Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

California car converted?Rear external brake light??

If you're talking about the red car in SA, it's not a US car unless someone went through and changed the front bumper, rear bumper pads, headlight surrounds,RHD conversion and then fitted an air pump bracket with no air pump.

It does have a mph speedo though so my guess is uk car.

Porsche values are directly correlated to the 'less is more' philosophy, base models being the most desirable as they provide the simplicity that characterise these cars.

The increase in early cars is another reflection of this with the early cars being the most 'raw' experience for the inclined purist.

I do feel for the buyers that go in to tick all the options for the 'status' of having the most expensively optioned Porsche only to find in time that they are less desirable in most cases than the base model (especially if they have one of those sticks to change gears!) 

OK.

So in the 60's and 70's options were and included in total; 1. a radio, 2. nothing else.

Tick all the options; "Raw experience"; a concept viewed from the increasing sterile and comfortable 2000teenies, which when viewed from the 60's and 70's was considered NORMAL,  HTFU Y-Gen.

#howmygonnalivewithoutsatnavandheatedseats

A 928 close to home.... looks very clean inside and out and a great colour. looks a little odd with standard rear bumper and an S4 front one though!http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1985/SSE-AD-3349587/?Cr=0

Agreed, looks weird with the S4 front on it. Wonder why they did that; give it a more modern look or because it hit a brick wall? Probably wouldn't be that expensive to return to stock but why bother when other good examples don't cost a fortune anyhow

Agreed, looks weird with the S4 front on it. Wonder why they did that; give it a more modern look or because it hit a brick wall? Probably wouldn't be that expensive to return to stock but why bother when other good examples don't cost a fortune anyhow

The lower front guard/ bumper is different on an S4, not sure if the new bumper fits over the guard or different guard altogether? Either way to paint/ fit/ etc there would be $$$ involved. There are a few early cars getting around with the full A4 treatment, not a fan of them.....

Not 100% sure but think that colour is a late model colour?? So a full respray and diff front, puzzling??

:unsure:

So a family friend has had an Aussie delivered 87 3.2L since I was at high school, so about 90 or 91. A well used and enjoyed car. Uncertain of kms, but it still presents well. On a number of occasions I had shown interest in buying it if they ever wanted to part with it. Well I just found out yesterday they sold it 6 months ago for $35K. I told them they were robbed, but apparently the gearbox needed attention (ie rebuild). Wow big deal, still the bargain of the year. 

So a family friend has had an Aussie delivered 87 3.2L since I was at high school, so about 90 or 91. A well used and enjoyed car. Uncertain of kms, but it still presents well. On a number of occasions I had shown interest in buying it if they ever wanted to part with it. Well I just found out yesterday they sold it 6 months ago for $35K. I told them they were robbed, but apparently the gearbox needed attention (ie rebuild). Wow big deal, still the bargain of the year.

"Family Friend" NOT!

So as promised also had a look at this , not one for the purists , but a good outlaw/hotrod

Pretty hard to fault but Im no 73/ 70's  expert…..

So what do the eagle eyes of looks think with regards a value.

It is as clean as the photos and has done only a couple hundred Kms since the motor was freshened

No history on mechanicals but the donor was Aussie.

The interior is a bit of a mixer but clean and complete , all the floorpans are original, no rust that I could see.

Fresh paint , which is good but if I had just painted it I would have been annoyed with some marks on the wings some bonnet oragnge peel , which maybe filler , couldnt tell in the nightime light.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3135336&Cr=0

Not having ever looked at a project I wonder what the components alone would cost..?

A bit more melbourne tyre kicking 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/SSE-AD-3337845

Ok car, some rust in rear window , cracks in rear boot lid corner , where paint meets black 

Im looking for a car but a little concerned at taking a car interstate with the RTA …had issues with another car not porsche and they were pedantic about little oil weeping etc as is the case with this car.

Its always a personal risk and not take this post too off track , what kind of budget and price tag would you put on a car like this with the question the cost to drop a motor, redo most gasket , rear engine oil seals , clutch, chain tensioners in mind..

For the victorians , if you have a workshop, didnt have to reregister as would have to , I would say this is an ok car.

Just a question of what they are worth.

Gotta be honest Im still a little suspicious of salty cars…. I wonder how long it takes for the UK acne/rust  to appear and how long they take for their hormones to come into balance in their new environment of Australia. :rolleyes:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/SSE-AD-3337845

Ok so theres my contribution to burning fossil fuels , well of the aviation type anyway.. Sydney here we come ..Outlaws and 930's are on the menu .. anyone got a complete interior for 930 couple …and im not joking  :(

$49k would have to be a new high for any 911 sc wouldn't it? The subtract the UK discount.

Not at all - several have been advertised and sold in the 49k range. There are a couple on carsales now. Last time I checked, 49k was the cheapest advertised price for any ac 911 coupe regardless of age or model.