Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

is just me, or is that a really ugly car? sort of 'Sheikh chic'

I'm surprised by this, especially when I saw what they had it priced at. I struggle to understand what I'm missing especially when compared to the elegance of a 356 speedster - you could almost have one of them for that kind money!

Retro styling in a modern form.

For $379k there are a whole lot of other cars that I would happily have in my garage, including a 930 and a 928 lol

Might have been put off by the colour scheme (interior???)

you could have two of each for that price :) - perfect, one to 'appreciate' one to 'thrash'

funds permitting for all that goes with them, in a heartbeat

I hear you! I know enough fezza owners well to be very scared of the running and up keeping costs - even scarier knowing that they rarely get driven!

"never raced"

and yet thoughtfully provided with:

loads of extras and is ready for exhilarating sports driving or track days/club competition or Targa rallying...

2 sets of wheels and tyres2 x 6 point Race Harness & GT3 Track seats 

2 x Fire Extinguishers & mounts 
Full Roll Cage with CAMS compliance paper 
Sports and standard exhaust system mufflers 
Cup Car gear shifter & gear selection cables 
LED Gear shift light assembly on dash 
Cup Car brake discs and pads 
Single mass flywheel , with 993Turbo pressure & RS clutch plate (not puck) 

was all this standard option for a GT3, or is this guy having a lend?

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2811083&Cr=9

It been for sale for a while.

I think he is just waiting for you to make him an offer Adam!

Hmmm, maybe... but I do prefer the earlier ones....

I do rather like the green one I posted before, or this one, this has been for sale for a while too I think, but the price appears to have risen lately.....??

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1986/SSE-AD-2374692/?Cr=0

This one seems cheap, tho not sure why you would show an out of date rego sticker...

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-928-1981/AGC-AD-17419241/?Cr=2

Adam,

I don't mind the earlier ones too but I think it would be best to buy the best condition for the price irrespective of year.

The cheap dealer one looks a can of worms to me.

This one is still my pick: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1990/SSE-AD-3195943/?Cr=11

It been for sale for a while too and suggest the owner may be ready to talk turkey.

As for 928 prices firming, I haven't noticed and still think it's a buyers market despite Tazzie's superhuman efforts of promotion.

despite Tazzie's superhuman efforts of promotion.

I'm not promoting to buy ; as I said they are rubbish (if previous owners are tight arsed). Once fixed however burnout.gif

The one ex collection with expired rego - note missing airbox strap and missing ground post weather cover. That 11k car could be a 20k car even though it looks cosmetically excellent. How many heat cycles in that 220,000km? How much proper driving and how much beetling around the burbs and in and out of the garage?

If it is not cherished , you will (like TurboT),  have to empty the wallet. There are no bargain Porsches left.

"never raced"

and yet thoughtfully provided with:

loads of extras and is ready for exhilarating sports driving or track days/club competition or Targa rallying...

2 sets of wheels and tyres2 x 6 point Race Harness & GT3 Track seats 

2 x Fire Extinguishers & mounts 

Full Roll Cage with CAMS compliance paper 

Sports and standard exhaust system mufflers 

Cup Car gear shifter & gear selection cables 

LED Gear shift light assembly on dash 

Cup Car brake discs and pads 

Single mass flywheel , with 993Turbo pressure & RS clutch plate (not puck) 

was all this standard option for a GT3, or is this guy having a lend?

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2811083&Cr=9

and whats with the script writing on all four guards?

Tazzie,

How often for the timing belt and water pump and what's it cost?

Every 5-6 years or 60,000km. Parts up to 1K if you get rollers & tensioner bits as well as WP/belt; labour 5 hours at best , if bolts are seized , seals shot and tensioner needs service - modern Porsche service cost  :o Service book quotes 19 hours but this would be worst case scenario e.g. "teaching the apprentices whilst we work and conduct a Japanese tea ceremony just for fun"