Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Has anyone checked this sporto out, looks impressive and great provenance - http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1977/SSE-AD-3216813/?Cr=5

Lovely looking car.  Good copywriting (& images) makes the world of difference...  It's an expensive sporto....and I love it!

Funny...just this morning the wife goes "Did you ever think we'd have 2 Porsches in the driveway?"  I said "Yeah, but I didn't think 1 would be yours!"  She says "Maybe there'll be 3 one day...." Me, "Well a classic one would be good.." Her, "Can it be an Auto? I wanna be able to drive it!"

Hmmmmm.......

She don't did impact bumpers though...  

Silver sporto is bewt and if it grabs that sort of money a new high tide. trevmcrev, you never see em, when your driving em

that SC-993 Has been for sale almost since 2010...

He says he bought it in 2010 from Tas?

Paint musnt' be any good - all the photos are a mile away and in the shade.

just reading about the wheels The 'R' wheels for the cayman come from the Boxter Spyder with 1 nut adapters here is some pricing i found.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/porsche-gives-center-locking-wheels-to-the-masses-1893.html

They mention 3500 Euro each  :blink:  :blink:

I'll retract my typo comment! WOW!

Thats nuts for a set of wheels

I am looking at this car and have had discussions with the owner. Is it rude to discuss the condition of the car on this forum?

I'm asking as I'd like some advice.

Go for it Reggie.

Lots of advice available here!

1972 Porsche 911 Convertible

Fully restored (includes full engine, body, interior and soft-top).
Wide-bodied Porsche 911 (Turbo-Bodied Porsche).
Upgraded 3.6Lt Porsche engine (an extremely fast sports car).
4 new tyres (extra-wide sports tyres).
Porsches mag wheels.
Full leather interior in excellent condition.
Power windows.
Air conditioning.
Alarm system.
Updated CD player and sound system.

This is a dream car and a regretful sale. Garaged and covered and rarely driven anymore. Very rare model 1972 Porsche 911 Convertible in immaculate condition. $59,500 (serious buyers only).

Vehicle located near Byron Bay (Northern NSW).

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3212972?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&WT.seg_4=SearchAlert;PCAA

NOT MINE - But would agree it is a "very rare model".......

Alright then. The car has been hit, rather heavily on the driver's side. it was repaired, but admittedly, poorly and it slopes down more on that side. When it was repaired, the whole car was re-sprayed but not the original green. The engine has apparently been rebuilt but little or no receipts. the gearbox was not fully rebuilt but syncro done on the 2nd gear.

I have no issue with any other part of the car except the above mentioned.

Is this an issue?

I wonder if he would have been better putting it for a PPI himself and just emailing the results to anyone interested ....

Put the asking price up a bit (as it's quite cheaply priced) to offset the cost, and save a ton of time driving it all over town to different workshops for different people .....

Seems the only ones making anything out of this are the workshops charging $700 + for a PPI ....