Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Not one of us tempted on the MFI GREEN TARGA Peril then…. EBAY didnt sell the puppy  

Yes, only 1 bid @150k, didn't meet reserve. Yet again another offline auction perhaps? 

finally ANF! Were you and tassie together on a Sunday drive together? ?

No. He has just built a house , thus like some is too busy to drive his Porsche on Sundays ;)

Meanwhile my wife was commenting during and after (to my sons) how much she likes the 928 (as opposed to the others). If you're ever struggling to get the lady into your outlaw tainted old 911 you could think about the suggested alternatives :rolleyes:

No. He has just built a house , thus like some is too busy to drive his Porsche on Sundays ;)

Meanwhile my wife was commenting during and after (to my sons) how much she likes the 928 (as opposed to the others). If you're ever struggling to get the lady into your outlaw tainted old 911 you could think about the suggested alternatives :rolleyes:

My wife was most impressed from her one ride so far in my 928 after initially not liking it, I think the colour helps a lot :)

Too busy digging big holes to drive it, landscaping is the technical name for it....

your bid Hugh? 

No, someone 'D' it had on the EBAY listing, it seems to be pulled down now. I have no interest to purchase the car, although from what I can see it looks to be fair buying at 150-170. Not sure how much over that they'll get in the end.

Best of luck to the seller (and eventual purchaser). 

suspect the seller may be confused now as to what happened in the ensuing space,  between madness chest beating and wailing a little over 10 days back and a single solitary bid of 150 by a mysterious 'Mr D'... Who and what to blame here if at all? Brexit, perception of poor seller 'tactics', hard pushing hairy balls buyers? none, all three?

suspect the seller may be confused now as to what happened in the ensuing space,  between madness chest beating and wailing a little over 10 days back and a single solitary bid of 150 by a mysterious 'Mr D'... Who and what to blame here if at all? Brexit, perception of poor seller 'tactics', hard pushing hairy balls buyers? none, all three?

You forgot to add Up the Elephant and Round the Castle.

The series about "a young man who gets into all types of problems with the law and spends most of his time getting drunk and chasing women."

Seriously, why do some people write their ads in all capital letters? It's almost like they never read. 

Seriously  … This guy is just Yanking it … 

I heard today from a good friend that he had spoken to him and from horses mouth that he had a buyer at 200+ ..well then why not take it 

I also heard the deal was done at 150 last week..well why not take it

If he had a bid at 150 or did he bid on his own auction.. he should have taken it .

The market speaks..its slow..this ones rusty and no one wanted to bid above 150

I have tried to communicate with this dude , I think he really does know what hes got but has little integrity with his dealings obviously

You would have thought this guy could work it out no one likes a dutch auction and no one likes to play the games fleabay sellers and buyers play.

Maybe this time he will get bitten on the arse.

Been for sale for some time. IIRC, was asking $135,000 and I don't remember it was converted from LHD.

Looks a really nice car, but in the current market, what is a converted 3.0 Carrera worth? He is starting bids at $100,000. I think that price is more than fair. $110,000 maybe???

what am I not seeing here? 156k? That's 6k more than what was bid on that lime green targa 

Looks a damn sight nicer than the green slime targa to me!

Hi Anf - yes it's mine. Long story short my wife found my bike collection wasn't sold just dismantled and hidden (which technically means they were no longer "bikes"...). So, I have been asked (told) to sell something to contribute to the new family car fund and I have calculated if I sell everything I may scrape into an Cayenne twin turbo. If I get one i'll use it to tow my other race car and then take off the trailer and see what i can do in the Cayenne on the track. I accidentally deleted my thread when i was doing a big update as I thought I had found a way of posting more photos and videos (by removing old ones) but all i found out i had done was delete the whole post...so don't try that! Cheers. 

Bugger that's not good! Such a nice project too, maybe down the track a bit you will get back into a 928... Does it need to be a Cayenne turbo? I was looking at a Cayenne (na V8) but went for my Merc instead, the money saved covered the 928 purchase easily, and it is not an inferior car!

Good luck :)