Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2830465&Cr=4

Thoughts on this Targa for 100k? They didn't have those turbo tails, did they?

It's been for sale for a long time now and he alternates the price between $110 and $100k.  You will note that he doesn't keep his text up to date.

Or just buy this for $13K. Unless MrsMcRev beats you to it. ;) Would compliment her white Cayenne nicely!

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191574031267?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Mrs McRev can have it :)  I would choose my MINI over a very early 986 every time - just sayin!  It would compliment her Cayenne and be a good car for her for sure :)

So at that price for local cars , mid 40's -  87/88 imported coupes look cheap , we will be gettng two for the price of one at this rate …I wish the Aussie dollar would come back that strong

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-18%20at%209.00.2

The worlds gone mad.

Was there something particularly special about this car? Was it an extra low mileage minter or something?

My books tell me that the 75S is the least desirable air-cooled car of all time.

So at that price for local cars , mid 40's -  87/88 imported coupes look cheap , we will be gettng two for the price of one at this rate …I wish the Aussie dollar would come back that strong

Yep - I linked the imported SC above advertised at $35k. Is it half as a good as a local 75S?

My books tell me that the 75S is the least desirable air-cooled car of all time.

I think your books are out of date .... I don't think there are any undesireable air-cooled any more ....

It's now a case of get anything you can and who gives a crap if it's a 2.7 or an SC or a 3.2 ..... just get it.

I said least desirable, not undesirable. As in, every other aircooled model is more desirable.

Well, maybe not 914/4s (sorry mike!)

I would still happily own the yellow car, but the value equation seems off. Especially since the last car to go at a Shannon's auction was a later model and sold for $20k less

Remember those days when the standard advice was 'buy the newest one you can afford'.

Now it's just 'buy any coupe you can find'

I said least desirable, not undesirable. As in, every other aircooled model is more desirable.

I would still happily own the yellow car, but the value equation seems off. Especially since the last car to go at a Shannon's auction was a later model and sold for $20k less

Remember those days when the standard advice was 'buy the newest one you can afford'.

Sorry Coastr,

I wasn't having a go at what you said .... just poking fun at the way the market is behaving at the moment and the unbelievable things that are happening .....

In a market like this, Auction is the way to go.

In a hot housing market, you go to Auction.

With a car like yours, properly marketed as Shannon does, it could easy get a very top price.

I bet you'd be happy with the 72k the yellow 75 just got.  Who knows what a mint 3.2 might hit.

Mike I think $60K is too cheap to put on your car.  The slate grey tip on here was about $64K and was a HK car wasn't it?

I don't know, but I feel like you might be being a little harsh on your own cars minor body imperfections...likely no worse (and probably much better) than most other cars advertised.

Shoot for $70K

Trev

you might be right.. but until I have a serious buyer, there isn't much I can do. I've already had a few stupid offers and emails and texts already...

buy any coupe??? don't just buy ANY coupe... BUY MINE!!!!!

Trev

you might be right.. but until I have a serious buyer, there isn't much I can do. I've already had a few stupid offers and emails and texts already...

Mike hang in there. I had to put up with a lot of stupid offers when I Listed my 3.2. The right buyer eventually met my price and by the looks of what that 2.7 sold for has now made out like a bandit - and good luck to him cause he got a great car. Your car looks like great value and I'm sure others who are in the market will see that too.

Out of interest.

Is a '76 Carrera 3.0 5spd. coupe w/ sunroof, non a/c, matching numbers-UK delivered- Aus imported in about 1980 with full service history & same owner for the past 22 years but in need of a 30k body, paint, suspension restoration worth restoring or should it be parted out?

By worth I don't mean emotionally but rather financially.

Emotionally it's always worth doing.