Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Project car on PCNSW fire damaged 74 911, for those looking for a project.

http://www.pcnsw.com.au/PorscheClubs/pc_nsw/pc_main.nsf/web/5D7E396D9E0BACACC125729100273F02

anyone know this car?

this would cost a bunch of $$ to fix considering the extent of the fire damage.

and could you get it registered or is this just a parts car now ?

Could I just wrap it in silver, put my plates on and drive it to the shops...and the odd SMT?

As long as you're prepared to get beached on speedhumps.... 

I went to see this tonight.

Absolutely beautiful. Some mods which are not to my taste such as the carbon wrapped mirrors and air inlet and the stripes, but all easily changed.

$4K ECU upgrade.$14K roll cage by Mark Poole Adelaide.

It is a UK import, current owner 7 yrs.

Back up to $135K as I understand it.

Well that clears the air! 

Depends if it's on the WOVR or not

It can still be saved - it's just that metal is a bit 'different' after it's burnt

Just spoke to the owner. Not sure if he wants to sell or restore. Thinking of 15k but happy to take offers over that (not under).

I'm out as I'm not keen on silent auctions, oh and I'd presume no wovr due to age of vehicle

Would look good next to your silver one cal......you buying?

I'd love a good look at it.

Bit of a general question... 

What do we think a 90, C2, coupe, red, aus delivered, MANUAL, under 100kms is worth?

not immaculate, but about 7/10...

stock as a rock.. are they still popular?

Geeze Mike if you have a look at the UK market,and the states, I see a tipy there for 57000 US  with 40000 miles on it and in the UK A C2 with the same miles but a 4 speed  with 48000 Quid on it,So i rekon good buying would be around the 70 to 85 mark. But saying that with all the air cooled hype they could be dearer,I think that they are slowly working out that the 964 is a great car. <_<  

Bit of a general question... 

What do we think a 90, C2, coupe, red, aus delivered, MANUAL, under 100kms is worth?

not immaculate, but about 7/10...

stock as a rock.. are they still popular?

Mike criptically included the word 'Manual.' Does this mean he has found the source of rarely seen c2 manuals??

In answer to your question though Mike I would price a c2m at closer to $90k especially one with under a 100,000kms.

What's a 915 motor? I thought McRae cars were 2 litre 914 engines, but this one shows 1.5 litre.

this one has no books and paint is flawed... No big hits just some average paint work through its life from scrapes etc.... I might have to do it anyway... have confirmed service history with dealer but they cannot reprint ....

Sounds like you have yourself a barn find. Highlight the flaws, pick it up for a ridiculously low price and use your skill to bring it back to life. My 930 came with 15 years worth of reprints so must be a way of getting this. $90k I recon is a good quality car, not one that is faultless. If you can buy it well it's just nice to know you'll have a bit of room for fixing stuff. You looking at keeping this one, or moving it on like the last?

Because it's not a 1953.....it's a 1993, so can't be registered like the other of oneS.

I believe some which were registered have since had their reg cancelled.

Surely could register it like a hot rod. Maybe have to join one of their clubs?

Couple years ago I attempted to buy two chamonix built cars. 1 for a mate 1 for me. He bailed and I I thought I'd bring both in sell one and recoup some cost - no way. Parts car import only.

From when I was trying to figure how to salvage my ' investment' I was advised that ICV was my only means to register...the only issue were they were already built...

Quite a few replicas including 356 that have been from a Rego perspective masquerading as the real deal have subsequently been deregistered.

However there are a few road registered 550 and 904 replicas in Oz , but done along time ago before remaining loop holes closed out.

The HOTROD guys are a strong lobby group and were lucky to get govt to allow them to build replicas of pre 1950 built cars... Though there is a clear definition of what these are and PORSCHE ain't on the list.

I had a beer with a bloke named 'acmed the other week who worked with Graeme building these and his 356 replicas and also when he was into NASCAR in the states told me a few good stories and debunked some of the urban myth that surrounds Graeme McRae.