Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Lots of RHD kit cars in pommie land, surely they would have a RHD 356, and I am sure a lot of the US ones would offer up a RHD version?

There used to be an Aussie made 356 speedster out of WA many years ago..... (along with a few other models too!)

Early 928 manual for cheap http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/evans-head/cars-vans-utes/porsche-928-manual-5-speed/1105325461 and a manual!

Gone overboard on the Armour All......

Cheap to get in …  Hmm Evans Head thats like 400kms from anyone who can even spell Porsche.. Are Holden V8 parts and Porsche V8s interchangeable

Tell me what to look for I will go put me tyre kicking boots on, very close to me 

PPI available , you guys define the checklist , pay the coffee at Evans Head , if i find anything moteworthy and valuable in the boot im keeping it.

You can write a list in another post 

Group investment buy -  8 bucks each per member on PFA , seriously 8k of anything is cheap in the classics world yes?

PPI available , you guys define the checklist , pay the coffee at Evans Head , if i find anything moteworthy and valuable in the boot im keeping it.

You can write a list in another post 

Group investment buy -  8 bucks each per member on PFA , seriously 8k of anything is cheap in the classics world yes?

Shiney Shiney seats - go on, take a punt - How bad can it be :blink:

We can take a drive down there one morning to view it.

@hugh

996 MK1 GT3 Clubsport.

Listed at $92K - - - -  Quickly jumped to $135K.

Probably still cheap... First of the GT3s... 

If I were in the market i'd be looking at this.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3884654?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

cp5734250857715117290.jpg?aspect=FitWith

Edited by TrevMcRev

@hugh

996 MK1 GT3 Clubsport.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3884654?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

cp5734250857715117290.jpg?aspect=FitWith

and finally we have a Mk1. First one in ages! Excellent price too, I wouldn't be suprised if it sells for over asking though? Seems the market has softened a bit though. Even the UK cars aren't fetching what they were 6 months ago.

Shiney Shiney seats - go on, take a punt - How bad can it be :blink:

We can take a drive down there one morning to view it.

Boots on and already arranged..but sounds like , you will need serious elecrical spaghetti cooking skills… No history  Non runner , well not without Aerostart..Im sure it will kick over..dont they all with that stuff.

I get tingles down my spine, when a seller tells me  that there are some serious people already chasing IT.. the question is what is the IT. I tell em , first in best dressed.  I can live with that I love a bit of urgency building tactics.

If it were that collectable and obvious I would have sent someone there to meet him when he got home with the cash. When I get the VIN we will see ...

By the way its not Armour All , its leather conditioner.

Boots on and already arranged..but sounds like , you will need serious elecrical spaghetti cooking skills… No history  Non runner , well not without Aerostart..Im sure it will kick over..dont they all with that stuff.

I get tingles down my spine, when a seller tells me  that there are some serious people already chasing.. the question is what is the IT. I tell em , first in best dressed.  I can live with that I love a bit of urgency building tactics.

If it were that collectable and obvious I would have sent someone there to meet him when he got home with the cash.

By the way its not Armour All , its leather conditioner.

Looks like they split some in the engine bay too! and must have just poured it on.....! Why is the cam belt cover off?

The only major concern with most 928s is the timing belt/ water pump, but seeing as this is an early one it is a non interference engine so no biggie if the belt does break.... Great condition early ones are worth money OS but not here yet, manual is rare, but all depends how it looks in the flesh. Early one is the most "simple" too. 168km barely run in....

Is it an Aussie car. Hard to tell much from pics, but with a little $ and some time could be a really good one.....

Try these for info http://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/40990-new-visitor-here-are-some-answers-to-frequently-asked-questions.html (some of the links no longer work but may be useful) search for 928 ppi elsewhere too.

http://www.928.org.uk/buyers-guide.html

Edited by ANF

@hugh

996 MK1 GT3 Clubsport.

I was onto it pretty quick (#4) but the offline auction was already under way. I have a hat in the ring with what I would consider a reasonable offer, if someone else wants to pay too much then they can have it..................

Unlike some, I cant afford to be emotional. :rolleyes:

Happy to answer!

Is this not for sale at your dealership?

Cheap to get in …  Hmm Evans Head thats like 400kms from anyone who can even spell Porsche.. Are Holden V8 parts and Porsche V8s interchangeable

Tell me what to look for I will go put me tyre kicking boots on, very close to me 

Another early manual 928 close to you symsy! If you can decipher the ad.... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/crestmead/cars-vans-utes/porsche-928/1105204641

A bit more of a drive ;) but looks nice! http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tanunda/cars-vans-utes/porsche-1987-928-s4/1104106659

Tyre kicking boots on , air compressor ready , cant kick em if they are flat .

Just organising my coffee stop..looks like I will have to take the car trailer..dont know any of them  will be driving home soon .. must be 8k of parts in each of them 

Seriously though super charger on the second one…should one be worried.. Leatherette is that code for "jollop a bit of this stuff on no one will notice "  In the UK with the local car acne issues , we used to do that underside , its called bog and then bitumen underseal.

Seems cars with skin rashes or sunburn here fall victim to something similar but in the interiors

Tyre kicking boots on , jair compressor ready , cant kick em if they are flat .

Just organising my coffee stop..looks like I will have to take the car trailer..dont know any will be driving home soon .. must be 8k of parts in each of them 

Seriously though super charger…should one be worried.. Leatherette is that code for "jollop a bit of this stuff on no one will notice "  It the UK with the local car acne issues , we used to do that underside , its called bog and then bitumen underseal.

Seems cars with skin rashes or sunburn here fall victim to something similar but in the interiors

Sounds like he has not fitted any of it yet, so car may all be good? wheels need to go, look wrong on such an early car....

I have heard Leatherique is quite good and can bring most leather seats back from the dead...