Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

And if you want a hot rod?

Too expensive .....

Whats this 996TT stuff?? 993??

Thanks Tit ....

With all those tears rolling down my face, I couldn't concentrate and obviously typed the wrong thing .....

BTW ..... being a 993 doesn't make it any better ....

As ya say, it's ambitiously priced, yet having Buik build it, and Edwardstown Crash paint it (theyre very experienced in all things Porsche. I got a quote from them for the 12  :blink: ) it would be a well built car

Agree ^^

Too expensive.

Yes, that's what I was saying, I just don't think its bad car because of it. It is always going to be hard to put a value on however.

I suppose I was getting carried away with the "original condition" anal argument...........Car would not be for me anyway.

The way I see it, they took a 930 worth (say) $60,000 and then spent over $70,000 giving a build cost of $130,000.    Or, buy a real 993 turbo for $130,000

Chris,

I too got carried away with the original condition arguement, but then again, I am a Porsche purist ......

At the end of the day, it's a frankenporsche and will always be one. It will never again be the 930 it deserves to be .....

Apart from perhaps being "ambitiously priced" I don't see what all the fuss is about... It looks like a lot of dollars tipped into that build!

Well, this is what i thought.  The car isn't my cup of tea, but it doesn't look like a dog with fleas... it looks like a lot of cash has been tipped in.

The thing is - outside of Porsche circles - this type of build is common - take some go-faster stuff, stick it in, update some body panels, give it a bright paint job and some flash seats - schweet.  If this was a skyline or 200sx board, and that was a r32 with a worked r33 engine and a r34 body kit, there'd by guys going 'wow'.  Or an EA falcon with a ZG (?) blown v8 and later model body panels, the ford guys would be all over it.  

So at least it's done properly, but yes, I would have preferred the original 930 underneath.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry over this one ...... I'm leaning towards crying!  :( 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1982/SSE-AD-3136522/?Cr=61&sdmvc=1

Don't believe the hype, personally believe this car is over priced, probably by about 40k. If it wasn't purple it would be worth more.

Impressive engine build - he managed to get 1.75hp from every kW (he says 260kW = 455hp) not the normal 1.34 that everyone else gets

Calculation error is the cheapest way to make more horsepower.......!!

The stock 993TT made ~408hp at the flywheel , no? Without being tuned to within an inch of its life.

I'd be cautious about the crankenporsche figures , pending careful clarification. Could make an expensive grenade, esp if used at the drags , which is where it probably belongs. 

If it turned up at a P club meeting I suspect everyone would be looking under their shoes...such being the love for creativity!

1976 2.7 in WA - $30k

$_20.JPG

Seems like a genuine RHD - whether oz del or not is not disclosed.  Seems original and correct to me - desirable colour combo too.  Has the right seats, right wheels, right engine etc.  Front air dam looks to be replaced with a 84+ version and maybe had SC flares welded on (1976 was narrow body?)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mundaring/cars-vans-utes/1976-porsche-911s/1063485284 

Owner says it's not been driven much so there are probably some issues to sort out.

Could be a good starting point for someone not afraid of getting their hands a bit dirty.

Am I missing something? Why was it so cheap?

I agree. Too high and it sits too long. Too low and it sells straight away. I would have tried $75k.

To the people who say that to have sold so quickly it must have been at the right price........ If i put my 993 on for $25,999, does that make it the right price?

Am I missing something? Why was it so cheap?

Without speaking too much on Clyde's behalf, I think it was really just to move it on quickly so he can finish another project. It's a good car that had not only been in Clyde's hands, but also another respected Typ 901 member before him. They both invested a lot of time (and no doubt a bit of money) improving it over the last couple of years. I think a few of us wished we could have jumped on it...

Front air dam looks to be replaced with a 84+ version and maybe had SC flares welded on

Having owned a 76, they were my first thoughts too - Carrera 3.0 or SC flares and a Carrera 3.2 front end

Also my window surrounds were polished (chrome?) - was black an option?

Errrm. What is this supposed to be?. An '88 Carrera that looks like it's been photoshopped from a website, and has a close resemblance to a 964?. http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=SSE-AD-3131315&utm_content=autoalert&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&silo=Stock&utm_campaign=bau&vertical=Car&sdmvc=1

1976 2.7 in WA - $30k

$_20.JPG

Seems like a genuine RHD - whether oz del or not is not disclosed.  Seems original and correct to me - desirable colour combo too.  Has the right seats, right wheels, right engine etc.  Front air dam looks to be replaced with a 84+ version and maybe had SC flares welded on (1976 was narrow body?)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mundaring/cars-vans-utes/1976-porsche-911s/1063485284 

Owner says it's not been driven much so there are probably some issues to sort out.

Could be a good starting point for someone not afraid of getting their hands a bit dirty.

Coastr,

Didn't the narrow body rear wheel flaring start in 74/75 for the wider 7inch rims and go all the way until 1989?

Also looking at the emissions sticker makes me think it's a converted US model.

I agree, still worth a close look if you're in the market!

Having owned a 76, they were my first thoughts too - Carrera 3.0 or SC flares and a Carrera 3.2 front end

Also my window surrounds were polished (chrome?) - was black an option?

Black trim was optional on the 911S I understand.

Errrm. What is this supposed to be?. An '88 Carrera that looks like it's been photoshopped from a website, and has a close resemblance to a 964?. http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=SSE-AD-3131315&utm_content=autoalert&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&silo=Stock&utm_campaign=bau&vertical=Car&sdmvc=1

Another forward date.. 964 RS clone by the looks of it. 

Again, it looks like some money was tipped into the build, its quite nice IMO and would be a blast to punish on the track.... but its a forward dated imported from UK car, so burn this one at the stake and send over its aussie delivered concourse sibling! :lol: 

Did anybody else notice the side indicators on the guards? .......... they were fitted from 1981 onwards ....

Also, the wipers are resting on the side for a LHD .....

And the questions continue .....

Did anybody else notice the side indicators on the guards? .......... they were fitted from 1981 onwards ....

Yup, something not right. There was no 's' for Australian delivery in 1976. It also shouldn't have the console around the shifter … or power assisted brakes. Back seats are wrong too, they should be pleated/stitched vertically not horizontally (both back and butt rest) … and the door inserts should be plain. (This is all from an Australian-delivered point-of-view.) And only because mine is a '76.

OMG … what have you people turned me into. I've become a card-carrying PORSCHE NERD!

None of this means anything important, but my guess is US import, or later car (update maybe)?

I have side indicators in 76/77

There's something wrong about the centre vent too (and that steering wheel looks out of place)

Without speaking too much on Clyde's behalf, I think it was really just to move it on quickly so he can finish another project. It's a good car that had not only been in Clyde's hands, but also another respected Typ 901 member before him. They both invested a lot of time (and no doubt a bit of money) improving it over the last couple of years. I think a few of us wished we could have jumped on it...

You can add me to that list too!

Another observation I'm not too sure about .....

The headlight washers and recessed foglights ....

Didn't the recessed washers come after the periscope ones? And they were pre '79 .......

Also the earlier foglights weren't recessed like these .....

Russ, according to my research, side indicators weren't fitted until 1981, so I don't know how/why your '76 has them ..... I'm happy to learn and be told otherwise if I have read the wrong info ....

So, the question is ....... is this car a '81- '83 SC? ...... it seems to have all the signs of it.....