Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Might need to ask Porsche why it has a 930/20. I purchased as is and thought that was a bonus . If I get the time I might talk to Porsche Melbourne. These details some of you guys fuss about don't realy bother me . I spend as much of my spare time enjoying and driving my cars more than I do on Google or forums. (No offence to anyone here)

Might need to ask Porsche why it has a 930/20. I purchased as is and thought that was a bonus . If I get the time I might talk to Porsche Melbourne. These details some of you guys fuss about don't realy bother me . I spend as much of my spare time enjoying and driving my cars more than I do on Google or forums. (No offence to anyone here)

None taken.

I'd suggest you at least try and appreciate some valuable advice re: checking engine numbers, they can be pretty important pieces of information to people other than forum members - you may be surprised.

Project , originality is a big deal nowadays thus matching numbers would give you a better profit. 

What do you mean by sports exhaust? Muffler change  ? or has the catalytic converter been removed , SSIs?

We're glad you spend lots of time driving!

I don't have a smartphone,  so that frees up many hours for me and my steel horses  :)

Project , originality is a big deal nowadays thus matching numbers would give you a better profit. 

What do you mean by sports exhaust? Muffler change  ? or has the catalytic converter been removed , SSIs?

We're glad you spend lots of time driving!

I don't have a smartphone,  so that frees up many hours for me and my steel horses  :)

rubbish, you spend more time posting than the rest of us put together. PC plugged into the cigarette lighter???

Pulling a 928 apart is a big big job; putting it back together is even bigger.

If he pulled the engine , very likely it will be a non-runner :huh: , and for myriad other reasons (you do not want to try & rewire one trust me). And why would you rego it until it was finished?

Love the cement mixer in the background. 

Life has clearly got on top of him - and many here would empathise with that. Sometimes the car goes , sometimes the spouse/GF goes and sometimes both.

Does <100,000km and Guards Red warrant a $60k+ premium to other 930s on the market (or recently sold)?  And no photos to boot!

http://carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1982/SSE-AD-3289237/?Cr=7

Australian delivered and 100kms is the reason for the premium, but is still about 30k more than similar cars advertised, although they have all had more kms. Will be an interesting test of the market. Last one for sale at 118k only last a few days on carsales

Does <100,000km and Guards Red warrant a $60k+ premium to other 930s on the market (or recently sold)?  And no photos to boot!

Market is so hot you don't even need to bother taking pictures....bet the phone rang off the hook anyway.

The biggest problem I see with this car is not the price ....

It is the fact that it has so little k's .... 

After paying a premium you would be very reluctant to drive it for fear of crashing it, or worse, adding more k's.

Unfortunately I think this one might end up a garage queen, and yes, it will rise in value, but won't be used as intended ... :(

The biggest problem I see with this car is not the price ....

It is the fact that it has so little k's ....

After paying a premium you would be very reluctant to drive it for fear of crashing it, or worse, adding more k's.

Unfortunately I think this one might end up a garage queen, and yes, it will rise in value, but won't be used as intended ... :(

edited: I was looking at the wrong car.. see post below..

Referring to Red 997...

I don't know dreamr, if I didn't have that annoying little issue of what my customers would assume, I would buy this and drive it as a daily.

It's not really a premium price for what it is, I say.

My current daily has similar performance and mod cons, just in a more "business" (read: boring) outfit. It was worth more than this and had low kms when I bought it.

A hefty price. Good luck. Ride the wave if you can. Do we really think these things are worth this sort of money?

A short few months ago, quality 993tt's wouldn't fetch this sort of price.

What's changed?

World prices of 930s is what has changed.

Only 18 months ago there was a UK delivered RHD red one round the corner from me for $45k.  Despite deeply deeply wanting a turbo I decided that is was a risky financial move.