Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

" hardly anyone from PFA seems to be buying cars so there's no vicarious excitement to be had". If they did this place would be the last place to mention it, you Guys would bag it and bin it before they got it home;) 

I reckon people are buying but keeping shtum until they decide what they are going to do with it, and because some cars get a thorough commenting here.

can be a tough crowd :)

Good news for those that have one, bad news for people like me who don't: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-12-24/vintage-porsches-are-rising-as-the-next-blue-chip-classic-cars

I think and I'm sure some others will share my view; it’s the latest feeding frenzy. Austin-Healeys in America went nuts a few years back, Jaguar E-Types rocketed her and have now pretty much peaked, and we'll see this with Porsches in a couple of years. It's the auction prices that drive this craziness and dealers falsely inflating the market by controlling supply and demand. Once you get a glut of good cars on the market, prices will drop and banks will be a little more reluctant to write loans for 50 year old cars. The silver lining to this is that more cars will be restored, and those thought unreturnable will be brought back to life through restoration with copious amounts of blood, sweat, tears and cash.

Edited by Written

Good news for those that have one, bad news for people like me who don't: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-12-24/vintage-porsches-are-rising-as-the-next-blue-chip-classic-cars

I think and I'm sure some others will share my view; it’s the latest feeding frenzy. Austin-Healeys in America went nuts a few years back, Jaguar E-Types rocketed her and have now pretty much peaked, and we'll see this with Porsches in a couple of years. It's the auction prices that drive this craziness and dealers falsely inflating the market by controlling supply and demand. Once you get a glut of good cars on the market, prices will drop and banks will be a little more reluctant to write loans for 50 year old cars. The silver lining to this is that more cars will be restored, and those thought unreturnable will be brought back to life through restoration with copious amounts of blood, sweat, tears and cash.

“Guys in their 40s now had a poster of that car when they were 10 years old,” Duff said of the Porsche 911, “and now they’re out there finding them.”

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3755880&Cr=37

Whoa! I LOVE that in guards red!  Not so into the techart bar, like the wheels though.  Top $  but I don't think it will matter in 10 years time.

cp5387476370301451215.jpg?height=290&asp

Edited by TrevMcRev

Whoa! I LOVE that in guards red!  Not so into the techart bar, like the wheels though.  Top $  but I don't think it will matter in 10 years time.

if this car were 20K cheaper I'd be advertising my GT3 as we speak. As you said though won't go wrong in the long run. 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3755880&Cr=37

cp5387476370301451215.jpg?height=290&asp

Probs about $40 to  $50k too much in today`s market ?

Edited by Carrera86

^^^ it's very much in 997 territory, I think 125K would be more accurate. 996 turbos have risen quietly over the past 12 months. Sending my old man to check it out for me tomorrow to feel it out as I am interstate on holidays.

Edited by spiller

^^^ it's very much in 997 territory, I think 125K would be more accurate. 996 turbos have risen quietly over the past 12 months. Sending my old man to check it out for me tomorrow to feel it out as I am interstate on holidays.

Same thought on the 997 territory ,

could of bought a low kms  8 months ago $90k