Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Its an A speedster which are the most desirable and its also been restored.  I think this one has actually won or placed at the PCNSW Concours.

it'll be north of $200 but don't know that it'll move at that point.

What will hold it back IMO is its a left to right conversion, so not AUD delivered and the resto was done in none original colours and interior.  It'd bring more money if it was LHD as it'd appeal to a broader market (US etc).

If it was mickey mouse (factory colours interior etc) or AUD delivered I think it'd be high 300s.

"Last of the 996's"    They're not making anymore of them folks! ;)

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3808637?WT.seg_4

cp5061180921803568075.jpg?height=700&asp

997 GT3 with only 12,000klms for $239K

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3808477?WT.seg_4_

cp5107316391452621746.jpg?height=700&asp

Edited by TrevMcRev

Get in Quick on the last of the 996 series, seldom found those '04 Carreras those rare beasts hahah (well actually the Turbo S was the last)  ....... and while your having a laugh folks there is this offering from Gumtree - and also the '70 911 below from Carsales - they must be drunk!

Wanted: Porsche 911-930 wanted 

FREE

Car photo

Updated at 8:15PM on 23 January
  • Manual
  • 135,000km
  • 6cyl 2.2L
  • Coupe

NOW LISTED AT

$268,000Arrow

Originally listed at

$172,000

View Ad Send Enquiry

Wonder why this, and the cream one havent sold yet? Seems a decent price if theyre ok

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kingsgrove/cars-vans-utes/1971-porsche-911-t-orange-5-speed-manual-coupe/1095094931

Left hand drive :o other one sportomatic  :o

Collectors with lots of play money don't want "that sort of thing"

Edited by tazzieman

The year he bought it and the odometer reading when he bought it has changed 3 times now 

Carry out a bit of homework and if it checked out I'd still buy it. Looks a tidy car, albeit I'm not a huge fan of garnet red. 911's in that colour seem to hang around on the market for a while.

The year he bought it and the odometer reading when he bought it has changed 3 times now 

so he bought with 24,xxx miles, travelled 25,000 kms around Europe, shipped to Australia and registered at 38,xxx miles.  So shipping about 12,000 miles to Aus wipes 11,000 off the odometer?

I think his calculator needs new batteries. or he needs to become a better liar.

Edited by DJM

so he bought with 24,xxx miles, travelled 25,000 kms around Europe, shipped to Australia and registered at 38,xxx miles.  So shipping about 12,000 miles to Aus wipes 11,000 off the odometer?

I think his calculator needs new batteries. or he needs to become a better liar.

I'd love to ship off the 930 and take it around Europe. We'd have a great time ;) (sans wife and kids)

24,000 MILES + 25,000 KMS (which is about 15,000 MILES) = approximately 38,000 MILES.