Magnus Walkers latest 'signature touch'

LeeM

No 1 priority. Make sure it is safe to drive under the conditions. Obviously the conditions were not being controlled and resulted in what happened. Cut corners and pay consequences. I'm sure we've all made similar mistakes, but since this seems to be at an event where his surroundings could have been controlled... why the f was the merc allowed in his path.

Exaccerly

Three bored employees playing marshal and some traffic cones and he could have given 'thrill rides' all day long without incident.

I doubt the cops will take an interest as nobody hurt, and not on a public road.  He even ran into his own trailer so the costs all fall on Magnus.

Taz I think you are right :) and I think in all seriousness there has been some really good points made by all in this topic about safety, I guess I'm just so sick of how boring and  "vanilla" the world has become that I have an (overinflated probably) appreciation for someone with a bit of character, a bit of colour.

I, too, dislike the vanilla nature of the clipboard wielders but - if you compare with something like a skid pan or racetrack cruise day - we all accept the need for even a basic level of control of the surroundings.  None of us want to fill out forms in triplicate and sit through 3 hours of safety videos but we don't want cars driving onto the skidpan or race circuit in the wrong direction, and we all appreciate the guys standing at the track entrances stopping anyone from doing so.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/2015/08/25/porsche-minneapolis-dealership-opens-golden-valley.html

Walker, also known as the Urban Outlaw, was driving Star Tribune video host Vineeta Sawkar when he crashed into an empty semi trailer, according to a post on her Facebook page. Photos on Twitter show the smashed-up car.
Sawkar is icing her back and "appreciating life," she wrote in her post, saying that she asked Walker to slow down before the crash.

“This guy, I don’t know why he was driving as fast as he was on that [frontage road],” Sawkar told me. “All we wanted was some nice video of him in his car, that he restored. It was bizarre. I’m just thankful I got out of it alive and no one else was hurt.”

http://www.startribune.com/c-j-vineeta-sawkar-recovering-after-porsche-demo-goes-bad/322865841/

Yep, that's his own trailer. Apparently he was showing off with a chick in the car

80-partsbeast_82169155b47c621a82e325ca56

This pic shows that he was actually on the road!!

Hey.....that applies to almost all of the pfa members?

I think Amanda would object to that comment LOL, (although you did say almost all) probably true for the rest of us though..........

“This guy, I don’t know why he was driving as fast as he was on that [frontage road],” Sawkar told me. “All we wanted was some nice video of him in his car, that he restored. It was bizarre. I’m just thankful I got out of it alive and no one else was hurt.”

http://www.startribune.com/c-j-vineeta-sawkar-recovering-after-porsche-demo-goes-bad/322865841/

This pic shows that he was actually on the road!!

Double yellows as well.

Seems the story is coming together - joy rides, girl asks to slow down, overtakes trailer parked on the road on double yellows, sees car coming the other way.

I would hope for his sake it doesn't end up in court.   You would hope that the reporter just lets it drop.  I'm sure it was scary but people have lived through far worse.

Double yellows as well.

Seems the story is coming together - joy rides, girl asks to slow down, overtakes trailer parked on the road on double yellows, sees car coming the other way.

I would hope for his sake it doesn't end up in court.   You would hope that the reporter just lets it drop.  I'm sure it was scary but people have lived through far worse.

I think that it would be a matter for the police now.

A little bit of stupidity can go a long way......

"this car contains sweat stains and coffee stains and blood stains, and you just can't duplicate that." mw 2014 re#277

But can you market that , maybe as a vintage 911 air "freshener"? You have to admit it has some potential . Sell it to the 991 guys.

Cool, was hoping to see pics of 277 bingled. Read about it on IG on MWs page.

And i want to add 'menoporsche' hahahah funny.

If the account from the reporter are correct (whether she be middle aged and average looking or not, thats  irrelevant) and she asked him to slow down prior to hitting the trailer, Magnus needs to take a good long look at himself.  Not cool.  Whether he realises it or not, he sets an example now... and those less intelligent types will follow his lead regardless of their age.  He is officially a clown.

It will be really interesting to see what else comes out about it, maybe he was a complete tosser and was completely reckless???. Totally agree that he sets a standard that infuences the public, it would be really interesting to see what the average age was of people who view his clips?

I've taken many statements from people who have said "I said this to them and I said this" then when you put it on paper and ask them to sign it they come back with comments like "well, I didn't actually say that, I wanted to or I was going to but I didn't". But in this case if she did tell him to slow down then he should have listerned no arguments there, he was completely wrong. The relevance of her age and looks is to the profile of people who are more likely to sue, not in reference to him listerning to her or not.

I'm sure you mean he always has been.  Those videos he does driving not so sedately on freeways and industrial areas does NOT make him cool. It makes him an idiot.

It makes him the Urban Outlaw,  which is what this is all about - branding , USA-style. Kids love it B)

It makes him the Urban Outlaw,  which is what this is all about - branding , USA-style. Kids love it B)

Agreed ! Urban Outlaw? LMAO, he's no outlaw - more like a cool quirky guy turned corporate money making wanker. Hes a money making machine, a brand. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him, half his luck, but the days of him being some cool dude tinkering with Porsche s are long gone. 

Now that he has stepped into that corporate world of paid endorsements, appearance fees, merchandise, etc. he needs to watch himself. I would suggest his PUBLICIST and BUSINESS MANAGER wont be happy with his half assed driving antics

The cops wont get him, but Corporate America will.....

Well he's the parody of the comic book cool guy. I think it's the English accent that appeals to the yankees. 

Suburban outlaws , well we've got them all over Australia , getting hands dirty , unkempt , doin' cool car things that make them happy.Even making doughnuts.

Archived