Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

With a 2.7 , now there's a backdate for you

The car has a story to tell!

Stranger things have happened ......

Is there anything (apart from the emissions sticker) that tell you it's a 2.7? That sticker is half peeling off so there's nothing to say its original ....

There are also no other stickers at the entrance to the engine bay .....

Only the VIN will tell the story ....

Mine is a '76 Aussie delivered narrow body and doesn't have the side indicators. My fog lights are not recessed and I don't have headlight washers. As mentioned above it looks to be a converted US import but as Ronny said the VIN will tell us e everything. Geez, we really know how to pick apart a car!!

Mine is a '76 Aussie delivered narrow body and doesn't have the side indicators. My fog lights are not recessed and I don't have headlight washers. As mentioned above it looks to be a converted US import but as Ronny said the VIN will tell us e everything. Geez, we really know how to pick apart a car!!

Well...I wasn't trying to pick it apart!  

What does your steering wheel look like?  Or has it been swapped out from original?

I don't think it's a US import based on the front indicators and side indicators - neither were a US option and putting side indicators on a US car is not something most people would bother with.  There's also the H4 headlights - can't see the rear bumperettes.

LHD wiper parking - my understanding is that is easily changed just by reversing the wipers?

I didn't know an 'S' wasn't an Australian option.  The emissions sticker is interesting because it shows the CID on it.  But maybe the engine was imported but not the car.   Maybe it's a UK delivery that had a front end, so had the front replaced with an 84 valance..

Who knows - but it's a half decent looking 911 for 30k - I thought someone who is on a tight budget might be interested....given that there is no such thing as a 'cheap porsche', and will no doubt end up costing more...

Someone should just give the guy a call and find out!

Special sporto feature?

lol, nope, that's only lack of brake booster!

i've had a look at my indicators and they don't look aftermarket (i've also got an old photograph of the car when it was new amongst the service and it has them on it) 

I don't think there's any such thing as a definite when it comes to 911 model differences

lol, nope, that's only lack of brake booster!

i've had a look at my indicators and they don't look aftermarket (i've also got an old photograph of the car when it was new amongst the service and it has them on it)

I don't think there's any such thing as a definite when it comes to 911 model differences

Which is odd because the specs say that the side repeaters are post-1981. I get the whole thing about what's lying around, but surely it's a bit hard to pick up a part that's not coming out for four years!

Which is odd because the specs say that the side repeaters are post-1981. I get the whole thing about what's lying around, but surely it's a bit hard to pick up a part that's not coming out for four years!

Damn that's a good one ...... wish I had thought of that first .....

I've just spent some time looking at NA and Turbo 76 77 and 78 911's in Google image search, and it's very rare but some of them have side repeaters.

like this Carrera 3.0 once owned by Elton John, that has side repeaters - http://www.ferdinandmagazine.com/elton-john-porsche-911-ebay

it's weird and sort of surprising, but then again so is seeing a 1974 targa that has never been fitted with front seat belts (and doesn't even has the mounting points/captive nuts/holes or welded in plate - and it had the original factory panels in there)

924's started in 76 and had side repeaters, i'd be prepared to bet they're interchangeable with 911 ones

That's the one I mentioned in the Spotted thread!  Saw it on the road in Mordialloc on the weekend and it looked striking in that colour.  Can't speak for up close...

I've just spent some time looking at NA and Turbo 76 77 and 78 911's in Google image search, and it's very rare but some of them have side repeaters.

like this Carrera 3.0 once owned by Elton John, that has side repeaters - http://www.ferdinandmagazine.com/elton-john-porsche-911-ebay

it's weird and sort of surprising, but then again so is seeing a 1974 targa that has never been fitted with front seat belts (and doesn't even has the mounting points/captive nuts/holes or welded in plate - and it had the original factory panels in there)

924's started in 76 and had side repeaters, i'd be prepared to bet they're interchangeable with 911 ones

So Russ,

That puts your car into 1 of 2 categories .....

1. A super dooper rare "pre side repeater, side repeater" 911.

2. A 911 with an identity crisis

No matter what it turns out to be, I for one am really happy that it has you to love it unconditionally .....

(and being a Sporto, it really needs that) ......