Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Did anyone put there hand up for the 1985 Wide body Aust Delivered Cab for sub $50k 

Sold at lightning speed and the owner of took the ad down immediately 

Guessing Duttons or CTS

Navy blue with approx 168000k

I didn't even see it.

blink and you miss 'em these days

The silver SC in now $65K   not a bad improvement from $39K yesterday 

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 8.53.43 am.jpg

Now he's saying it's a German car delivered to Cologne and imported / converted to RHD ... not a US car as he told me on the phone.

So the new story has a new price it seems.

Buyer beware ...

Now he's saying it's a German car delivered to Cologne and imported / converted to RHD ... not a US car as he told me on the phone.

So the new story has a new price it seems.

Buyer beware ...

I did say it wasn't a US car! Either an original Euro / ROW or someone spent a lot of time and money removing all the US pieces.  Occam's razor says original European car, and someone probably told him that after looking up the VIN.

Haven't seen this one online anywhere, so maybe others might be interested.  Perfect hotrod base or drive as-is

EDB939B5-38DA-4058-A382-69D6ECE674D6_zps

600A7391-0163-4F0B-AC32-D4606D7F3A25_zps

Has what looks like grey 993 interior.  Car seems tidy.  I don't know the owner.

Not sure if we're supposed to do this type of posting?  If not I'll take it down.

Is there really any point anymore to posting these aircooled cars when they are all sold in 60 seconds?  It's not like it's helping anyone actually buy a car!

So just to break things up a bit here's a ....:ph34r:....watercooled car!  It's a widebody S car, it's a manual coupe, it's good value in my opinion, and is probably still for sale by the time i've finished typing this post! ;)  Heck, you might even be able to negotiate the price....wait for it....downwards!:blink:  Fancy that!  

With 996 GT2&3 all being snapped up, Turbos climbing, surely C2 and 4S eventually will too.  The IMS preventative for a few grand is still way cheaper than the multitude of things you can pour cash into on an older car...eg. Broken head $tuds, Ru$t, Oil leak$....

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2003/SSE-AD-3568233/?Cr=60

cp5279834843157039095.jpg?height=700&asp

And for those that don't mind a Cabriolet - $32k with just 118k on the clock but it is a Tip tho.  http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1999/OAG-AD-2699114/?Cr=1

I think they might have sold it about 4-5 months back.  whats the rego?

they had another black UK 930 they sold a few months back but had a lot less kms I thought. Maybe wrong. 

Why not I wonder? Thats just dodgy

I had heard they don't let autohaus do ppi's because they find too many faults :)

Thats fair enough, yet if I wanted someone 'I' trust to do a PPi, I would want them to do it and not who the seller recommends

My thoughts exactly ..... a PPI is supposed to be unbiased, not who the seller recommends / works with ( not implying they work with either of them )

THIS has been for sale for well over a year. Its a great looking car...  why still on the market?  Too much $$$  Its auto?  Or needs a hard roof on it? 

I think its a great looking machine  http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-968-1992/SSE-AD-156914/?Cr=3

10187362.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithin

Edited by amanda

I wandered around Duttons again today.

That Murano green 964 that was for sale in the last couple of weeks for $140k is there.

No prices on anything. That annoys me no end. Sure, they'll tell you if you ask, but you shouldn't have to.

Any advertisement for a used car by a licenced motor car traders must display a single price for the vehicle. Also, the used motor car price and data sheet (Form 5) must show the price also. I think Duttons are contravening the Motor Car Traders Regulations 2008.

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/businesses/licensed-businesses/motor-car-traders/running-your-business/obligations-all-car-sales#advertising-requirements

Dob them in Gut.. that pees me off!  And its disingenuous.   Is that the right word??  hmm

AND RSR Garage is going off - 3 1980s carreras gone up today.  All have a bit or all of the roof removable and all at 80k or above. The world has gone mad.

Can dealers like RSR actually inflate the price of these cars? I think so, watch the other sellers follow.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/OAG-AD-5058903/?Cr=7