Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

He started at high $50000's, 25 weeks or so later he's still a ways off....reducing by $250 per week since the start - different strategy.. I'm probably one of a hundred who is following the countdown waiting for it to clock down to low $40's hahha

Sounds like he has the time, plus you get to enjoy it longer... the danger is that you will like it and not sell it - has happened before... :D

For my $22.5k I would like matching paint colour, a nicer interior and original wheels... http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1985/SSE-AD-4039731/?Cr=0 and a front spoiler!

Some silly pricing of 928s going on lately.....

Edited by ANF

He started at high $50000's, 25 weeks or so later he's still a ways off....reducing by $250 per week since the start - different strategy.. I'm probably one of a hundred who is following the countdown waiting for it to clock down to low $40's hahha

Looks like sandy might win it. I was waiting for the high 30's :D

Looks like sandy might win it. I was waiting for the high 30's :D

Is this the consensus on what a well looked after 06 Cayman is probably worth?  Low 40's?  I am looking at a few & they all seem to be in the 50's but never seem to move.  They all are still unsold 6-12 mths later.  One would say the market is speaking but the owners aren't listening.

I am also looking at 996 autos & again they seem to sit when the owners ask in the mid to late 50's & on into the 60s.  Am I right in saying a well cared for/ low k's 996 daily driver is really a mid to late 40s proposition? (aside from some of the really very good ones that have been truly worshiped & have achieved recent near 100k prices) 

I have spoken to a few owners & politely suggested that I think this is were the market lies they are less than enthusiastic.  I am surprised when a cashed up buyer wants to talk price they are very reluctant to move - especially when their car is 6mths plus into it's "for sale" period.  I'm not lowballing (I don't think) but merely suggesting that I don't want to pay above the market.

Maybe I better just buy a Honda Jazz & be done with it.

RSR had a factory wide body 3.2 cab for sale 18 months ago, perhaps 12. $90k from memory...

I got my factory wide body 3.2 from RSR 18 months ago and it was a fair bit less than $90k. It might be the one your referring too? I'll take $185k if anyone is offering lol

Is this the consensus on what a well looked after 06 Cayman is probably worth?  Low 40's?  I am looking at a few & they all seem to be in the 50's but never seem to move.  They all are still unsold 6-12 mths later.  One would say the market is speaking but the owners aren't listening.

Jason, I think you will find that sandy and I were taking the piss mate. 

I didnt see the critics review of this 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1989/SSE-AD-4037211/?Cr=6

Pedals  Oi Oi  and surely they made rubber matts in thise days .. did they actually ship the wine interior with the kid diaper shit brown carpet.. thats the limit of my technical knowledge here.. BUT IT IS 89 AND IT DOES HAVE BOOST , HENCE I LOOK 

Where is Tom Walker LA Ranger …probably off calculating the bloody LCT

I didnt see the critics review of this 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1989/SSE-AD-4037211/?Cr=6

Pedals  Oi Oi  and surely they made rubber matts in thise days .. did they actually ship the wine interior with the kid diaper shit brown carpet.. thats the limit of my technical knowledge here.. BUT IT IS 89 AND IT DOES HAVE BOOST , HENCE I LOOK 

Where is Tom Walker LA Ranger …probably off calculating the bloody LCT

well covered - critics woke up before 12pm mate ;) 

good car if it's not a conversion. Would love to give it a test drive to see the difference. Bronze/burgundy colour combo is a bit 'special'

I have spoken to a few owners & politely suggested that I think this is were the market lies they are less than enthusiastic.  I am surprised when a cashed up buyer wants to talk price they are very reluctant to move - especially when their car is 6mths plus into it's "for sale" period.  I'm not lowballing (I don't think) but merely suggesting that I don't want to pay above the market.

Don't panic Jason, your car will turn up, just have to be patient.

I think this is typical with these cars as they are often only one of a number cars owned and there is no urgency to sell, especially since the interest rates are low and there is no real incentive in converting an idle car to cash quickly.

Suggest you short list the cars that interest you and make contact with the owners every so often to test how they are currently feeling with the price.   I bought my last car this way and got it a good price but it did take 9 months I'll admit!

Hang in there!  

Don't panic Jason, your car will turn up, just have to be patient.

I think this is typical with these cars as they are often only one of a number cars owned and there is no urgency to sell, especially since the interest rates are low and there is no real incentive in converting an idle car to cash quickly.

Suggest you short list the cars that interest you and make contact with the owners every so often to test how they are currently feeling with the price.   I bought my last car this way and got it a good price but it did take 9 months I'll admit!

Hang in there!  

Cheers Peter, sound advice- patience is not one of my virtues - I will calm down.

thanks again.

Indeed. Full cage would probably result in tearing quite a few pairs of work slacks! :P 

I know it's already mentioned, but I wanted the photos to be here too.. I think this would be the ULTIMATE 964. With over 250 views, we all know what that means. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.2

Is this the consensus on what a well looked after 06 Cayman is probably worth?  Low 40's?  I am looking at a few & they all seem to be in the 50's but never seem to move.  They all are still unsold

From the people I have spoken to about buying an 06/07 Cayman, they're scared of the IMS problem rearing its ugly head (as I would be) which is fair enough

And no. Don't buy a Honda Jazz!