... But aside from cost, I can't stand the thought of writing this car off! I'd be ropable!

Unless you are super wealthy (yes wealthy opposed to just being rich), Its stupid economics racing a GT3!

But I know how much you paid for it :D, remember I linked the gumtree ad  ...so my unbiased opinion, you keep it as a super investment and i garage and look after it for you .

But for a well sorted SC, this is my current kidney seller http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1978/AGC-AD-14653827/?Cr=28&sdmvc=1

Yeah I knew that would come up.

However, I've put over 100 hrs into it and a reasonable amount of money correcting alot of minor but important wrongs I found along the way.

It's registered as a LHD car in SA, so locals will know how good a car has to be to achieve this.

I'm not looking for 48k, thats for sure.

I was thinking lower than that!

Anyway, to get a similar car from the states it would cost the same as what I will get for this car.

I will miss it as it creates so much positive attention.

As far as I know you would be out of luck for Targa events with a cup car. You need at least race rally rego.

But..If you can get someone to sign off on race rally rego in a cup car hell road rego is only a few steps away  :P

If as I assume they are imported for race use without being Aus complied for road use (to keep costs down) they would never be road registerable. A Rally Permit is remotely possible.  But there is no next step from rally rego to road rego short of a dodgy VIN being added

In VIC anyway, a Rally Permit (commonly called rally rego) is technically a 12 month Unregistered Vehicles Permit.

If the car's spec can be made to meet a specific class for rallying and be Logbooked as such, and you have the appropriate Cams license (National Rally or International Rally)

Classic CTS price.

Wow..  

I must say tho, when I still had the SLK I dealt with them over trading the SLK for a 964 white manual coupe they had there. They offered me a full current market price for the trade in (which was more than I sold the car for) and the 964 was very reasonably priced given it was at a dealer like CTS.  They obviously had a good mark up on their car, but still, it was a good deal compared to anything else I tried at the time.  

Given I was another state away, I found CTS to be really good to deal with. They were professional and didn't hassle me at all when I declined the deal offered. 

I just wanted to say that as they do get a bit of a hard time over their car pricing on PFA (which is fair enough). 

Yeah that red car at A.H is an awesome looking thing. I'm shocked they still have it. 

Not any more we don't!

It sold and and it's  about to be on its way to Adelaide.

I'm told it's the third car in a row that we've sold for asking price.

Blinding flash of the obvious:  People will pay a good price for a good car.  And that red car is indeed a good car.  It's generally sound, and the guys in the workshop here went over it in detail to ensure that all the bushes, linkages etc. worked exactly as they should.

Not any more we don't!

It sold and and it's  about to be on its way to Adelaide.

Blinding flash of the obvious:  People will pay a good price for a good car.  And that red car is indeed a good car.  It's generally sound, and the guys in the workshop here went over it in detail to ensure that all the bushes, linkages etc. worked exactly as they should.

That is quite encouraging, this car is an investment prospect as its an early 1978 SC with the now desireable tartan trim option.

Lovely car.

Does give me some confidence that My Carrera 3.0 will sell as its in the same condition as this red car, with less km's and full driveline and suspension rebuild in the last 3 Years.

Although instead of selling my C3 I could just fit renn-aire to it? now thats an idea.

The burgundy one looked good until -

"There are some small spots of rust over the car in places. I am not an expert on body work, but it would seem that it is in the common places for an early 911. I have had a quote of about $15k to do the body top to tail, however you could spend more, and less depending on the end result you want."

The tip of the iceberg and the beginning of the slippery slope littered with crevasses? Me not brave enough.

I called Scott with the deposit for that car on monday and I was only a few hours late. If only we had closed the deal on Saturday! (We played phone tag on the weekend and I had deposit ready to go!) >:(

The search continues! Hoping he will call me as soon as the next possible match comes in!

Not any more we don't!

It sold and and it's about to be on its way to Adelaide.

Blinding flash of the obvious: People will pay a good price for a good car. And that red car is indeed a good car. It's generally sound, and the guys in the workshop here went over it in detail to ensure that all the bushes, linkages etc. worked exactly as they should.