Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Yes, agreed about the PPI as indispensable part of the process.  Been phoning a few PPI service providers as kindly suggested by the members here.  I quite like the sound of Spencer Harrison (HarrisonRRR), thanks Hugh, even though he seems to be the most expensive.  Very helpful.

I am a little taken aback by the embellishment of the claimed $14K re-build in the ad.  It means the engine is 205,000KM old and not 18,000KM old if a full rebuild actually took place.  A big difference when pricing it.  Thanks for pointing that out PeterM and Coastr.

Yes, agreed about the PPI as indispensable part of the process. Been phoning a few PPI service providers as kindly suggested by the members here. I quite like the sound of Spencer Harrison (HarrisonRRR), thanks Hugh, even though he seems to be the most expensive. Very helpful.

I am a little taken aback by the embellishment of the claimed $14K re-build in the ad. It means the engine is 205,000KM old and not 18,000KM old if a full rebuild actually took place. A big difference when pricing it. Thanks for pointing that out PeterM and Coastr.

No such thing as a $14000 993. Engine rebuild. Replace the 1 with a 2 at the start to begin with.

Yes, agreed about the PPI as indispensable part of the process.  Been phoning a few PPI service providers as kindly suggested by the members here.  I quite like the sound of Spencer Harrison (HarrisonRRR), thanks Hugh, even though he seems to be the most expensive.  Very helpful.

I am a little taken aback by the embellishment of the claimed $14K re-build in the ad.  It means the engine is 205,000KM old and not 18,000KM old if a full rebuild actually took place.  A big difference when pricing it.  Thanks for pointing that out PeterM and Coastr.

BBC,

I wouldn't panic about the engine just yet. Talking to whoever does your PPI after they have had a chance to look at the logbooks and invoices will give you an idea of when you are likely up for big money. If you are not using it as a daily driver and only traveling a few thousand km a year, it might be another decade or two before it is really worn out!

Also, these things are 20 years old now so there will be some risk associated with ownership, even after a good PPI and irrespective of the dealers reputation. But nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Good luck!

Peter

Not to me either :(

Hang in there, it took me nine months of hard looking and everyone keeps telling me how lucky I was to find a car so quickly! Don't be afraid to go and look at, and drive crap ones too. It makes it so much clearer when you do find a good car to have that comparison, it'll give you more confidence to move quickly.

Thats good advice SimonR. The more you look at the more you will get feel for what's normal wear & tear.

LOL … and what the absolutely horrifying things that people do. Why … oh why. I saw cars that you couldn't economically put right even if you got them for free.

It's gone 43k subject to PPI

rminc,

Suggest you leave your contact details with the seller just in case the current purchaser has issues with finance, getting his wife's permission or is scared off by the PPI etc.

Long shot I know but has happened before with a white 911 well known on these pages!