Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'd love to ship off the 930 and take it around Europe. We'd have a great time ;) (sans wife and kids)

It would probably be more cost effective and less of a headache to buy a LHD 930 in Europe. Enjoy, then sell it back for close to what you paid for it at the end of your trip. B)

It would probably be more cost effective and less of a headache to buy a LHD 930 in Europe. Enjoy, then sell it back for close to what you paid for it at the end of your trip. B)

or a RHD from the UK and drive it across the chunnel. Make it a year long trip and I could bring it back tax free...

Imagine going around a series of roundabouts on a rainy European day in your LHD 930!

"Take the 3rd exit"

Reality dumps on dreams,  from my experiences!

rainy days, roundabouts and 930's don't mix... :(

Imagine going around a series of roundabouts on a rainy European day in your LHD 930!

"Take the 3rd exit"

Reality dumps on dreams,  from my experiences!

Imagine it in the UK (LHD), like driving in a parallel universe in your head.  Which way do I enter that roundabout...?

or a RHD from the UK and drive it across the chunnel. Make it a year long trip and I could bring it back tax free...

Salt affected (read; rusty), no history, non-Australian delivered, dodgy private import. With how many MILES on it?  :P

I won't go a dollar over $350k

Edited by KGB

Imagine it in the UK (LHD), like driving in a parallel universe in your head.  Which way do I enter that roundabout...?

I have done this , the history centre at Calne (England),  but only in a RHD car.

Coming from the east (A4 – Calne etc)

At the first roundabout on the outskirts of Chippenham turn left, onto Pewsham Way.
Keep on this road, going straight across the next 3 roundabouts, signposted Through traffic, town centre.
At the next roundabout take the first exit onto Avenue La Fleche, signposted A4, Through traffic.
As you approach the traffic lights shortly before the Bridge Centre roundabout, move into the right hand lane.
Keep in this lane past the first set of traffic lights, then move further over into the right hand lane at the Bridge Centre roundabout.
Follow the road round to the right, but move into the left hand lane at the next set of traffic lights, and take the 4th exit onto Bath Road, signposted Monkton Park and Railway Station.
At the mini-roundabout turn left onto the Bridge. (The High Street is on your right.)
At the next roundabout turn right onto Station Hill.
Continue straight on onto Cocklebury Road, passing the railway station on your left-hand side. After just over 500 metres the road curves around to the right. The History Centre is a large building 50 metres past this bend on your left.

I deemed it easier than this route which included

As you approach the Bridge Centre roundabout get in the left hand lane for the first set of traffic lights; then move into the middle lane to go past the next set of traffic lights, then move into the left hand lane to take the 3rd exit onto Bath Road, signposted Monkton Park.

Ive essentially been on the road (international travel for business) on and off since Jan 4 - so sorry if this is a re-post, but has this "lunacy" been discussed?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2004/OAG-AD-12284907/?Cr=4

Then you probably missed this -> http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/dailydriver2.html 

Ive essentially been on the road (international travel for business) on and off since Jan 4 - so sorry if this is a re-post, but has this "lunacy" been discussed?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2004/OAG-AD-12284907/?Cr=4

It has.. It was offered to me at $135K but i passed it up & have since purchased something else, then was sold for $150K. Now at a dealer for $209K just crazy 

We need to get a Europe mancation together. :)

I just arrived in Asia , my coat is avalable to anyone who wants it ;

go to Goodwood Festival of Speed  , do a track day in the rain before you go as prep :)

Then pack pocket money for tyres and head to the swiss alps 

And a little it more for the sore neck massage from looking out the side window as you will have been looking uo through the switchbacks or out the side wind alot , whilst sliding around them

You're in the the  right place for a massage, so I've been told

Ive looked but there are no girls with driving gloves …just aint the same experience and cheap oil too, I looked every where i get offered aroma but not Mobil 1.   Not sure on the service plans here mate

I have seen a lot of porsches , a lambo and R8 … WTF with this traffic , where do you drive em

Edited by symsy

Are we back to posting cat photos again ?

Ah Chris come on thats harsh… the convo is in relation to other quotes 

Edgy talked of mancation , I offered my coat like a good gent as im in Asia.. we will have to get you some of tazzies and mine bipolar pills

or are you not a Cat lover ..?

Ok just for you 

Even_the_dogs_have_Porsches_here_zpsqden