Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

was on gumtree for $60k. The owner lives around the corner from me so I figure it never sold. Rusty US 912 with holes (one in the engine block). Cool runabout for $15 - $20k. Let me know if you want me to leave a note on the window ;) 

I already tried the low ball note move last week. No love. :(

Seems there is a new competitor to carsales.com.au . You simply park your car in the right streets around Paddington and wait for Jono! Works every time:D

wish it worked every time!  I left a low ball offer note on the windscreen of a genuine tangerine 69  911S near Five Ways a while ago now. It was the most beautiful car I have ever seen. 

Older bloke owned it and kindly called me back. We spoke about Porsches for and hour or so and then he very nicely told me that his car was probably worth $300K (a little more than the $20K I offered)

I'll just have to wait for Tom to leave one of his 930s on the street one night so I can leave a low ball offer note on the windscreen. The law of averages HAS to play in my favour one day! 

can someone explain to me why this is worth more than an SC or 3.2 carrera or 964, genuinely unaware. am i missing something? i thought i had a good grasp of the models/years etc

looks great either way.

Edited by clutch-monkey

Why backdate when you can just buy the real thing (1973 911 RS): 

https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/252410597378

This seems to be good buying - only a touch more than an AU delivered 930 in good nick. If I had that amount of finding fun paper, I know which I'd be buying.

Another attempt at low balling, Jono? If you go to the sellers website, you will see the car is for sale at a slightly different price - US$990,000. 

Another attempt at low balling, Jono? If you go to the sellers website, you will see the car is for sale at a slightly different price - US$990,000. 

Bastards! I had already started putting together the list of things I could sell to get to 300K USD! 

Was it not playing with fire by...........

- DMS Automotive performane upgrades - flash tune (performed by Eurotune) 505BHP and 505 LB/FT torque, improved daily driveabillty and performance.

thoughts on this

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2004/SSE-AD-4083701/?Cr=1

love the strategy of taking pics of other peoples cars and saying 'hey, this piece of shit could look just like this.'

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1971/OAG-AD-12346954/?Cr=16

price drop?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1974/OAG-AD-12049233/?Cr=17

Is a 71 really worth that kind of dough or is it just the Aus delivery / RHD that makes it so valuable?

I might have to buy a 71 my mate in the US is planning to modify if they're actually worth that kind of cash...

"most seem to change hands regularly" Are you talking about the same 2 or 3 imported and/or converted cars been on and off the market over the past 6 months. 

Actually you are right that most of the action occurred in the last 6 months of last year when the market was dominated by flippers and carpetbaggers when anything c3.0 was fair game.  Now that the market has generally stalled and softened the game of musical chairs has left a few standing holding the baby so to speak.  My point or rather perception is that there just seemed to be a disproportionate high rate of market activity for a model with such a small production numbers.  Maybe it was a market correction the c3.0 owners were predicting for years?   

What's with the Carrera 3.o? 

The only open market AUS delivered and matching numbers C30 I've seen for sale in the past 12 months is the red one that was on the market for 180k recently. It's now gone. The others that have come and gone are either imported or converted.

But I'm actually happy you're still trying to talk them down. Id love a C3, so if there are any AUS delivered matching ones for sale right now for 120k, I'm all ears.

And don't get me started on the 964 C2 manual. There's not exactly a glut of those around. I'll take two if there is.

GR,

I was talking the c3.0 market generally irrespective of delivery origin, transmission or left or right.

I wish my idle ramblings could talk down a market but I'm confident that's not the case.  However I've looked at them before and certainly if I'm ever in need of another IB I'd love one too.

You're right with the C2 specifically where they seem to enjoy long steady ownership but the C4's and the Tip coupes seem to have much shorter ownership periods.  Again given the reasonably small production number, a disproportionate high rate of market activity.

Maybe I'm just suffering from recency bias from the unusual marketplace conditions of the last 12 month?