Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

According to the owner there is "no M491/Supersport option in Australia, but it was offered as an option to have a widebody".

So... What is it?

But I love the price! :) 

Edited by Claywong
Price

According to the owner there is "no M491/Supersport option in Australia, but it was offered as an option to have a widebody".

So... What is it?

have you bought it yet?

So... What is it?

Pretty sure it was offered in OZ. 

However, I have been told there's at least one NB that was converted to widebody pre- delivery. Is this it? No idea - mine has the same 'story' but tracking down the second owner revealed the truth.

Edited by GUT

Pretty sure it was offered in OZ. 

However, I have been told there's at least one NB that was converted to widebody pre- delivery. Is this it? 

exactly my thoughts on M491 in Australia...

Well look out mate, everyone with a widebody will claim theirs is the one.

exactly my thoughts on M491 in Australia...

Well look out mate, everyone with a widebody will claim theirs is the one.

To say 'was unavailable' is rubbish- Porsche would sell you whatever you wanted and charge accordingly- a family friend ordered and got a 3.2 M491 Targa in the late 80s.

I remember this one being offered for sale a couple of years ago in WA.  It was on Car Sales for quite a while too.  The clear indicators and white door handles stand out.  The previous owner claimed the widebody conversion was done by the original dealer prior to delivery.

I remember this one being offered for sale a couple of years ago in WA.  It was on Car Sales for quite a while too.  The clear indicators and white door handles stand out.  The previous owner claimed the widebody conversion was done by the original dealer prior to delivery.

I couldn't work out why it took so long to sell last time either.  Looked great in the photos and was keenly priced at the time.  Worth a look I reckon for anyone in the market particular at a price more palatable than some 3.2's ATM

Its got NZ Plates on the 991 GT3 RS :) 

Duttons are buying a lot of cars out of NZ at the moment, not sure how you register a new car like this in Aussie once complied in NZ?

They have purchased 2 x 996 RS's and 997 GT2 that I know of, must be going to Asia or UK?

Do let me know how newer cars are registered in Aussie as you can buy 991 GT3's for around 250K used here, whereas they $350k in Aussie - nice margin of circa $100K?

Duttons are buying a lot of cars out of NZ at the moment, not sure how you register a new car like this in Aussie once complied in NZ?

They have purchased 2 x 996 RS's and 997 GT2 that I know of, must be going to Asia or UK?

Do let me know how newer cars are registered in Aussie as you can buy 991 GT3's for around 250K used here, whereas they $350k in Aussie - nice margin of circa $100K?

The only way to register a newer car here is to personally own it for 12 months then bring ot in as a personal import ....

I would think you are right about going to Europe, Asia, UK etc ....

The advert does say .... can't be sold in Australia.

The other issue you would face once you have it here is it would be devalued due to it not being Aus' delivered. 

Looks absolutely stunning. I don't think KMs matter as long as its been driven/looked after. If it reached 350kms it must have been loved very dearly - looks to be that way too.

How many long term owners change out all the suspension rubber, old fuel lines etc  ? In my experience that is something left for someone else's rainy day!

350k km - will need some engine work soon. Esp if new owner wants to drive it spiritedly, which is I presume why you buy one in the first place.

How many long term owners change out all the suspension rubber, old fuel lines etc  ? In my experience that is something left for someone else's rainy day!

Agree. Definitely worth looking at these things carefully and understanding the cost and effort involved. 

I do love a white carrera though.