Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'm with Ben on this one Michel, that burnt orange/salmon interior on the C4S would require some getting used to, some may even choose hypnosis therapy to overcome the nausea.

Now the classic deep reds in your link I could live with even in the C4S, but only if you throw in that tartan luggage  :)

at best described as sartorial and likely to be driven by a gent who favours high pants...but if sold for not alot more is worth it in parts

"...Three years ago I decided to invest unlimited funds into getting things right ..."

best described as sartorial ..and likely to be driven by a gent who favours high pants...but if sold for not alot more is worth it in parts

"...Three years ago I decided to invest unlimited funds into getting things right ..."

Saw this, don't get it? but each to their own I suppose.......

Look what's popped back up: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1988/SSE-AD-2465716/?Cr=8&sdmvc=1

(Still advertised as a 88' 930)

Yeah it was never pulled from sale. I called the bloke about it a week or two a go. Has some good parts on it but no Turbo brakes. For me its a mid 30's car at the maximum. 

Man that yellow 959 hack thing is urrgly.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I actually don't think the 959 is a great looking car. I love them for what they are, but I don't think they are so good looking that you would hack up a perfectly good 911 to create a bad mockup. Because a 959 is all about the tech, not about the shape.

Yeah it was never pulled from sale. I called the bloke about it a week or two a go. Has some good parts on it but no Turbo brakes. For me its a mid 30's car at the maximum.

It says matching numbers engine and gearbox.

Now call me old fashioned, but matching numbers always meant the original engine and gearbox as fitted to the chassis. Not just that the engine and gearbox match each other.

I guess like California car, patina and barn find, the real meaning has been lost to endless parody.

Man that yellow 959 hack thing is urrgly.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I actually don't think the 959 is a great looking car. I love them for what they are, but I don't think they are so good looking that you would hack up a perfectly good 911 to create a bad mockup. Because a 959 is all about the tech, not about the shape.

agree, though i do like the 961

The reason I thought it had been pulled was due to someone on here looking at it and the seller deciding he didn't want to sell? Obviously that was a lie then. Very odd that.