Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

This only got posted today but appears to be a bargain.

A few months too early for me but I would be all over it.

Aus Delivered 78 SC with top and bottom rebuild and same owner for 25 years.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/toora/cars-vans-utes/1978-porsche-911-coupe/1032170421

Gawd!  That won't last long!

Did I read correct............5000kms since the rebuild in 2000?

Thats what the ad says.

I got a good feeling off the ad, it seems it has a caring owner, all studs replaced, CIS fuel distributor replaced and a list of other parts that are expensive.

He states the paint is tired, so it may need a freshen up.

It does have the uber rare and expensive rear tail on it, which in itself is worth $3500.

If someone wants a good start, this car may well be it. Its in that archetype Impact Bumer colour 'Silber' as well.

If its identity and PPI checks out the money asked is spot on, in fact a touch under market. Add 10k for paint and you still get a car that is not into hurt money.

I will buy it if its still for sale when I am in Melbourne.

You can replace money, you can't replace opportunity.

Just spoke with the owners wife.. confirms it has been sold... someone got a good deal by the sounds of it !

Thats what the ad says.

I got a good feeling off the ad, it seems it has a caring owner, all studs replaced, CIS fuel distributor replaced and a list of other parts that are expensive.

He states the paint is tired, so it may need a freshen up.

It does have the uber rare and expensive rear tail on it, which in itself is worth $3500.

If someone wants a good start, this car may well be it. Its in that archetype Impact Bumer colour 'Silber' as well.

If its identity and PPI checks out the money asked is spot on, in fact a touch under market. Add 10k for paint and you still get a car that is not into hurt money.

I will buy it if its still for sale when I am in Melbourne.

You can replace money, you can't replace opportunity.

The ad now says sold. What was the asking price?

$27,500.

I'm so disappointed that I'm not ready to pull the pin (need to sell the current car first).

That was a bargain and agree with above sentiments, got a really great feeling from the ad.

Sales like that don't come up too often. 

I think for that price it was pay a deposit and do a PPI time.. and then negotiate

In that sort of situation where it's clearly evident that you are getting a bargain and there are going to be many prospective buyers snapping at the seller's heals, is it acceptable to the seller to leave a deposit based on a PPI?

Or would the seller generally be "take it or leave it"?

This might be a good buy for someone, 1972 model Targa, one year only Oil filler behind the RHS door, in a nice colour as well. I suspect its been converted to RHD as the headlights are US spec H2's with the sugar scoop bezels. They look Horrid and thats the first thing I'd change up to ROW H4's. This car, subject to inspection and identity check would be a good started long hood for someone. If it was a coupe I'd have my starting bid on there right now!

for this money i woudl be looking at a spanker 964 C2 manual....but then again not much detail on what work has been done but i would be expecting a rebuilt top and bottom end, clutch ect...looks clean however..

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/porsche-911-carrera-1985-16039460?R=16039460

Obviously a Minter. I would expect a big stack of Invoices to come with this car as well. Km's are high for the price point, but, that shouldn't detract any value should it be in superb condition.

I'd estimate that a minter C3.2 is in the range of 50-55k anything over that is "Want it" money.

Lovely looking car though!!

Is it just me but for that asking price I would want expect a lot more detail in the ad regarding history, mechanical work undertaken ect…”sunroof in excellent condition” just doesn’t cut it for me..

Its at Weltmeister so I can understand asking a premium but as much as it makes me feel warm and fuzzy thinking that valuea are on the rise, I don’t think that we are at the stage of asking $60k plus for a narrow body 3.2

In that sort of situation where it's clearly evident that you are getting a bargain and there are going to be many prospective buyers snapping at the seller's heals, is it acceptable to the seller to leave a deposit based on a PPI?

Or would the seller generally be "take it or leave it"?

I guess you won't know unless you asked, but I'd be prepared to leave a deposit based on the PPI - if anything not mentioned comes up in the PPI negotiate on the price, if not give him the money lol - and if it all turns bad swap the PPI report for your deposit

Is it just me but for that asking price I would want expect a lot more detail in the ad regarding history, mechanical work undertaken ect…”sunroof in excellent condition” just doesn’t cut it for me..

Its at Weltmeister so I can understand asking a premium but as much as it makes me feel warm and fuzzy thinking that valuea are on the rise, I don’t think that we are at the stage of asking $60k plus for a narrow body 3.2

I guess they are expecting anyone with genuine interest will come see it or call and find out the more pertinent points about the car.. looks like a nice car.. price is pretty high. They will obviously have a very generous amount of room to move on price since they would have bought it/traded pretty cheap.. wouldnt surprise me if they drop to mid 50's after talking to them.. but given its not private, probably not much lower than that. 

This might be a good buy for someone, 1972 model Targa, one year only Oil filler behind the RHS door, in a nice colour as well. I suspect its been converted to RHD as the headlights are US spec H2's with the sugar scoop bezels. They look Horrid and thats the first thing I'd change up to ROW H4's. This car, subject to inspection and identity check would be a good started long hood for someone. If it was a coupe I'd have my starting bid on there right now!

Agree on the conversion from US LHD sentiments and changing the horrid headlights. I like targas and I like yellow. I'll be watching this one. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=SSE-AD-2455162

hi guys, has this car been discussed? It just popped up on my Carsales alert but it's been listed for a while it seems...

UK 993 with personal mods....seems a bargain for a C2.  Has had a bit of reconditioning- RMS, clutch, shocks. I'm not sure what's normally required with these 993s.

cp5264780204567525864.jpg?height=700&asp