Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Seriously does anyone else think this is nuts? $598,000, you can buy a new 991 for half the price that is quicker, better equiped, faster, better to drive etc etc. I get the air cooled heritage genuine rare historic value argument & I would love a 993 turbo, but this is a modern car (2010) recently surpassed by its own manufacturer who states the modern Porsche is the best car they have ever produced. If you've got $598,000 you don't know what to do with give me a call & I can sell you some real estate on the moon!

Oh, & by the way, where do you drive a $598K car without worrying about stone chips, door damage etc. these cars are meant to be driven, if you want an investment buy a Picasso!!! Leave the good cars to us who want them to be driven, that's what they are cars, end of rant.

Couldn't be said better! Unfortunately to command this price means that you'll have to put it away and never drive it again - Shame but everyone's different 

Oh, & by the way, where do you drive a $598K car without worrying about stone chips, door damage etc. these cars are meant to be driven, if you want an investment buy a Picasso!!! Leave the good cars to us who want them to be driven, that's what they are cars, end of rant.

PM me with your Picasso lead. I might be a buyer at $600k

Reason for jacking up the price.

This is a multifaceted answer to a never simple question.   How to price a car.

I originally priced my car at $94,993 - being a play on the year and model.   It had a number of enquiries and sold to the first person who got serious.

However, upon PPI, it had a couple of things which needed attention which I am doing.  Due to this, the car will be in a better space when I get it back.  

So, the first reason for the price increase is the "while you are in there" type of work being done.  When I took the engine apart to reseal it after the last cocks messed it up, a couple of more things were "nice to do".  No point in having the engine out and seeing these things and not doing them - just coz I'm selling.   

The second reason for the price increase is due to the speed at which is was sold at $94,993.   Gotta have a little room to move.

Thirdly, I am placing this car between the yellow tip at $115 and the UK import tip at $85k.  

And finally, I'm placing the car at that price because I feel a buyer will turn up for it.

However, if it was the car in question, where it sat for months at $75 then went up to $95 with nothing being done to it to increase the "worth", then it is a questionable move.  But, I am known to be wrong - just following F40's lead when he sold his yellow S for $149k.

6 cars sold out of 25. I wouldn't say that's a great result. Compare it to their Ferrari only auction in September where ALL lots where sold.

The gravy train has to stop in the station sometime too…  let see what things look like after silly season , markets cant go up forever 

Whats the next marque ..?

This is a multifaceted answer to a never simple question.   How to price a car.

I originally priced my car at $94,993 - being a play on the year and model.   It had a number of enquiries and sold to the first person who got serious.

However, upon PPI, it had a couple of things which needed attention which I am doing.  Due to this, the car will be in a better space when I get it back.  

So, the first reason for the price increase is the "while you are in there" type of work being done.  When I took the engine apart to reseal it after the last cocks messed it up, a couple of more things were "nice to do".  No point in having the engine out and seeing these things and not doing them - just coz I'm selling.   

The second reason for the price increase is due to the speed at which is was sold at $94,993.   Gotta have a little room to move.

Thirdly, I am placing this car between the yellow tip at $115 and the UK import tip at $85k.  

And finally, I'm placing the car at that price because I feel a buyer will turn up for it.

However, if it was the car in question, where it sat for months at $75 then went up to $95 with nothing being done to it to increase the "worth", then it is a questionable move.  But, I am known to be wrong - just following F40's lead when he sold his yellow S for $149k.

Thanks for the answer. It makes complete sense BBC.

I asked as I have seen it done numerous times where cars have hung around for ages & then the seller puts the price up.  

I would love a clean late model 928 S4 in manual to stick in the garage. Are these as rare as rocking horse shit? What about the GTS, did they come to Aus? What do such cars trade at? My dad had a 928S when I was a little kid and its what got me into Porches.

Edited by spiller

I would love a clean late model 928S in manual to stick in the garage. Are these as rare as rocking horse shit? What do such cars trade at? My dad had a 928S when I was a little kid and its what got me into Porches.

2 x 82 S manuals -

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1982/SSE-AD-1124763/?Cr=1

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1982/SSE-AD-3641005/?Cr=0

Neither look great inside and big variance in price and both have been for sale for a while. There are better ones out there and price could be between $10k and $20k. Pre S4 do not seem to be going for much these days...

Has to be manual?

Sorry misread as S model not the S4... doh!

Edited by ANF

Liking that red one for $74k, just not the price so much

jumped 25k

Lots of enquiries. No offers. The clearance on my car is 100mm max.

Any recommendations on interstate vehicle movers that don't charge an arm and a leg?

I'll do it for airfare fuel n coffee