Flachbau one?

Ok, I`m the one, who`s bought the slantnose.

I don`t know what to say... I`m happy that I have touched the legend. Driven her and own her. 

I have a lots of things to fix\do, might be not all of them will be a cup of tea for everyone but, I am a positive person and I hope she`ll be just fine.

Regards, George

post-1958-0-02808900-1417344133_thumb.jp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at some point I've been very anti flat-nose.  But a funny thing happened this weekend - I was reading a Pelican thread on flat noses and I looked at some for a while and said...you know what?  They're actually quite cool in their own way.

Congrats on going your own way and you do have something unique in a sea of frog-eyed cars.  And its a turbo?

Cheers guys, really appreciate this :)

Unfortunately it`s not a turbo one. She`s a pretty regular SC (apart the slant nose exterior)... In my plans to convert her back to "an old school" front end. 

Could you help me with the SMTs please? I`ve tried to search the forum, but couldn`t find any info about time and place of the next meet in Victoria...

Are you sure??? I think they look great.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads22/86Porsche935DPBlackBlack27K61368585540.jpg

I just suggest repairing your front spoiler and painting your wheel centres black to get rid of the Batmobile look. I guess it's your car after all and you can do what you like.....LOL

Are you sure??? I think they look great.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads22/86Porsche935DPBlackBlack27K61368585540.jpg

I just suggest repairing your front spoiler and painting your wheel centres black to get rid of the Batmobile look. I guess it's your car after all and you can do what you like.....LOL

yeah, the red ones look pretty awkward 

I have to say I am shocked that you would consider converting this car. I always thought slantnose cars were rare and desired(they are by me) so the idea of turning one into a normal 911 doesn't compute. George it is your car to do  with what you please but I have to ask why you bought it and not a regular 911 if slantnose aren't your thing ? Anyway I think it is a very cool car and hope you consider keeping it as is...well I have to agree with blacking the fuch's lol so almost as is ;)

It was made as a classic one, then was converted to a slant nose. It is a replica. This is NO a TURBO :)

I didn`t buy the normal one just because it was a good idea for this amount of money. Moreover front headlight mechanism tend to stuck with time and it is a pretty headache to fix it... 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was advertised and sold as one of the official conversions done by the brothers in California that were Porsche authorised converters and were supplied parts from Porsche themselves.

They only built 87 units and did so on SC's, not turbos .....

This doesn't make it a replica, this makes it a sought after authorised conversion from the 80's that are few and far between ....

Yes, this is your car ..... and yes you can do as you see fit ...... there are just a number of us here that would hate to see this example disappear, never to be seen again .....

I guess it's kind of like seeing the 930 that was posted earlier that was turned into a 993 TT ..... another original 930 bites the dust never to return .....

Sorry if it feels like we are ganging up on you ..... I suppose were're Porsche tragics and love the look of your car as is .....

We sound like the Heritage Trust, where people buy an old house only to find they cannot make alterations.

lol ^^ great way to put it! 

Do what you want with it, whatever makes you happy... value is kind of irrelevant for the "ass in seat factor" actually the more its worth the less inclined you will be to enjoy it. 

Archived