Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Had a chat with a bloke today, and he has a 74 'wide bodied' car that should be up for sale soon.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was bought last year from W.A as a fixer upper with massive wheels on it. Looked like a beast of a hot rod thing that needed paint and some TLC.

It's a Jap rhd import with a 3.0 fitted, yet thats about the only info I have at the moment, and he'll be chasing around $50k for it

It's going for rego inspection soon, 

Anyway, I have first refusal on it

lee that the red one that popped up twice same owner in WA before selling?

IF it is , I looked at this one with a mate who is in WA and had eyes on it. If it's the same one and is originally Mexico Blue (great colour),  unless the fat pizza boys have really sorted the issues (it's a rust monster) i'd use your first right of refusal. 

Yep, was Mexico Blue originally. 

He told me it had some rust issues repaired, yet probably just a quick fix with a street sign and silicone gap filler would be my guess if he's a flipper. He was very keen to do a swap for my car, even with the engine needing a rebuild! As I mentioned, I won't be doing that

He apparently did an over the phone handshake on the slate grey 912 that was sold recently, then ofcourse the price went up so he bailed on it on behalf of 'his friend'.

Sounds very fishy to me

cd4824331819688294518.jpg?height=700&asp

cd5608705629868693976.jpg?height=700&asp

And while you're interested in red 944s, here's a 952 setting the price pace...

Looks like a gorgeous example, has all the desirables including M030, LSD, would love to see them get the price...

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-5460243?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&WT.seg_4=SearchAlert;PCAA

Let's hope this sells for the asking price, let the 944 games begin :) (First the turbos then a knock on effect to the S2)

When "book building" POA is actually more efficient as one may continue to quote $5k higher each phone call.

All the more reason to drop in (Armani clad , no dreads/flanelette) , enjoy the free coffee and fawning attention for 1/2 hour, then pick a few minor faults and depart.

Take 1K off for each hub crest not aligned with the valve stem.

man, that shop might have some nice inventory, but they sure charge a premium....

i went there yesterday, and they want near 80k for that targa, and, it's not even that good. 

Every one of there cars is at least 20% on top of what their worth, and , they won't budge on price

the also had a left hand drive 930 there they claim is worth 200k

rubbish ...... 

This is the car I mentioned earlier.

Will be having a look during the week. He says it has 'a few oil leaks' that will be attended to this week. Sounds interesting! The wheels are old Simmons, and its had some rust repairs here n there, including a patched floor by prior owner. Goong for rego inspection within 2 weeks he says. 

Theres also his mate that has a converted black wide bodied car which will also be for sale soon, so ill be able to see that too. Both are around $50k

IMG_0555.jpg

Will be having a look during the week. He says it has 'a few oil leaks' that will be attended to this week. Sounds interesting! The wheels are old Simmons, and its had some rust repairs here n there, including a patched floor by prior owner. Goong for rego inspection within 2 weeks he says. 

Theres also his mate that has a converted black wide bodied car which will also be for sale soon, so ill be able to see that too. Both are around $50k

IMG_0555.jpg

not the one I was thinking off. 

Well if I didn't already have a look-at-me green Porsche , and a 928S...

I doubt that's the original colour! And I don't think that's adventurine green.

However , it looks like a nicely sorted car and if you wanted to stand out , here's a chance.

Well if I didn't already have a look-at-me green Porsche , and a 928S...

I doubt that's the original colour! And I don't think that's adventurine green.

However , it looks like a nicely sorted car and if you wanted to stand out , here's a chance.

I thought it would match Le Frog nicely, another couple of cars can't hurt ;)

nice looking car, though not sure about the S4 wing or black wheels....

Edited by ANF

IMG_0555.jpg

Keen on that red beauty