Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

By this, Tazzie means that 924's are THE Porsche to buy... :lol: 

You can buy any flavour , but don't expect to make money out of it. Even Wayne Carini who is a pro barn finde/restorer/flipper has a lot of trouble selling his cars!

Rank amateurs will likely do worse , but the main thing is to have fun losing your money without upsetting (or indeed alerting) the household.

The 924 was sold to a delighted new German owner.

This car finished with 60 bids on ebay on the weekend @ $60K and didn't make reserve. Now listed on Gumtree for $120K

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wollongong-2500/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911carrera-1970-120-000/1110995040

If it were listed as an '85 it might make 70k. Itsa bitsa. In just about every way it's not a '70 911T.

nicely done and well presented ad.  The only thing I would change is the chrome headlights surround.  

Price is steep but try and build it like that for less...

nicely done and well presented ad.  The only thing I would change is the chrome headlights surround.  

Agree , though I think Fuchs look better unpainted. They are such a design feature , and black wheels just draw attention to the calipers , which are hard to keep clean. If clean is your thing.

Because like all non 911s , they have been dragged up the pecking order of what's good value :) 80s supercars and now fast , reliable , cheap.

You got in just at the right time!

Did you buy it?

Nup. Glad I looked at it and had a 20 min burn around Mosman :) . Father son project where they had changed over all manner of bits and bobs. Drove well. Looked good. I liked the black on black wheels. The originals rears are on the front and he picked up another bigger set for the rear. 

Bit of smoke but recently serviced by PR technology and recon their is a small oil leak around a rocker..

Nice owner. Older guy just getting rid of some toys and open to negociate

Were you actually considering buying it? What didn't you like?

photos appealed and I remembered seeing it in the hood. Nothing majorly wrong with it and I am kind of looking for a bit of a Mongral but I already have an old 70's car. Looking for a bastard child of the 60's - got a long hood itch methinks..