Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Hi all,

Long time stalker on this fantastic thread topic.

I know the k's are high, but judging how infrequent these things come on the market, does the collective here agree to 'get on' before she goes?

(Pending PPI results of course)

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-3127391/?Cr=8&sdmvc=1

Hi all,

I know the k's are high, but judging how infrequent these things come on the market, does the collective here agree to 'get on' before she goes?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-3127391/?Cr=8&sdmvc=1

Looks nice and original but the kms are high.    It's a desirable model though, so I think the seller has priced that in OK.

I would be looking for receipts for top-end work and get a leak down test done.

From the photos it presents very well - so I'd check it out if you're in the market.  You can always rebuild the engine/box if you need to.  You can't easily get a car back to that level of originality though - so you'd be better off with a high mileage example that might need oily bits, rather than a tired car with a fresh engine.

I wouldn't worry about the K's, in this months Pano

https://www.pca.org/panorama/edition/panorama-november-2014

"She drives it her way

A farmer's 430,000-mile 1984 Carrera
Dr. Julie Komarow drives her 911 to the hospital, races it, and uses it to pick up sacks of llama food"

That's miles not K's, this one is barely run in...... get a compression & Leak down and then enjoy it, at least
you wont be worried about driving it.

I'm sure some of our ACT (Michel) brethren will know the car & offer sound advice on it..

I too have no issues with the k's ......

There things are hard enough to find in any condition and this one looks nice ... it seems priced about right .....

If you are in the market to buy one .... you should have already called him .....

I am pretty sure Cairns Classic & Modern have a client with a daily driver '80s SC that has done something like 800 or 900,000kms!

That was one of the ones Fritz built. He only worked on days beginning with "T". The ones Hans built only go 150,000 . Except the ones he built on Mondays & Fridays. they only get to 100,000 as a rule 

Hi all,

Where are you getting the PPI done? Not many places in Canberra qualified to do it, chances are they've seen it before.

Where are you getting the PPI done? Not many places in Canberra qualified to do it, chances are they've seen it before.

Hi AC78,

That was going to be my next question of options to have this type of service undertaken.

I'm starting to think the same as Coastr, whereby as long as the body is good (which it appears to be in the photos) everything else can be repaired/replaced

Looks like a nice car.  I believe carsales requires the number plate to be displayed, not blacked out, to reduce possibility of fraud.  Interior shots could be improved by using flash or tripod with longer exposure.  Hard to see any detail with the shots provided.  Lose or crop the shot with your legs in it and re-do.

Get the aircon re-gassed - it's $150 and you can say "cold Aircon" and prove that it really works... it's summer, after all!

Good luck - I don't think you'll have much problem selling, except for distance to WA for the bulk of potential buyers.

My car is up.

I'll see how it goes...

Photos : too much background.  Crop out the background or move in closer when you take the shot.  Try not to get other cars (e.g. blue 3 series) in the background.  Shooting on green grass with contrasting red works well.  Include all sides/angles in your exterior photos (fl, fr, rr, rl)  Interior shots - do them outside, especially with a black interior.  Also include photo showing odometer.  Lose the one with the legs in it.  964s look good taken at a low level so get right down on the ground for your 'hero' shot to show up in the search results.

Still, at that price I think you could take it outside with a cheap camera on a foggy night and someone will buy it.  I think you're a whisker underpriced, personally.

(in my defence I just listed and sold a car in 3 days on Carsales, in a crowded market as well)