What's putting a smile on your dial?

I'm glad I've stumped for the broadband package......one of the issues of living in a fringe area of Sydney....this is a regular speed result but I'm a little disappointed nevertheless. 0.97 mbps upload and .55mbps download.  I'd try to upload a graphic of it but it'd take a week 😞

18 minutes ago, jakroo said:

I'm glad I've stumped for the broadband package......one of the issues of living in a fringe area of Sydney....this is a regular speed result but I'm a little disappointed nevertheless. 0.97 mbps upload and .55mbps download.  I'd try to upload a graphic of it but it'd take a week 😞

Any visibility of if/when you’ll get the FTTP upgrade available there? What are you on now, fixed wireless?

Currently ADSL 2 at 6.72km from the Telstra exchange.  Fixed wireless is available but it's speeds aren't guaranteed to be any quicker given where we are positioned compared to the towers.  I don't ever imagine any actual NBN cabling or similar to be installed.

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

Currently ADSL 2 at 6.72km from the Telstra exchange.  Fixed wireless is available but it's speeds aren't guaranteed to be any quicker given where we are positioned compared to the towers.  I don't ever imagine any actual NBN cabling or similar to be installed.

Fixed Wireless could be worth a try if it doesn't cost a bomb to do so ... despite being originally told it wouldn't work, my parents got it and get very reasonable speeds ... lightyears ahead of their ADSL. But I'm sure in some places it really doesn't work well. Starlink could also be worth a try?

6 minutes ago, JWM said:

Fixed Wireless could be worth a try if it doesn't cost a bomb to do so ... despite being originally told it wouldn't work, my parents got it and get very reasonable speeds ... lightyears ahead of their ADSL. But I'm sure in some places it really doesn't work well. Starlink could also be worth a try?

Starlink....regardless of what you think of Elon is a gamechanger. Keep an eye out for regular deals