What's putting a smile on your dial?

@sjm  Shame I missed you mate

I was probably watching some racing, as I was never too far away for much longer than 20 minutes.

I'll definitely be framing the posters I grabbed. They were very popular and we handed out hundreds, if not thousands of them. Thursday we had hundreds of school kids, so you can imagine how berserk that was!  I don't usually get star struck, but I fan boy'd a bit and had a decent chat with Matt Campbell who signed the 906 poster for me, so that's getting framed for sure. 

Yeah Ron was stoked that he won Dave Kindigs personal choice. They said they're actually building a 356 themselves at the moment, and Dave said they have to stop the build to re-evaluate what they're doing after seeing Ron's car. I heard Dave's sidekick on the show (Kevin) say "Are you f...ing kidding me?" 😅 I told Ron he should head over to the US to give them some car building tips to the amateurs 😁

It was a very long week for all of us, yet I'd do it again anytime they need me. I told him about the Motorsport Festival and he knows the organiser, Tim, so if the planets align with Ron and his team, they would probably bring his couple of 996 cup cars for him and Warren Luff, and maaaaaybe the 906. I have offered my services to drive it, yet I'm not sure Ron would be too keen on that 😅

One thing is for sure, you won't find a more passionate Porsche guy than Ron Goodman, and the man is one of the most generous people I've ever met with his time, especially for charities. He was non stop talking with people, and is highly respected by Porsche themselves, and his crew are the nicest people too. I received a very nice text from Ron yesterday, so I am a bit humbled sitting here at the moment. It was a week I won't forget in a hurry 👍

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

@sjm  Shame I missed you mate

I was probably watching some racing, as I was never too far away for much longer than 20 minutes.

I'll definitely be framing the posters I grabbed. They were very popular and we handed out hundreds, if not thousands of them. Thursday we had hundreds of school kids, so you can imagine how berserk that was!  I don't usually get star struck, but I fan boy'd a bit and had a decent chat with Matt Campbell who signed the 906 poster for me, so that's getting framed for sure. 

Yeah Ron was stoked that he won Dave Kindigs personal choice. They said they're actually building a 356 themselves at the moment, and Dave said they have to stop the build to re-evaluate what they're doing after seeing Ron's car. I heard Dave's sidekick on the show (Kevin) say "Are you f...ing kidding me?" 😅 I told Ron he should head over to the US to give them some car building tips to the amateurs 😁

It was a very long week for all of us, yet I'd do it again anytime they need me. I told him about the Motorsport Festival and he knows the organiser, Tim, so if the planets align with Ron and his team, they would probably bring his couple of 996 cup cars for him and Warren Luff, and maaaaaybe the 906. I have offered my services to drive it, yet I'm not sure Ron would be too keen on that 😅

One thing is for sure, you won't find a more passionate Porsche guy than Ron Goodman, and the man is one of the most generous people I've ever met with his time, especially for charities. He was non stop talking with people, and is highly respected by Porsche themselves, and his crew are the nicest people too. I received a very nice text from Ron yesterday, so I am a bit humbled sitting here at the moment. It was a week I won't forget in a hurry 👍

Nice work Lee. Looking forward to the motorsport festival, especially if that 906 shows up😉

1 hour ago, sjm said:

Nice work Lee. Looking forward to the motorsport festival, especially if that 906 shows up😉

Chatting with Gary the engine builder/guru (which is not his day to day normal job), he was in the cup car chasing Ron in the 906 who was leaving him for dead, so it's bloody fast. The 906 weighs 675kg and 'around' 200hp, yet after talking with Gary about all the cars and racing in the USA over the past week, you could probably guarantee it would most definitely have more hp than that. Dead cagey that bloke, but he told me a lot of what has gone into all of the engines but I'm sworn to secrecy 😅

I'd also like to see them bring the 54 coupe that smoked everyone in the US, as their competition were saying they were cheating by having a big bore engine, but it was proven that it's still only a 1600, and as Gary told everyone who asked about it, he said "No it's not illegal, but you're asking the wrong questions, so I'm not going to tell you what I've done to it until you do". They never did, so neither did he 😅 

This is just the very trick fuel system in the 54, so you can imagine no stone has been left unturned with development of everything else.20231126_083032.thumb.jpg.67fc6dcdf17edf4e9572c145e4b07887.jpg

12 hours ago, OZ930 said:

ah...no, it doesn't.  Stroke is a function of the crank.

Ghangeing the position of your Conrod journal on the crank will either shorten your stroke or lengthen your stroke which in turn lengthens you Conrod or shortens it,.

1 minute ago, tomo said:

Changing the position of your Conrad journal on the crank will either shorten your stroke or lengthen your stroke which in turn requires the lengthening  of the Conrad or shortening it,.

yes, but that's not what you said.

You could also change the position of the gudgeon pin if the change is small, but this will bring in other problems.

11 hours ago, Harsh said:

whats a Conrad ?

Same as a Conrod but spelt by Google 😀

11 hours ago, tomo said:

Ghangeing the position of your Conrod journal on the crank will either shorten your stroke or lengthen your stroke which in turn lengthens you Conrod or shortens it,.

Yeah word mix up all good👍 .

“A man from Cork was in with his doctor. ‘Look, David. I’ve some bad news and some terrible news for you.’

‘God. What’s the bad news?!’, asked the patient. ‘Well’, replied the doctor, ‘You only have 3 days to live‘.

‘You’re joking’ says the patient. ‘How on earth can the news get any worse‘. ‘Well’, says the doctor, ‘I’ve been trying to get hold of you for the past 2 days’.”

• An old lady walked into a pet store, found a parrot, and asked the owner if she could buy it. The owner said, "Heck no! That parrot has a bad mouth! Trust me - you do not want that parrot!"

She said, "I can teach it good manners."

But, when she got home the parrot said a bad word, so she put it in the freezer for 10 seconds.

She took it out and said, "Did you learn your lesson?" It said another bad word so she put it back in for 30 seconds. She took it out and asked if it learned its lesson yet.

The parrot said "Brr... Yes, I learned my lesson, but, what did the chicken do?" 😀

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Officer asks a young engineer fresh out of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, "And what starting salary are you looking for?" The engineer replies, "In the region of $125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package." The interviewer inquires, "Well, what would you say to a package of five weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every two years, say, a red Corvette?" The engineer sits up straight and says, "Wow! Are you kidding?" The interviewer replies, "Yeah, but you started it."