Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The 69 is a LWB - first year of them. A cursory glance of the limited paperwork with the car has a report from a Porsche shop which mentions rust and mechanical issues.

I would suggest a PPI as it has a nice shiny coat. Did look pretty original and straight though.

Rob

yep, my 69 is a LWB as well.

maybe next year. Mines a 1990 with black interior. From a post on another thread I recon this is reggigums. Looks very like the one that sold 4-5 months back in Melbourne that sat for a while until the owner fixed some stuff and put it back on the market. Had the same tan/red colour combo. 

That said, 'common red' so could be different ;)

price is pretty much what I'd be asking for mine though. Let's hope he gets noticed among the sea of red and cabs!

Most definitely the same car, I've got the ad saved from last sale which I used for insurance values. 

Edited by poli84

I thought insurance values go by actual amounts exchanged; real life scenarios? That's what real estate dealers use also.

Of course and I never had to present the ads I had been saving when it came to negotiating values but they were a start if ever required. 

Out of the 2 which one do you think is better in value the 69T or 71T if the body & mechanicals are all ok on both?

1969 911T is a 2.0 litre carburetted 110hp long wheel base.

1971 911T is a 2.2 litre carburetted 135hp long wheel base.

Cosmetically some minor changes with grills etc but overall panels / guards / interior etc the same car to look at.

1971 was first year standard vented discs.

Both are bottom of the range and arguably least desirable 911's for those years and in a LHD version would even further decrease it's desirability and possibly value in this country.

As your asking an opinion - if I had to pick one, and assuming they were identical in overall condition it would be the 71.

Christmas shopping should have started but there is no Porsche stock on the shelves .. where are they ? 

And dont say Duttons and CTS or Autohaus .. Im not talking about a shopping trip to Rodeo drive..my credit seems to run an hide when im in those stores;)  

Christmas shopping should have started but there is no Porsche stock on the shelves .. where are they ? 

And dont say Duttons and CTS or Autohaus .. Im not talking about a shopping trip to Rodeo drive..my credit seems to run an hide when im in those stores;)  

I have a Suzuki swift for sale if you're looking for something outa this world.

Not a Porsche,  but an absolute sleeper. Good luck dragging this off at the lights in anything older than "modern".

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kingsgrove/cars-vans-utes/1969-mercedes-benz-300sel-w109-burgundy-4-speed-automatic-sedan/1095009048

_20.jpg

http://www.autozine.org/Archive/Mercedes/classic/300SEL63.html

300SEL 6.3 is regarded as the first so-called "Q-car", i.e. wolf in sheep's clothing high-performance sedan. Externally, it is nearly indistinguishable from the regular W109 S-class models. Find the right stretch of road, however, it could easily stun the drivers of Porsche 911s with its speed - 0-60 mph in 7 seconds and 135 mph flat out. For comparison, the regular 300SEL topped no more than 120 mph and took 11 seconds to go from 0-60. Equally stunning was its price - twice that of the regular car !

I had a 300SEL 6.3 ; fun in a straight line but handles and stops like a boat.   SCARY

There is a story behind this which don't quote as I may get some details wrong...but I think this was borrowed from the old man one weekend and given a few laps until the tyres shredded...or something like that. But despite it's size it went OK, apparently and to the horror/surprise of those left in it's wake. As a "dictator" car , it had to be able to escape scary trouble after all.

Alan Hamilton's Merc 600 Grosser...

hamilton_600.jpg

I was wondering the same thing .... not in the market but like to keep an eye out and learn along the way ...

I guess it would almost come down to which colour took your fancy ... unless I'm missing something and one of them is more special for whatever reason ...

OK

if a litte racing is your thing then down the track the '69 could be built in to a competitive Group Sb racer, the LHD/ RHD thing is not an issue for a race car, there are many LHD Porsche in Group S (Sb and Sc), so some inherent value there ?

if that was of no interest to you then they are quite similar cars, both LWB, both 901 g'box, the 2.0L will rev a little more freely than the 2.2L, the big decision will have to be made on body condition. having restored 2 pre '73 cars and about to start my third, these cars are all about body condition. if you have to pay professionals to do the work and the body is stuffed there is thousands of dollars in putting them right.

HTH

There are always more cars , but maybe they are probably have all now been through coronation to garage queens and everyone is now looking around at how dehydrated they are and starting thinking TIG/Grinder  and about 996 and 997's  C4's and Turbos and how do you hack on of those ;)

I like this quote in a recent Ad - Really what is an SC more aligned to the traffic - slower

A SC IS BETTER TO DRIVE THAN 3.2 CARRERA AROUND TOWN MATCHING NOS PORSCHE  

1978 Porsche 911 SC Manual