Hypothetical: 993TT or 997.2 GT3

Two very different cars for very similar $$$$.

993TT, last of the air cooled

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1996/AGC-AD-17942441/?Cr=6

Or

997.2 GT3, last manual GT3

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2010/SSE-AD-3405825/?Cr=2

Personally I would find it hard to go past the GT3.  Not sure what would be the better financial decision in 10 years time.

Depends what you like? 

Forced induction and AWD? OR wide body and 3.8 litres of N.A. Mezger? 

Theyre both future classics in their own rights! 

One has radiators one has hair dryers (and AWD) 

two different formulas....

No no single right answer! ?

But since it's being asked; GT3 7.2! It's the standard GT3 in its most potent formula. (And last of the 3 pedal cars)

Interesting point of discussion Doug.

OK......993 Turbo is the pinnacle of air cooled engineering. Quick, great handling, reliable and still retaining the charm and smell of the old guard. Value will continue to rise and rise and without doubt good examples will eclipse the value of a 997.2 GT3.

I would want both, however if I had to chose the GT3 would be the one. I've only driven a GT3 for about an hour or so and that was at a controlled freeway speed, but the glimpse of its ability that it gave, left me yearning for more. No brainer.

Nice problem to have............

No surprises from me, GT3 all the way. That particular one has been sitting there for a while, can't see it lasting that much longer though given the current trends. 

Nice problem to have............

No surprises from me, GT3 all the way. That particular one has been sitting there for a while, can't see it lasting that much longer though given the current trends.

The higher price tag is going to reduce the number of qualified buyers, but like you I can't see it lasting long either.  106 people recently viewed.

Australian delivery numbers,

993TT at 129

997.2 GT3 at 76.

GT3 

facinating that most replies prefer GT3 yet market is going mad for 993TT.    With no Gt3 on Carsales, they are equally difficult to come by! 

GT3 

facinating that most replies prefer GT3 yet market is going mad for 993TT.    With no Gt3 on Carsales, they are equally difficult to come by! 

I think the market has gone mad for GT3's in the last couple of months and that is why they have all been bought up.

Maybe there is a predominance for gt3's here because we like driving :D

GT3 

probably because the 993tt was marketed as and considered by most as a GT car rather than a pure sports car, that was left to the RS whereas the GT3 is pure no compromise sports car. Even if not as suitable, probably more desirable 

Archived