Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Fishy , here's one for your better half. It wouldn't work in the western suburbs of Hobart though, even though it's the YOTC!

https://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Cars/Cars-For-Sale/1996-Porsche-911-Carrera-In-Extraordinary-Showroom-New-Condition-Cabriolet/Port-Melbourne/VIC/AdNumber=GFL5Q2

4L4G-Boxed640x480.jpg

I'm just amazed the Trading Post still exists!

Now you really can ring up and tell them they're dreamin'

Fishy , here's one for your better half. It wouldn't work in the western suburbs of Hobart though, even though it's the YOTC!

https://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Cars/Cars-For-Sale/1996-Porsche-911-Carrera-In-Extraordinary-Showroom-New-Condition-Cabriolet/Port-Melbourne/VIC/AdNumber=GFL5Q2

4L4G-Boxed640x480.jpg

gee, I could sell mine for list, buy this and after paging stamp duty, be a few dollars worse off.....

Either mine is too cheap or this is too expensive. 

@Claywong, How can you say it's great value?  Your statement makes you sound like a used car salesman.

It's a 4, so automatically drops in desirability.

It has zero information on work undertaken,  except to say regular oil changes.

It has some great photos taken - sounds like the "photo" is good value.

I don't know this car, I don't know the seller, I don't know 996. I don't know much at all.

But I do know that any turd can be polished. How can you say, with what appears to be some level of sureness, that this car is good value? 

I'll go off and yelli at that cloud again :blink:

@Claywong, How can you say it's great value?  Your statement makes you sound like a used car salesman.

It's a 4, so automatically drops in desirability.

It has zero information on work undertaken,  except to say regular oil changes.

It has some great photos taken - sounds like the "photo" is good value.

I don't know this car, I don't know the seller, I don't know 996. I don't know much at all.

But I do know that any turd can be polished. How can you say, with what appears to be some level of sureness, that this car is good value? 

I'll go off and yelli at that cloud again :blink:

Might as well shut down this thread now then...  I thought that was the whole point of it... a thread where we share our thoughts on what's for sale and interesting in Australia.

I think based on what is disclosed in the ad it could be good value and is certainly the first step to bother then checking for yourself. It definitely shows signs of a true enthusiast owner unlike many ads with crap tiny photo/s and no description.

Provided it checks out mechanically and it's history is clean, to me or anyone that the modifications are to the taste of it would be good value.

To do to my car whats been done to it would probably cost $20K so for maybe a $5K changeover to me it would be good value.

Even if we started a thread called "Here are cars for sale with full PPI and Certificate of Authenticity" we could still argue it's merit... "Who did the PPI? They're not as good as X!"

Could is a long way from Definitely though!

Edited by TrevMcRev

Might as well shut down this thread now then...  I thought that was the whole point of it... a thread where we share our thoughts on what's for sale and interesting in Australia.

I think based on what is disclosed in the ad it could be good value and is certainly the first step to bother then checking for yourself. It definitely shows signs of a true enthusiast owner unlike many ads with crap tiny photo/s and no description.

Provided it checks out mechanically and it's history is clean, to me or anyone that the modifications are to the taste of it would be good value.

To do to my car whats been done to it would probably cost $20K so for maybe a $5K changeover to me it would be good value.

Even if we started a thread called "Here are cars for sale with full PPI and Certificate of Authenticity" we could still argue it's merit... "Who did the PPI? They're not as good as X!"

Could is a long way from Definitely though!

agree." Definitely" adds a lot of power behind the comment. I would have said that the recent silver 930 from wa was definitely good value, as the car was known to us here. This car, and a lot of others here, are just ads. 

We are all guilty of building this bubble. And this type of comment feeds the investor types.

Off to fix four damaged rims now

agree." Definitely" adds a lot of power behind the comment. I would have said that the recent silver 930 from wa was definitely good value, as the car was known to us here. This car, and a lot of others here, are just ads. 

We are all guilty of building this bubble. And this type of comment feeds the investor types.

Off to fix four damaged rims now

Sorry to hear about your rims :(

That 930 did seem good value to me too!

The best thing to come out of all this is that a 996 and investor types are part of the same conversation! ;)

You would like to think a relatively modern Porsche has been cherished , even if a little thrashed at times. But I guess 996s are getting old now and some are akin to the village bike. The photos may belie what's under the skin.  So the question that should pop up is "has it been cherished"?. Otherwise,  gloves are off in the bargaining ring. It is now , I believe , a buyer's market for most used Porsches. 

Come on lets buy it, a grand each for the active members on this thread  , cheaper than a set of PCCB & Tyres and most 930 engine rebuilds would be the loss at most , we could have it a week each and totally thrash the hell out of it and then sell it as a TWO owner car , the first owner and the PFA  community.. what do you call that Porsche polygamy or just prostitution of Porsche.

Either way a lot of car for a bit of money … its a Porsche after all

Shit heres another and its got a set of wheels we can give to Chris

Can you chaps review the copy on this , Im busy surfing 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3833507&Cr=20 I know which one I would by with nearly 50k less KMS and nearly same price .. I will grab a spoiler of flea bay 

Ah just had to do an update after poppoing out to the garage , Chris talking of bent rims , if you can get a job lot re rolled , I got 8 in the garage , you could have the 4S ones and we could roll your guards out a bit and make that fresh car of yours a bit more gangsta, you can slap me down on Valentines day C+ C with your gold knuckle duster

Who ever it was looking for a $50ish K 996 should quickly go look at this 4S before I do.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3848716?WT.seg_4

cp5656467218788222016.jpg?aspect=FitWith

looks pretty much like this for 10% of the price:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2002/SSE-AD-3828424

6 x 993TTs on market at once, all 300k - 400k

these blokes all thinking they've picked the top of the market perhaps?  Must make it hard to command top dollar when 5 others are available

looks pretty much like this for 10% of the price:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2002/SSE-AD-3828424

6 x 993TTs on market at once, all 300k - 400k

these blokes all thinking they've picked the top of the market perhaps?  Must make it hard to command top dollar when 5 others are available

Even at 280-300k is still good coin for a 993TT if they can pull it