Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

928 S4 Aussie / Auto....finally someone is selling a 928 with the damn timing belt done..LOL

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mudgeeraba/cars-vans-utes/1989-porsche-928s4-oz-delivered-excellent-condition-full-books/1113908599

I would have rather they did a proper job on the interior re-trim, looks quite bad with all the creases and loose fitting bits! Easier to do a timing belt than fix that!

My car came with a recent timing belt replacement B) (although not that big an issue on the non interference models...)

928 S4 Aussie / Auto....finally someone is selling a 928 with the damn timing belt done..LOL

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mudgeeraba/cars-vans-utes/1989-porsche-928s4-oz-delivered-excellent-condition-full-books/1113908599

Our very own PFA Sohan from Cars and Coffee - Gold Coast

It is a nice looking car in the flesh, but yeah - a bit meh on the seat trim, but very tidy tidy otherwise.

"This magnificent Grand Tourer would suit buyers looking for Porsche 911, 993, 964, 944, 924, 968, 986, 987, 991, Ferrari, Lotus, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, AMG, Cabriolet, Convertible, Jaguar, Daimler, Maclaren, etc.."

WTF..!  Us 996 and 997 owners need not apply..  ;)

Now if someone would bloody well buy my Barry Manilow Wagon...

Edited by WOKA

Slightly off topic, but pertains to cars for sale...

Why are 356 cabs more expensive and desirable than coupes, yet 911 coupes are more desirable than cabs?

I think the other thing is probably (putting on my helmet ready for the oncoming barrage), a A/C 911 now days is still seen as a fun performance sports car. Where the 356, is a s sporty classic, but doesn't really go fast, and the owners are generally not looking for a fast car, but a cruiser....?

Our very own PFA Sohan from Cars and Coffee - Gold Coast

It is a nice looking car in the flesh, but yeah - a bit meh on the seat trim, but very tidy tidy otherwise.

"This magnificent Grand Tourer would suit buyers looking for Porsche 911, 993, 964, 944, 924, 968, 986, 987, 991, Ferrari, Lotus, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, AMG, Cabriolet, Convertible, Jaguar, Daimler, Maclaren, etc.."

WTF..!  Us 996 and 997 owners need not apply..  ;)

Darn it,  I  knew I shouldn't have written the ad after a couple of whisky's. Love 996's & 7's. Also got the kms to timing belt replacement wrong, its 55,000kms. Mathematical skills went out after the 2nd or was it 3rd on the rocks ;).  

The truth is that 356 convert has beautiful lines and a 911 convert has awkward lines.  Also longhood cars not available a converts meaning SC or carerra only.  See soft window targas for rarity and desirability.  If those had had classic 356-esque lines and came in 'S' form, they would be very desirable.

Edited by Coastr

I think the other thing is probably (putting on my helmet ready for the oncoming barrage), a A/C 911 now days is still seen as a fun performance sports car. Where the 356, is a s sporty classic, but doesn't really go fast, and the owners are generally not looking for a fast car, but a cruiser....?

I think I need to take for a ride in my 356!!

I would have rather they did a proper job on the interior re-trim, looks quite bad with all the creases and loose fitting bits! Easier to do a timing belt than fix that!

My car came with a recent timing belt replacement B) (although not that big an issue on the non interference models...)

+1

...and spend $150 on an aircon re-gas, if that's really all that's wrong with it.

I think I need to take for a ride in my 356!!

Hey, sounds good to me. Everyone should know that every time I open my mouth (or dribble onto the keyboard) I have no idea what I am talking about.

I've only got 240 :wub: Then again it is >100kg lighter than most. :P

Really, do I need to battle the whole of Taswegia?

Don't make me send the Sukhoi.

Edited by KGB

Really, do I need to battle the whole of Taswegia?

Don't make me send the Sukhoi.

If it is too hot, stay out of the kitchen comrade :)

I've only got 240 :wub: Then again it is >100kg lighter than most. :P

Lighter and less barge like :ph34r: