Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

True, but being a market I watch, its not uncommon for GT3s to sit for 9 months, even if they are priced appropriately, aren't bent, good service history, yada yada yada. It really is a tiny pool of buyers, which is why the impatient sellers get so reamed by dealers on GT3s if they go to trade. Not uncommon for a $90k trade to pop back up as a $150k car. I know you get reamed on all trades, but GT3s just seem to result in a no lube baseball bat punish fest on trades because the dealer knows he could be stuck with it for months, regardless of price.

So the point is, you want to make your GT3 as saleable as possible if you want to sell it. There are always 20 for sale and probably only 10 possible buyers at any given time.

Thats not the case in WA. Here, if the car is at all well priced, it sells. Unless its got a story to tell. My personal experience is that GT3's, 2's and any other Rennsport Porsche is an easier sell than a standard 911. Thats why Ive bought most of mine in the east and brought them home, taking advantage of what used to be the much bigger eastern states market. There are a lot of 911's in WA now, so I doubt it would be as easy as it was but it was great fun while it lasted.

Backdate to me is a good option. You get the long bonnet style with extra power but minus the stupid price tag early cars are fetching. The only people who are likely to grill you and make you feel shite are the purist porsche snobs who are best avoided anyway. Everybody else is going to love it. Plus you can hotrod the hell out of them without dilemma!

Disappointing how almost every for sale car with the unfortunate luck to end up on this forum gets shredded.

Did the backdate car get shredded though? I think everyone agreed it was nice, just a bit overpriced. The backdate vs original debate is bigger than just one car, and goes forever - it will never be resolved.

The silver QLD backdate will sell, looks like a nice car. Not all backdated 911's are created equal though..................

Not many people have 70k to spend on an old car. The people who do will most likely want something special/different/cool and will be happy to pay for that uniqueness.

You only have to look at companies like Deus that take $500 bikes and sell them $15k - it's not an exercise based on rationality but rather individuality.

Then you have companies like Singer, try telling them that people aren't interested in bastard backdates - it's as much about people as it is about cars, that's the beauty of it!

Back on topic, I'd be surprised if the car sells for much less than the advertised price. It has appeal and there is a market prepared to pay for it.

Not many people have 70k to spend on an old car. The people who do will most likely want something special/different/cool and will be happy to pay for that uniqueness.

I agree with you there. Though if I had 70k for a backdate I'd be more leaning towards making my own. But there are those who wouldn't dream of diving into a project like that and would rather just get something cool. Not every Porsche buyer is a Porsche purist fan. Sometimes people just want to drive around a neat car for 12 months until they get bored and move onto something else.

True, but being a market I watch, its not uncommon for GT3s to sit for 9 months, even if they are priced appropriately, aren't bent, good service history, yada yada yada. It really is a tiny pool of buyers, which is why the impatient sellers get so reamed by dealers on GT3s if they go to trade. Not uncommon for a $90k trade to pop back up as a $150k car. I know you get reamed on all trades, but GT3s just seem to result in a no lube baseball bat punish fest on trades because the dealer knows he could be stuck with it for months, regardless of price.

So the point is, you want to make your GT3 as saleable as possible if you want to sell it. There are always 20 for sale and probably only 10 possible buyers at any given time.

My car Sam's (clutch-monkey) dad use to own it, was well advertised and nice photos (see below), still I think it took close to 2 years to sell? (Sam?) Nothing up with the car, good honest car, well optioned, well priced.

I just think that for the most part when a GT3 owner advertises their car for sale, it usually seems to be a passive advertising campaign rather than an active one. This can work in your favour as a buyer too as it did for me.. from the time I first saw the car to the time I purchased it 3 months....

6162569244_d4e8b00bde_b.jpg

more pics here: http://www.downshiftaus.com/2011/silver-bullet-gt3/

Wide bodied SC was covered a few pages back.

"What are the odds of it being an original wide body SC...buckleys?"

Only possibility of being original wide body SC is special wishes program. In RHD and delivered to aus, nearly impossible. Could be dealer fit, or could just be some bloke with a welder. As there is no supporting documentation mentioned, take your pick!

It does look the business though.

Anyone in SA know this car?

What are the odds of it being an original wide body SC...buckleys?

Saw this on CS a few days ago and though it would be a nice bit of kit, but don't recall the German import RHD details in the comments.

Don't be bashful run the numbers

Odder things have been found in less likely places

True Michel,

But more people than not have been more likely to tell people what they want to hear and want them to believe .....

( yeah, a bit cynical I know ..... but others would say true .... )

Wide bodied SC was covered a few pages back.

Must have missed it. Do you by chance remember when? I've since looked back ~30 pages and haven't found it yet.

Don't be bashful run the numbers

Odder things have been found in less likely places

yep, have asked for the VIN. I will then need the brains trust help in deciphering it :)

I've read a few comments about red 964's not being popular.

Is it red 964s, or just red in general?

I think red is a good colour for P-Cars.  Add black wheels for a more aggressive/track style look.  IMHO.

not sure what it is but I wouldnt buy a red 964 (or newer) 911

Impact bumper car on the other hand MUST be guards red

Sold - anyone here?

edit: in fact several C4s posted recently are now unavailable. At least a couple of red ones and a blue one

not sure what it is but I wouldnt buy a red 964 (or newer) 911

Impact bumper car on the other hand MUST be guards red

Sold - anyone here?

edit: in fact several C4s posted recently are now unavailable. At least a couple of red ones and a blue one

Gosh, barely a 964 coupe of any description left to be found, only that LHD jobby. Who would have forseen that the red-headed step-child of the 911 family would come to be so coveted?

Coming off that, why hasn't this sold yet? It seems to be the only thing left of the post impact bumper (air-cooled manual) coupes that's reasonably priced...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1995/SSE-AD-2921369/?Cr=15&sdmvc=1

cp5651066117249941478.jpg?height=700&asp