Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Tman.

Agree the car looks outstanding and a credit to the owner, even the leather looks good.

I just have a little trouble getting my head around the 8 year gap in the service logbook where only 6k are travelled. Not sure what impact this amount of sitting does to a 993, and what needs to be done to get it sorted.

Certainly an attractive car in great visual condition.

There are some great 993 C4 S cars on the market at the moment, but seemingly not many buyers prepared to pony +$100k. I love them but struggle to reconcile their value being on parity with RSR's low km 996tt and the couple of tidy GT3s at same money.

a friend's 964 sat for 5 years. we changed the the leads/distributor cap and flushed all fluids and away it went :)

at a 110k though.. i'd  take a 996 GT3 and keep my 30k of change ;)

Exactly the scenario I was in, went with the later! Love every minute of it.. 

Most the 996 GT3's advertised have been sitting for a while, I think the realistic number for a good 6 GT3 to change hands is right around 90k give or take.

But if family is a consideration look at 6 Turbo... there a fair few instances its painful to have a two seat only and I don't think I'll be doing as much track as I'd like to but that's life, wouldn't change a thing.

"engine features hydraulic lifters" errr, no what you meant to write is features hydraulic chain tensioners.

Haydraulic lifters only came in the 993 for the first time.

OK now I'll get my Anorak and leave.

This has been on the market for some time? It seems to tick a lot of boxes, later '02' model, 6sp man, black on black - anyone know anything?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-399116/

Wow, me likey.

40k and then spend the 4k on lowering and IMS kit.

This manual 993 for $64,000 seems to keenly priced too: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1995/SSE-AD-2550356/?Cr=16&sdmvc=1 

Can't say I particularly like the colour combination and that wing would have to go but does give me hope of future ownership of one!

Well this one seems a little confusing.

If it's a standard 993 then why does it have a full "S" body?

If it's a '95 them why does it have a Varioram engine?

It does have a trip computer which I have yet to see in a non-S car?

Could this be a legit "S" and the owner has things a little confused?

I doubt it, but the VIN would explain much!!!!!!

has anyone got any info on this one - believe it's in Coffs Harbour - NSW

Just dropped 5K on the price yesterday. Also has changed description to Aus Delivered.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1980/SSE-AD-2419103/?Cr=16&sdmvc=1

Egads, the crappy photography does no favours. Photographed from 10 feet away, finger over the lens, only snippets of the interior.

If you're trying to sell a 60k classic car, at least put the mobile phone away and find someone with a decent camera who knows how to use it.

A bottle of Moët thrown in? That's a new one.

Well this one seems a little confusing.If it's a standard 993 then why does it have a full "S" body?If it's a '95 them why does it have a Varioram engine?It does have a trip computer which I have yet to see in a non-S car?Could this be a legit "S" and the owner has things a little confused?I doubt it, but the VIN would explain much!!!!!!

Can you get a 'factory turbo body' in a 993? Porsche would never fit a 'turbo' badge to a non-turbo car, and I question the judgement of anyone who does, though different strokes for different folks and all that.

Can you get a 'factory turbo body' in a 993? Porsche would never fit a 'turbo' badge to a non-turbo car, and I question the judgement of anyone who does, though different strokes for different folks and all that.

Looking at the photos again, this IS a '96 and most likely a "S", which is a Turbo body.

May even be an import. but at that price......still not too bad at all.

Someone that is interested should inquire ASAP.

This has been on the market for some time? It seems to tick a lot of boxes, later '02' model, 6sp man, black on black - anyone know anything?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-399116/

That car has been for sale for about 18 months....and dropped 10-15k.  I remember seeing it when I bought mine.  It was a lot higher in kms and I didn't really want black and couldn't be bothered going to WA!  It is a bloody bargain now unless something is fishy with it.  It would have to be by far the cheapest 996.2 manual coupe.

Looking at the photos again, this IS a '96 and most likely a "S", which is a Turbo body.May even be an import. but at that price......still not too bad at all.Someone that is interested should inquire ASAP.

Anyone else spot the engine code on the id plate? It says 993RS!

Someone's going to buy an interesting car perhaps?

It's not an Aussie car, so what is it's background? Hong Kong perhaps withy that interior.

If you pulled the wing off it, you might have the holy grail, a Carrera S with an RS engine

On further reading, it seems that you could order a 993 of any variation with a 3.8RS engine, but not in Australia.

That car in question has a 3.8 litre RS motor. Those motors are just lovely things. Balanced, blueprinted, sweet things.

It really would be a nice rare car to have.

I wonder if the gearbox is to RS spec?

If so, it would just get better and better.

That car has been for sale for about 18 months....and dropped 10-15k.  I remember seeing it when I bought mine.  It was a lot higher in kms and I didn't really want black and couldn't be bothered going to WA!  It is a bloody bargain now unless something is fishy with it.  It would have to be by far the cheapest 996.2 manual coupe.

I might be able to help anyone from PFA who's interested. Just PM me in need.

Anyone else spot the engine code on the id plate? It says 993RS!

Someone's going to buy an interesting car perhaps?

It's not an Aussie car, so what is it's background? Hong Kong perhaps withy that interior.

If you pulled the wing off it, you might have the holy grail, a Carrera S with an RS engine

On further reading, it seems that you could order a 993 of any variation with a 3.8RS engine, but not in Australia.

That car in question has a 3.8 litre RS motor. Those motors are just lovely things. Balanced, blueprinted, sweet things.

It really would be a nice rare car to have.

I wonder if the gearbox is to RS spec?

If so, it would just get better and better.

Simon, you are talking about what I believe is the ever elusive and exclusive "X51" option.

Very rare indeed, however if you are referring to the yellow label then you may find it is a generic sticker for all '96 models.

Don't think so, but if it was it would be a cracker of a car!!!

No Theo, it's definitely the elusive RS motor in the old 993 trick.

If you look at Paul Freres book, and then at good old Wikipedia, you will find as I did to my great surprise that you could order an RS motor in a 993.

I don't think that's the same as the X51 option, but can't be sure as I can't find any sort of crosscheck.

What I can be sure of is that it's the only time I've seen that option, and I've looked at many 993's over the years.

The X51 option would be on the option paper sticker under the front lid, whereas this one is in the ID plate.

It's rare, and that makes me twitchy.

I've got to be careful here, because Wasserkuhl will dip me in it, as he knows I don't usually get interested in imports.

Someone who's after a 993 should give this car a very close look, quickly.

The way the dollars going it's likely to end up overseas again if the dealers get on to it.

Still reading.

Now onto Streathers books and the Rennlist.

Turns out there was a 3.6 litre RS engine you could order with a 993 at least in Europe.

Didn't have the extra 200cc of the RS engine, nor the cams.

But it did have the same crank etc.

It would seem to have cost in the order of 18,000 euros which is why not many people ordered it.

At the time it only cost 30,000 euros more for the whole RS.

I wonder if we'll see the 997 fall to such low prices as time goes by?  I wonder if the fried egg headlights are pushing the 996 down in price due to their non-iconic front end shape.  Sorry to those that own the 996, I'm not putting your cars down (as I'd happily pick one up in Cabriolet form)  I'm just verbalising a thought I've had for some time. 

The 911 is all about being an iconic form, that changed very little till the 996 was born, then they picked up the iconic 911 shape in the 997 again by going back to the round headlights (as we all know). I for one prefer the 997 look too.. it just looks 911!