Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Oooh I'm pretty sure this was for sale about erm 18months ago.

I was in love with it then and am now.  Ugh friggin wish I had a job NOW 

And look a photo I prepared earlier - ie last time it was for sale. Same car?????

Certainly looks the same.

I feel your pain, not on the job front but seeing many Porsche that I wish I could just go out and buy and not this waiting......

Yeh but not a big deal.  Obviously lives in a rural area, so hard to keep them clean.  If it's been maintained and a DD - then you'd have to 'assume' ( oooh there's that word)  that it's pretty good?  Anyhoo, I love it.. it has personality.. shame it's a bitumen color tho. But I could live with that as it's still COOL.

If memory serves me correct its a UK import. Dealer sold it last time and as I was so green to the air-cooled cars, that put me right off it. But it wouldn't now.

Certainly looks the same.

I feel your pain, not on the job front but seeing many Porsche that I wish I could just go out and buy and not this waiting......

Yeh and I bet I end up with a role that requires me having a daily driver - the interview I had yesterday will require a 50km return daily commute across town. That will complicate matters. 

Anyhoo - it is what it is eh! 

And watching the prices rise is just really frightening - especially when I KNOW if I didn't hesitate I could have had a SC Targa in the garage NOW.  Bummer eh!  Too much over thinking on my part.

Yeh but not a big deal.  Obviously lives in a rural area, so hard to keep them clean.  If it's been maintained and a DD - then you'd have to 'assume' ( oooh there's that word)  that it's pretty good?  Anyhoo, I love it.. it has personality.. shame it's a bitumen color tho. But I could live with that as it's still COOL.

If memory serves me correct its a UK import. Dealer sold it last time and as I was so green to the air-cooled cars, that put me right off it. But it wouldn't now.

It has km speedo, could be local or have been changed?

Or it's a different car. Bummer, should have saved the car's VIN in the image! DOH

If you look closely, the wipers on the top one are sitting on the opposite side to the photo on the bottom ....

Different car, me thinks .....

If you look closely, the wipers on the top one are sitting on the opposite side to the photo on the bottom ....

True!  Good detective work there Dreamr.  Anyhoo, I like these cars so much!

Ok to get back on track - 1998 996 $29500 with 150k on the clock - cheap Tip-Cab combo! :P

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-3303820/?Cr=0

And the cheapest SC - been for sale quite a while SC Targa in that gold color $27k - He sounds like he wants it gone - could get for a good price if you can tinker with it yourself?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1980/SSE-AD-2875923/?Cr=0

What have they done to the seats, glued a similar patch of leather/ette over tears or something?

cp5483246383177231118.jpg?height=700&asp

Ok to get back on track - 1998 996 $29500 with 150k on the clock - cheap Tip-Cab combo! :P

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-3303820/?Cr=0

And the cheapest SC - been for sale quite a while SC Targa in that gold color $27k - He sounds like he wants it gone - could get for a good price if you can tinker with it yourself?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1980/SSE-AD-2875923/?Cr=0

What have they done to the seats, glued a similar patch of leather/ette over tears or something?

cp5483246383177231118.jpg?height=700&asp

Not bad at all 

Wipers can be swapped (there are how-to's on how you do this, never figured out why) and original photo could have been flipped.

There just can't be too many of those with the same color, wheels and porsche script down the side.  I'd say it's the same car.  We're not talking a guards red SC with Fuchs here, it's pretty distinctive

I think this may be a UK car. Look at the service book and it mentions a service in Belfast.

Amanda - the 150k on the clock is 150k MILES, not km - NB the speedo goes to 175...

Been on the market for ages, looks like a lot of money has been spent on it. I'm guessing most people don't want a targa 'track car'.