Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That's $8-$10 grand worth of wheels on that bad boy, too.

I saw "590ft'lb of torque" and had to read it twice. That would be monstrous.

Anyone noticed the very successful green 77 3.0 tarmac rally car at Autohaus? I cant get the link to work, but someone else might put it up?

The advertised engine output would make it the strongest 3.4 twin plug on PMO's ever built. 410hp perhaps, even though its hundred more than the clever guys get, but the torque has to be a typo. 290lbft would be outstanding, not 590 as advertised.

Nice little car, and good buying if you can steer it well enough. Its had a good driver in the seat to now.

I saw "590ft'lb of torque" and had to read it twice. That would be monstrous.

very possible the 590 figure is what he saw, but not necessarily accurate.. some dyno's don't bother to calibrate the torque reading, i remember there is some witchcraft to it (so you will see a holden 5.0L owner claiming 200hp 400lbft torque lol)

but yes both hp and torque figures look.. optimistic

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/leederville/cars-vans-utes/1986-porsche-911-carrera-gold-manual-coupe/1069257070?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MF-automotive&mpch=ads

A true piece of motoring history, left hand drive, this 1986 911 has a wide body kit to replicate the SC, looks and sounds spectacular. This Porsche is well equipped with smooth manual transmission, powerful and reliable 3.2L motor, OMP steering wheel, full leather, alloy wheels, and presents in beautiful gold/bronze paint.

very possible the 590 figure is what he saw, but not necessarily accurate.. some dyno's don't bother to calibrate the torque reading, i remember there is some witchcraft to it (so you will see a holden 5.0L owner claiming 200hp 400lbft torque lol)

but yes both hp and torque figures look.. optimistic

Wonder if has had a hard life ? 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/leederville/cars-vans-utes/1986-porsche-911-carrera-gold-manual-coupe/1069257070?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MF-automotive&mpch=ads

A true piece of motoring history, left hand drive, this 1986 911 has a wide body kit to replicate the SC, looks and sounds spectacular. This Porsche is well equipped with smooth manual transmission, powerful and reliable 3.2L motor, OMP steering wheel, full leather, alloy wheels, and presents in beautiful gold/bronze paint.

That's a great looking hot rod, low Ks, obviously big money spent on it, and it's cheap! I wonder what the catch is...

Hard life or not its under offer .......

Good to see, as someone with a similar car, albeit in higher spec, that its sold. Be interesting to see in what spec it appears next, or whether its retired to a gentler life.

Appears that the experienced old 911 owners realise, usually after spending a lot of time and money going up the wrong road, that these high spec cars cost a fortune to build properly, and they are precious at any price within reason. Im not surprised its sold, as its a proven performer in good shape, available now. Hard to find. Mines still available if anyones looking.

I'm rating that, especially for the price.

I wish.

not me.

Tried to buy it, but he had made a time to show it to someone else first, and said I was second in line... first buy bought it. Probably someone on here.. which is why it's taken a WHOLE DAY before someone mentioned it  !

I offered listing price, bank transfer, no inspection, but still, he wouldn't budge.

Not sure about the history of the car.. he said it had a top end but didnt have receipts handy but thought he might have seen them when he bought it in 2008... I think he said the dealer he bought it from was, Theodossi?

Said he had a new clutch put in at Weltmeister and had all services done there... (all minor services). When I called Weltmeister, they said it had only had clutch slave and master cylinders replaced, but not the clutch itself. 

They also said it was due for a major service a while ago, but only got a minor.. and now it is REALLY due for a major. Front brakes need doing etc..

The sellers sounds like a reasonable guy.. the fact he honoured the appointment with the first fellow says loads.

I don't think he was a car person though.. 

He doesn't know how the car is lowered, but that it just is.. I suspect coilovers.. said the wheels were the same colour as the car with he bought it which is why he had them refurbed (better taste than prior owner!).

As for oil leaks and stuff.. he doesn't know.. 

Aircon doesnt work.. never has.. 

I dunno, i think the price was a fair price and not stupid like the other things we have seen listed. 

I'd still buy it sight unseen... that tan interior looks cool.

At 220,000kms, if it hasn't had a top end, it is definately going to need one. 

And I'm just itching to get my teeth stuck into one!

Not to mention, i was looking forward to having two blue 964s in the garage.. one for the girlfriend and one for me... (and I'd probably still not let her drive one)